FYI "When I retire, I'm going to retire a Chief"

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with that? Did Joe Montana go into the HOF as a Chief or a Niner?

Both. You don't choose teams when you go to the HOF - all teams you played for are represented. Retiring as a Chief makes sense, though. Look at Jerry Rice. I would not be surprised if Brooking comes back here to retire - and I would totally expect Tony to do that - it's the right thing to do.

Both. You don't choose teams when you go to the HOF - all teams you played for are represented. Retiring as a Chief makes sense, though. Look at Jerry Rice. I would not be surprised if Brooking comes back here to retire - and I would totally expect Tony to do that - it's the right thing to do.

And if he wants to do that, he has 2 play out his last 3 years on his contract :D

The last time I took a new job with a competitor, I didn't warn them I would still leave my heart in the last job....

Ask any human resources professional on that strategy

Totally different. Sports players who play anywhere for any length of time develop ties to the community, team and fans. It's natural. He is not being disloyal in his commitment to his new team - he's saying he won't forget everything the last team, community and fans meant in his life. Good for him.

Don't be so sensitive - it's done all the time.

LOL

You guys slay me. I half posted it in jest, but you guys always come to the rescue of a new player. I find it curious that someone who says they are a fan of a team thinks it "ok" for one of their teams players to show some love for another team.

When you get out of bed in the morning, do you think to yourself, 'man I'm glad I'm a slut'?

Gonzo must be related to Jim Mora (I want the Wash. Univ job) to make stupid statements like that.....

link Dallas Morning News

He deserves to go in as a Chief. The fans of KC deserve to have him go in as a Chief. If we get 3 years out of him, consider us blessed.

I understand that, but if you look at his HOF ceremony it was based on his 49er career.

LOL

You guys slay me. I half posted it in jest, but you guys always come to the rescue of a new player. I find it curious that someone who says they are a fan of a team thinks it "ok" for one of their teams players to show some love for another team.

Noone is coming to his "rescue". We are just telling you to stop being so sensitive about it. And how was anyone suppose to know you were joking?

Gonzo must be related to Jim Mora (I want the Wash. Univ job) to make stupid statements like that.....

link Dallas Morning News

Jim Mora had a job and on the heels of a bad season said that he would like another job. Gonzales has a job and said he would like to retire someday as a Chief. They would draw up a $1 cerimonious contract and that's it. He's not looking to get his old job back for $1.

This is not a new concept. Players who have played the majority of their career for one team usually state that is the team they would like to retire with.

Does anyone have the emoticon of the smiley face smacking it's forehead in disbelief?