UPDATE, Dorsey deal would be for #24 and #90

xFalconLord

..The Falcons and Chiefs may not be done dealing. Per a league source, Pioli and fellow Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff (a former Patriots executive), may be looking to help each other out. Based on rumblings we're hearing from WFSM in Atlanta, the Chiefs and Falcons may still be working on a deal that could send defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey to Atlanta for the 24th overall and 90th overall selections.

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2009/4/24/8...ty-really-trade

UPDATE

Hello folks,

I host The Bill Shanks Show on WFSM Fox Sports 1670 in Macon, Georgia.

Let me first give you some insight on how my station has been involved in these Dorsey rumors just to clear anything up. When I called the KC reporter to have him on my show Thursday to talk about the Gonzalez trade, he told me that he had heard there were more discussions going on involving Glenn Dorsey coming to Atlanta. He did not think the Falcons and Chiefs were finished yet.

I told him we had read about the rumor on the Internet on Wednesday and actually talked about it on our show. I did not say anything about hearing the Falcons were going to give up a draft pick or two draft picks for Dorsey. All I told him was we had read the Internet rumor that was up a few days ago and had talked about it on the program.

How it got spun, from one website to another, and included our station call letters is beyond me. But I don't want anyone to think we were starting any rumor. We were just discussing the rumor we had read about online and ran with that for discussion.

Now I will tell you this: the KC reporter I had on my show (and I'm not blaming him for putting our call letters out there) was very adament about his sources about the Dorsey trade discussions. I told him D. Orlando Ledbetter had shot it down on our show, and he was still believing in what his sources were telling him that discussions were going on.

That all being said, I want to invite all of you to join me today in the 4:00 pm ET hour for Falcons talk. We want phone calls on our show from you, the Falcons fans, to tell us who you want the Falcons to draft and why. I want good Falcons discussions. So please join us on The Bill Shanks Show at 4:00 pm ET for Falcons Talk. Go to www.foxsports1670.com and click on the speaker icon at the top to listen live. Our phone number is 478-471-1670. And Wes Durham will be on with us at 5:30 today as well to talk about the draft.

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?a...mp;qpid=4665938

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope this happens and I'm kind of surprised Jamaal wouldn't be in the deal because he seems to be the perfect 3-4 DE. I guess TD wants to keep good relations with Pioli so he doesn't want to screw him by sending over Jamaal when he knows that he just sucks and it wouldn't matter what defense he's in. lol. I guess it could be possible that TD see's a little something in Jamaal and hopes he can put it together. I don't know but getting Dorsey would make Bab's one **** of a backup/rotational player. We still would have to get some insurance for Trey Lewis even though I think he'll be alright. They may be thinking Trey can play on running downs then they can slide Dorsey over and bring in Babs for passing plays. Not real sure but would love to get Dorsey.

..The Falcons and Chiefs may not be done dealing. Per a league source, Pioli and fellow Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff (a former Patriots executive), may be looking to help each other out. Based on rumblings we're hearing from WFSM in Atlanta, the Chiefs and Falcons may still be working on a deal that could send defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey to Atlanta for the 24th overall and 90th overall selections.

I hope we throw in JA98 and get a pick back.. its sad to see that Jamaal isnt even worth a 3rd round pick in this years draft. If he were, we could do the deal for JA98 and the #24. Especially beind that his only fit is with a 3-4 team.

Except the only people wanting to get rid of Jamaal are idiots on this board. The FO has never made any mention about getting rid of Anderson, and are quite content to LET HIM DEVELOP !!!! :rolleyes:

That means we would need to choose LB or S in the second round. I hope we go LB, as I think Dorsey will help our secondary quite a bit. Maybe Moore slips to the 4th and we trade up and grab a SS then. I would be smiling all weekend if that was pulled off.

Also, that site has Dorsey as the third pick in last years draft. I am pretty sure last years third pick already plays for the Falcons. Bottom line, the cap hit is too big for the Chiefs to take.

