The sheer genius of TD...we pay only base salaries of TG

gazoo

In 2007, Tony Gonzalez signed a 5 year, $35 million dollar contract with a signing bonus is $12.5 million.

HOWEVER, KC EATS THE SIGNING BONUS, AND WE GET TONY FOR JUST HIS BASE SALARIES:

2009: $4 million,

2010: $4.5 million,

2011: $5.75 million

He also has roster bonuses of $1 Mill in 2010 and 2011

Our stud QB gets one of the best red zone touchdown scoring TE's in the NFL ready to play immediately. Our red zone scoring is going to turn from FGs to TDs and our ability to rive the ballagainst Cover 2 defenses just dramatically improved with the seam busting TE. The Bucs are HATING THIS.

Next, we traded NEXT year's 2nd round pick, But TD has managed to stockpile 3 compensatory picks by the loss of Foxworth, Brooking, Boley, Grady's 3 year deal w/ Lions will offset Peteson and Milloy will get signed and may offset the center we signed.

Next years draft will stll see at least 7 picks, even with this trade.

I think this has the potential to rank up there with NE trading a 4th rounder for Randy Moss. Actually, I read that since 2005, Tony is 6th in the entire league in receptions, which is ahead of Randy Moss.... And we still have ALL of our picks this year. How 'bout them apples?

In 2007, Tony Gonzalez signed a 5 year, $35 million dollar contract with a signing bonus is $12.5 million.

Our stud QB gets one of the best red zone touchdown scoring TE's in the NFL ready to play immediately. Our red zone scoring is going to turn from FGs to TDs and our ability to rive the ballagainst Cover 2 defenses just dramatically improved with the seam busting TE. The Bucs are HATING THIS.

Next, we traded NEXT year's 2nd round pick, But TD has managed to stockpile 3 compensatory picks by the loss of Foxworth, Brooking, Boley, Grady's 3 year deal w/ Lions will offset Peteson and Milloy will get signed and may offset the center we signed.

We'll pay his roster bonuses too if he's still on the team.

Does KC pay the 2010 & 2011 roster bonuses that he'll be due in those years?

Have you seen the contract details or assuming the Falcons picked up his existing contract? A contract is always a negotiating point in the NFL world. Don't get me wrong I am excited about the way the trade happened pick wise but I am seeking confirmation on the facts.

Have you seen the contract details or assuming the Falcons picked up his existing contract? A contract is always a negotiating point in the NFL world. Don't get me wrong I am excited about the way the trade happened pick wise but I am seeking confirmation on the facts.

If we had renegotiated his contract as part of the trade it would have been reported by all the media outlets. Any renegotiations would have had to be complete prior to the trade.

If we had renegotiated his contract as part of the trade it would have been reported by all the media outlets. Any renegotiations would have had to be complete prior to the trade.

Yep, generally when a player is traded the new team accepts the current contract & the pieces of the trade are put together with this in mind. Bottom line is TG is happy to have a new home in ATL, he already got his signing bonus, there's really nothing to negotiate in terms of dollars. It was more about where he would be playing the next 2-3 yrs.

I've always wondered about this because it seems most assume the continuation of the original contract. I am sure the details will be out tomorrow.

Thanks for the update and the Falcons support.