Sorry to throw something bitter into the happiness

joenate25

I have been following this MB since the news of the trade and it baffles the mess out of me how wishy washy some of these fans are. Seriously, manyof you need to take a chill pill and realize this is still a game, football. It should not be your life, if it is, that is ridiculuous. People like Legion of Christ and Jedi_Falcon and these other geeks and dorks will say one thing but then contradict that the next minute. The proof is in the pudding. I am happy with the Atlanta Falcons organization as a whole, and, finally, we ahve a relief on the MB from the usual yada yada banter, however, even with the news of today, it confuses me how many of these posters are.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are more passionate about the team and the entire process than others. This does not mean that they do not have a life. Many people have different passions and different levels of passion. You should just understand that and not try to judge where their passions lie.

I have been following this MB since the news of the trade and it baffles the mess out of me how wishy washy some of these fans are. Seriously, manyof you need to take a chill pill and realize this is still a game, football. It should not be your life, if it is, that is ridiculuous. People like Legion of Christ and Jedi_Falcon and these other geeks and dorks will say one thing but then contradict that the next minute. The proof is in the pudding. I am happy with the Atlanta Falcons organization as a whole, and, finally, we ahve a relief on the MB from the usual yada yada banter, however, even with the news of today, it confuses me how many of these posters are.

Leave my name out of your posts man. We are fans. Short for "Fanatic" and synonomous with zealot. In my RL I barely speak to anyone outside of my family about football and I reserve the right to be as wishy washy as I choose. You don't like it, don't come here. Realistically though, this IS the place to act like that. Not in my RL. Thank you, now lets not make this too much more personal huh?

BTW: I'm married with six children going on seven. I attend church multiple days a week, self employed internet ad salesman, spend lots of time with my family, member of two social organizations, in school for the ministry and serious falcons fan. My hobbies include playing semi-pro football (15yrs and counting), writing poetry and short stories, reading, spending time with my children, I know and teach 5 different close combat styles, go to the shooting range weekly, and I love people. On the boards I get to be annoyed and or elated if I want to be. Maybe a couple of hours after my wife is sleep instead of watching to tube. Don't act like you know me at all.

Leave my name out of your posts man. We are fans. Short for "Fanatic" and synonomous with zealot. In my RL I barely speak to anyone outside of my family about football and I reserve the right to be as wishy washy as I choose. You don't like it, don't come here. Realistically though, this IS the place to act like that. Not in my RL. Thank you, now lets not make this too much more personal huh?

It aint personal, just the truth.

Newbie,

if you don't like these boards, Legion of Christ, Jedi_Falcon, myself and others would like you to feel free to not come back if it is so "uncomfortable" for you........since we bother you so much, don't torture yourself :rolleyes:

You think this is just a game? I have a bottle of sleeping pills that disagrees.

It aint personal, just the truth.

No it isn't. Its dead wrong assumptions and a really messed up one at that. You can't come on here and get personal and then act like you aren't whether you think its true or not. I've been on this board for either 4 or 5yrs and NEVER once was called out like that. I've been called names and even serious agreed or disagreed with, but only once has a thread been made in order to call me out. Finally made a mistaken comment on one thread, I have to wonder if you just followed along? MB's are a fantasy world, but not it gets real, thats why I said its personal, you struck a blow at the PERSON behind the username hence the word personal. How do you even know that my threads and "reactions" weren't just a larger than life expression of a small bit of doubt.

Just a bit of advice, don't do that type of thing again in the future. Keep it simple, don't get too deep.

WOW!!! This is absolutely pathetic. Look at how many people actually responded to this post! Your passion??? Ok. . . whatever. I guarantee most of the people here are nothing to do white dudes.

Back away from the keyboard. You are getting entirely too upset over our lives. You should calm down and get a life. I'm sure you can find a can to kick.

Hey! It's off-season fool! I, for one, am happy to be a geek. I'm easily amused. After all, I responded to your thread. I think you should make an immediate appointment with your proctologist for a rectal cranium extraction to increase your creditability!

Newbie,

if you don't like these boards, Legion of Christ, Jedi_Falcon, myself and others would like you to feel free to not come back if it is so "uncomfortable" for you........since we bother you so much, don't torture yourself :rolleyes:

I'm actually stunned. I was having a nuclear meltdown on the boards last year when we drafted Matt Ryan while joking about a character on a TV show with my wife, having some laughs, and celebrating 6mos of sobriety from alcohol. My newborn son was on my lap and I spoke with her about the move and how I was against it while taking one of our walks. A couple of days later my cousin came over and we talked football and it became an all night discussion when he showed me Ryan's draft tapes. I came on to the boards and swore to everyone that we would go 10-6 and playoffs.

You of all people have seen me post both garbage and good stuff and in the end I still speak of the fellow FANS here as my cyber friends. You know I posted the above because there is a difference between perception and reality and this jerk doesn't seem to get it.

I used to hate Jedi but Thats my boy.... Love him now. He does weird stuff but Hes a die harder like us all. Legion cant say much about but I do respect him but he did get mad cause I curse alot. What can I say Im a Poka player and we curse ALOT

WOW!!! This is absolutely pathetic. Look at how many people actually responded to this post! Your passion??? Ok. . . whatever. I guarantee most of the people here are nothing to do white dudes.

Care to make a wager on that son? The words most associated with me are African American, Black, Nubian, Igbo,and Not White. LOL!!!

I used to hate Jedi but Thats my boy.... Love him now. He does weird stuff but Hes a die harder like us all. Legion cant say much about but I do respect him but he did get mad cause I curse alot. What can I say Im a Poka player and we curse ALOT

You took it personally didn't you? I didn't want you to get banned. Can't hear my tone through a screen, so how would you know?

whats funny is i did write a few min ago defending Jedi and Legion but after reading Legions post a few min ago that he did "Not starting to start anything but"....man I take that back. Your not so good of fan. I would call u a ****IN idiot but then u would cry cause I cursed. Man, we just got Tony G today -this is great news and all u are is negative. TD is the man so dont disrespect our leader u knucklehead

whats funny is i did write a few min ago defending Jedi and Legion but after reading Legions post a few min ago that he did "Not starting to start anything but"....man I take that back. Your not so good of fan. I would call u a ****IN idiot but then u would cry cause I cursed. Man, we just got Tony G today -this is great news and all u are is negative. TD is the man so dont disrespect our leader u knucklehead

That was yesterday man. Not today. My posts on there were I'm shutting up now and so on. Take it how you will. A fan doesn't just support his team during the offseason, they shout hard during the season for players to succeed even when they dislike them. I don't have to like this offseason at all (I have as of 2:30pm) but on Kickoff I'm right next to you cheering just as hard as you are, you wouldn't even have a clue that you're sitting right next to me.