That means we would need to choose LB or S in the second round. I hope we go LB, as I think Dorsey will help our secondary quite a bit. Maybe Moore slips to the 4th and we trade up and grab a SS then. I would be smiling all weekend if that was pulled off.

Also, that site has Dorsey as the third pick in last years draft. I am pretty sure last years third pick already plays for the Falcons. Bottom line, the cap hit is too big for the Chiefs to take.

I agree, I hope we go LB in the 2nd.

Is it possible that we can grab Larry English in the 2nd? Or is he a first rounder?

I really hope this happens and I'm kind of surprised Jamaal wouldn't be in the deal because he seems to be the perfect 3-4 DE. I guess TD wants to keep good relations with Pioli so he doesn't want to screw him by sending over Jamaal when he knows that he just sucks and it wouldn't matter what defense he's in. lol. I guess it could be possible that TD see's a little something in Jamaal and hopes he can put it together. I don't know but getting Dorsey would make Bab's one **** of a backup/rotational player. We still would have to get some insurance for Trey Lewis even though I think he'll be alright. They may be thinking Trey can play on running downs then they can slide Dorsey over and bring in Babs for passing plays. Not real sure but would love to get Dorsey.

Well, with Dorsey it would be a better situation for Jamaal. A lot of guys here don't realize that Dorsey isn't a UT or an NT but rather a DT. If we keep him he would be a full time read and react DE because Dorsey could play with either Babs or Lewis in the mix. I think that if anything Anderson would be used in a deal where we would get at least another pick.

Horrible trade. What do you do with Babinaux? He just got the big contract extension, and plays the SAME POSITON as Dorsey.

Dorsey has bust written all over him, and we have too amny needs to give up 2 picks for an underperformer.

46 tackles, 1 sack and 1 ff as a rookie and your saying he has bust written all over him. Wow. Why don't you go look up Sapp's rookie numbers along with any other great DT's rookie numbers and compare and you'll see that Dorsey put up better numbers and he had no help. That's not underperforming. Jamaal is called underperforming.

I agree, I hope we go LB in the 2nd.

Is it possible that we can grab Larry English in the 2nd? Or is he a first rounder?

I think we would have to trade up into the top of the second round to get him. At that point, I would rather trade up for Delmas, and grab Follet (LB from Cal) in the 4th. That kid has the range to play in Smith's system, and he can get to the QB.

Horrible trade. What do you do with Babinaux? He just got the big contract extension, and plays the SAME POSITON as Dorsey.

Dorsey has bust written all over him, and we have too amny needs to give up 2 picks for an underperformer.

Played in all 16 games…

44th in the league in tackles for all DLs

17th in the league for all DT/NT

First in the league by a rookie (DT and DE included)

46 tackles (32U/14 A), 1 sack

Had more tackles than Marcus Stroud, Alex Brown, John Henderson, and Tommie Harris…

Babs had 39 (32/7) with 3.5 sacks

Gravy had 28 (23/5) and 2 sacks

I hope we throw in JA98 and get a pick back.. its sad to see that Jamaal isnt even worth a 3rd round pick in this years draft. If he were, we could do the deal for JA98 and the #24. Especially beind that his only fit is with a 3-4 team.

Except the only people wanting to get rid of Jamaal are idiots on this board. The FO has never made any mention about getting rid of Anderson, and are quite content to LET HIM DEVELOP !!!! :rolleyes:

The FO is not trying to trde JA98 only people on this msg board.

I think we would have to trade up into the top of the second round to get him. At that point, I would rather trade up for Delmas, and grab Follet (LB from Cal) in the 4th. That kid has the range to play in Smith's system, and he can get to the QB.

Now with a Dorsey trade I can really see both Delmas and Follett, but Follett (one of my fave players in this draft) hasn't been on the radar as far as we know.

I don't see them as playing the same position at all (other than DT). I see him more as a Warren Sapp type DT (basically a hybrid)...