More on Dorsey Deal

Duff_Man

Landry was just on talking about the possible deal. Here's what I remember:

-Was working with both TD and Pioli yesterday while they were hammering out the Gonzalez deal. (In case anyone questions his info)

-Said TD and the staff LOVE Dorsey.

-Said KC is moving to a 3-4, so a deal makes sense for them.

-Said ATL may give up their FIRST TWO PICKS to get Dorsey here.

-As far as cap room, the Chiefs are tighter than we are, but they can make it work.

-Said Tony G has 2.5-3 years left.

-Mentioned that as it stands now, ATL got the better of the deal, but if Dorsey gets moved for those picks, it sways to KC.

My take:

Trade talks are exciting and all, but the first two picks for Dorsey? I am not on board with that.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the first two picks of this years draft is a bit much I think. Maybe our first and a fourth for Dorsey is what I would give.

TD's gotta know we need serious upgrades at DT, LB, and CB, not to mention concern's at SS (as usual). So he has got to get atleast 2 to 3 starters on D in this years draft. Giving up our first two picks for one starter isn't going to get it done IMO

I am not liking this. Look at it this way... would you trade the Chiefs 2 of these players: Curtis Lofton, Chevis Jackson, or Sam Baker? I mean, seriously, that's essentially what we're doing. We would be trading 2 starters, for 1. I say offer them the first and a 4th or 5th. If they want it, great. If not, let's not take it. We got a great deal on TG, let's not ruin it by a stupid trade.

Time out: I think it's hard to believe that estabished players like Braylon Edwards and Anquan Boldin are having difficulty fetching a 1st & a 3rd, but the Falcons would willingly give up a 1st & a 2nd.

That said, there is simply no way KC could justify letting Dorsey go for just the #24 pick, no matter how much he doesn't fit now.

Considering Dorsey did not live up to the hype yet he is worth a 3rd rounder at best. The real problem is the Chiefs would take a 17.6M cap hit because of the 22M signing bonus. Back to reality.

I agree with you. KC is the 1 not sure if they want 2 keep the guy, so we hold the cards. A 3rd at the most.

Time out: I think it's hard to believe that estabished players like Braylon Edwards and Anquan Boldin are having difficulty fetching a 1st & a 3rd, but the Falcons would willingly give up a 1st & a 2nd.

I don't think the OP said we were willing to give up that but going by draft status, only Edwards was a 1st rounder in their draft but both have played well enough to warrant at least a 1st. Their respective teams have over-valued them though. But I blame the Cowboys for trading all those picks for Roy Williams and causing that mess.

I might be willing to part with our first, but not first and second. We've still got a whole defense to improve and while I think Dorsey would be a big help for us, he wouldn't be the only thing we need.

Now, seriously, if it's financially possible, I really wouldn't lose sleep over trading Jamaal Anderson. I don't think it'll happen, though.

I do think that Chauncey Davis has earned the right to get a very serious look as the starter at left end. He's been more productive than Anderson with less snaps and gets after the passer better - why shouldn't he start? I don't think that there'd be any dropoff with losing Anderson and starting Davis and we can get another run-stuffing DE later in the draft (the premium is on pass-rushers).

Just thinkin' out loud...

Direwolf

That said, there is simply no way KC could justify letting Dorsey go for just the #24 pick, no matter how much he doesn't fit now.

Agreed, he was the what, 4th overall last year. There is no way they trade him for just a 24. But, I dont think we should give them a 1 and 2. I also dont see TD making that move. I would much rather use our 2 picks and get Ziggy Hood and William Moore.

If this happened, would we try to trade Babs? If not, would we expect Babs and Dorsey to play together? If not, that's a lot of money tied up into one position on the DL.

It also seems like we should have some more leverage here. I mean, it's clear Dorsey doesn't fit what they're doing. Keeping him doesn't do them much good.

I just hate the idea of giving up a first and second and paying a guy Top-5 pick money. Maybe if we also swapped thirds with them...I dunno.

To this point, TD has made no moves to make me think I shouldn't trust his judgment. If he determines that Dorsey is worth the value - I believe he has some other deals going to even the scale and he'll make the right call for Atlanta.

Until he proves me wrong - I trust his decision, whatever it is.

Agreed, he was the what, 4th overall last year. There is no way they trade him for just a 24. But, I dont think we should give them a 1 and 2. I also dont see TD making that move. I would much rather use our 2 picks and get Ziggy Hood and William Moore.

And I think that's the arguement TD could/would make and that's why I believe that unless it's a 4th rounder or below (along with the 1st), this deal won't happen.

The thing is, if we do get Dorsey, we are getting him at a bargain salary price since KC is on the hook for all his bonus money. That makes him that much more valuable to us.

I think I would be ok with trading our 1st and 2nd for him if TD likes him that much. He could become a monster in his 2nd year in the NFL.

And if this deal is really being talked about, it could explain why KC was ok with taking next year's 2nd for Gonzo instead of this years..they might be getting this year's as well.