Laurinaitis and English too much a reach at 24!

koby_z28

It seems everyone on this board thinks one of these guys is a lock with the # 24 pick. Although I think these would be good fits in the system, I believe its a reach and at least one of these players, if not both will be available early in the 2nd. Thats why the trade down is so perfect, but I believe someone else will be a surprise slip. It is bound to happen, out of all the LB/DE/DT in the first atleast one WILL SLIP.

I think a more likely choice might be one of these players that end up not being taken by 24:

-->One of the three USC linebackers

--> Peria Jerry

-->Everette Brown

Anyone of these guys would be great.

I wouldn't take any of the USC linebackers over Laurinaitis, whom I consider to be one of the five best players in this draft. As for Everette Brown, Gosselin's board indicates that if we're drafting him, we should be doing it in round 2, not round 1.

How are JL and English a reach? They are actually the most likely candidates for our 24th pick. That is if we don't get Dorsey :D

Agreed. For me though, the consensus pick I like for us is Larry English. He provides versatility at DE and has the ability to play some OLB for us. With TD and co. looking for interchangable players, I think he might be it.

Agreed. For me though, the consensus pick I like for us is Larry English. He provides versatility at DE and has the ability to play some OLB for us. With TD and co. looking for interchangable players, I think he might be it.

I look at it differently... I think Laurinaitis is just as versatile...

He would play SLB/WLB(yes i think he can play WLB) in the 4-3 and slip inside next to Lofton in the 3-4... 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other...