You Gus Are Overrating The Falcons Way Too Much!

Everyone on here is overrating the falcons like crazy. One guy said "we will have the offense in the league by far," another said "the question is, is our offense better than the 07 patriots?" the fact that u guys are saying all this just bcuz of acquiring 1 player is a joke. Sure we had a good season, but to assume that everyone will be the same or better next year is dumb. There are bound to be disappointing players. I think are offensive line will fall short of expectations after last years great season. Ryan is not the best QB in the NFL like brady was in 07, Roddy is not the best WR in the league like Moss was in 07, our offensive line is not the best in the league like NE's in 07, sure are RBs are better but are other O players are not in the same league as NE's in 07 bcuz they are young. Sure they could be in the future but don't put your expectations sky high this year or u will for sure be disappointed. Last season, no one realistically expected the playoffs, but we got there and everyone was thrilled with that because of the lower expectations. This season, u should again not aim sky high: aim for making the conference championship, not winning the superbowl! Be patient and don't set ur expectations TOO high.

Everyone on here is overrating the falcons like crazy. One guy said "we will have the offense in the league by far," another said "the question is, is our offense better than the 07 patriots?" the fact that u guys are saying all this just bcuz of acquiring 1 player is a joke. Sure we had a good season, but to assume that everyone will be the same or better next year is dumb. There are bound to be disappointing players. I think are offensive line will fall short of expectations after last years great season. Ryan is not the best QB in the NFL like brady was in 07, Roddy is not the best WR in the league like Moss was in 07, our offensive line is not the best in the league like NE's in 07, sure are RBs are better but are other O players are not in the same league as NE's in 07 bcuz they are young. Sure they could be in the future but don't put your expectations sky high this year or u will for sure be disappointed. Last season, no one realistically expected the playoffs, but we got there and everyone was thrilled with that because of the lower expectations. This season, u should again not aim sky high: aim for making the conference championship, not winning the superbowl! Be patient and don't set ur expectations TOO high.

We were 6th WITHOUT Tony with a ROOKIE QB. Quit acting like a fan and leave. Or do a better job acting like a fan like Jedi-Falcon. :)

Allow people to get caught up in the moment ... we have a fantastic offence no matter what you say, the potential is there ... compare this to where we were last year.

Falcon fans should be over the moon at the transformation and potential

There is just as much if not more reason to think the offense will be able to sustain. Last year the offense performed well DESPITE factors saying it shouldn't. Many of those areas have been addressed, the offense has a full year of experience together, the full playbook can be implemented. . and they added Tony GOnzalez. I see no reason why that is likely to equal a lesser performance.

to think we will not be as good as last yr, thats not being a fan! i truly believe we will be a top ranked offense this yr. if you dont, then i hear the panthers have room for another fan

i do think we will be better on offense this year than last, however, i don't see us as being the top one in the league like some so. thats all. i didn't say anything negative in this post nor have i before on this board, i was just being realistic. if u are a homer, it means picking the falcons for the playoffs last year. Being a realistic fan is saying they will win around 6 to 7 games. Yes i know they went 11 and 5, but no one really thought they would. I predicted 7 wins last year, don't call me pessimistic.

noyphh.jpg

Matt Ryan after hearing of the trade

Looks like he disagrees with you.

It's not abnormal for our fans or any other fans to be like this. I remember someone saying Harrington was going to be MVP or something along those lines and lot of people agreed. Anything could happen during a season . If the players stay healthy this year I don't expect anything less than a playoff run. I don't know if that's setting the bar too high but I think it is definately possible.

A few things to note. Our rushing game is much better than the 2007 Patriots. Laurence Maroney was their leading rusher, with 835 yards and 6 TD's. Turner doubled that production with 1699 yards and 17 TD's. Let's compare depth charts...

New England 2007 vs Atlanta 2009

Brady > Ryan

Moss > White

Welker > Jenkins

Maroney < Turner

Watson < Gonzalez

Stallworth < Douglas

Gaffney < Norwood

The 2007 Patriots had advantages at QB and both WR's. We have the advantage at RB, TE, and depth. I don't think we'll be setting any passing records. I will bet we end up with a much more balanced offense. I don't think we'll score 75 TD's.

"The problem is all inside your mask", He said to me,

"Identitey is obvious, to both you and me"

I'd hate to loose you in your mission to be free

There must be 50 ways to blow your cover

Fifty ways, to blow your cover

He said it's really not my habit to unmask

Furthermore, I hope to fail you in your secret agent task

But I'll unmask you at the risk of being basked

There must be 50 ways to blow your cover

Just take off your mask, Jack

Make the wrong plan, Stan

Don't need to deploy, Roy

Just keep yourself free

Jump off the bus, Gus

Don't need to discuss much

Just loose your card key, Lee,

But keep yourself free...

He said it humors me to see you in such strife

Wish there was soemthing I could do to make you loose your life

I'd hate to do that, but I'm ordered by your wife

About those fifty ways...

He said why don't you just tell me your whole plan

And I beleive later on, that I will call for the man

And he shot me and I relaized he wasn't a fan

Just keep yourself free

Jump off the bus, Gus

Just keep yourself free

Jump off the bus, Gus

i do think we will be better on offense this year than last, however, i don't see us as being the top one in the league like some so. thats all. i didn't say anything negative in this post nor have i before on this board, i was just being realistic. if u are a homer, it means picking the falcons for the playoffs last year. Being a realistic fan is saying they will win around 6 to 7 games. Yes i know they went 11 and 5, but no one really thought they would. I predicted 7 wins last year, don't call me pessimistic.

We were on of the top in the league last year. If you're a fan you don't get caught up in the realist garbage you support your team. That's like me saying I support me child that's struggling in school and saying they can do better but I only expect them to be average. If you want to be a "realist" go join Terrence Moore.