Glenn Dorsey

Shelley#37

I did a little research on NFL.com since I didn't follow the Chiefs last year...

Played in all 16 games…

44th in the league in tackles for all DLs

17th in the league for all DT/NT

First in the league by a rookie (DT and DE included)

46 tackles (32U/14 A), 1 sack

Had more tackles than Marcus Stroud, Alex Brown, John Henderson, and Tommie Harris…

Babs had 39 (32/7) with 3.5 sacks

Gravy had 28 (23/5) and 2 sacks

Just thought I would drop some FACTS into all this speculation....

I did a little research on NFL.com since I didn't follow the Chiefs last year...

Played in all 16 games…

Had more tackles than Marcus Stroud, Alex Brown, John Henderson, and Tommie Harris…

More facts:

John Henderson missed 2 games; 34 tackles, 2 sacks

Marcus Stroud was traded for a 3rd and a 5th before the start of last season, 29 tackles 2.5 sacks

Tommie Harris missed two games, still had 37 tackles and 5 sacks.

What's worse, is the guy, Dorsey, was invisible for many games where there were plenty of opportunities

Chiefs gave up 38pts to Atlanta, Dorsey, 5 tackles

34 to Carolina - 2 tackles

28 to NYJ - 1 tackle

33 to Denver - 3 tackles

30 to Tampa - 4 tackles

30 to New Orleans - 4 tackles

38 to Miami - 1 tackle

I like Dorsey.

But the rumored price is a bit steep.

Our first and second may be his "Market Value", but I expect TD to get him for below market value with some savvy negotiations.

If not, I say keep the picks and get Myron Pryor in the 3rd or 4th.

If the other thread is right it would be a 1st and 3rd round pick. just saying. unsure about it(the trade) at the moment.

There was an article written last year by Jason Whitlock, who is a bit of a head case, but sometime he's right on. He wrote that the Edwards coaching staff should be fired for playing Dorsey on point instead of the gap. His quickness was negated because he was lining up right over the guard and they were just moving him out of the play. He's not Albert Haynesworth you know.. So in the right scheme playing the gap I think you would see the Warren Sapp type player we all saw at LSU. Course if we don't get him this is all moot.. :lol:

Guest Gritz
There was an article written last year by Jason Whitlock, who is a bit of a head case, but sometime he's right on. He wrote that the Edwards coaching staff should be fired for playing Dorsey on point instead of the gap. His quickness was negated because he was lining up right over the guard and they were just moving him out of the play. He's not Albert Haynesworth you know.. So in the right scheme playing the gap I think you would see the Warren Sapp type player we all saw at LSU. Course if we don't get him this is all moot.. :lol:

Excellent excellent points.....It's funny how so many people on here just think that every player is supposed to be an All Pro regardless of what scheme he plays in or assignment he's given....... :lol:

Played in all 16 games…

He should have had decent stats, the Chiefs defence was on the field about 50 minutes per game!

first in tackles for a rookie dt. nuff said B)

Demorio Williams led the league in tackles and we didn't even offer him a contract when he became a free agent. Tackles in itself is about the most worthless stat ever for a lot of different reasons.

Demorio Williams led the league in tackles and we didn't even offer him a contract when he became a free agent. Tackles in itself is about the most worthless stat ever for a lot of different reasons.
Demo was top 10 but he never led the league in tackles.

It amazes me how people discount tackles. They are way more important than many think.

Don't make the tackle and see what happens.