What is the last concert you attended?

rvrndzombii

yeah. i love how they've kept the same style and sound over the years. still throw in their older cd's on occasion for the memories. ^_^

i think the song you're thinking of is "pretty fly (for a white guy)"

also wouldn't mind seeing godsmack

NO IT WAS "COME OUT AND PLAY" I THINK. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THERE WAS A BAND THER THAT NIGHT!

THEY HAD THAT "IT" THAT TRUE PROS HAVE, hard to say what it was, but I was sure they were gonna make it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most recent was incubus at the arena at gwinett a few years ago. for best show, incubus was great as was aerosmith with cheap trick opening up for them.

also saw sum 41 with the starting line, no use for a name, and 1 other group (can't think of their name) at the tabernacle. tickets were $15.00 for that show.......well worth it.

i'd love to see the offspring as well as hank williams jr.

The Tabernacle is such a great place for a show. And I'd love to see Hank Jr., too.

The most recent "concert" I have been to was Will Kimbrough playing in a little bar here in town. The guy is as good as anybody and outside of the East Nashville scene he may be a nobody. Ever get a chance...

As for the best, man, hard call. I saw so many shows especially back in the 70s that were really great...Stones, David Johansen, Santana, Muddy Waters, Johnny Winter, Lou Reed, Parliament, ABB, Gregg Allman tour in 74...Hard to beat seeing someone at a room the size of the Fox or smaller. One of the best shows I ever saw was Jason and the Nashville Scorchers opening for the circle Jerks (sucked) at 688 around 81 or so.

DONT RECALL THE LAST, BUT BEST ARE STONES 10 YRS AGO, THOSE OLD DUDES STILL KILL IT, SKYNNARD, AND OUTKAST!

BOB DILLON WAS AWFUL, JUST AWFUL....HAD FRONT ROW'S AND WE LEFT HALF WAY THROUGH THE SHOW!

Uh, why are you shouting at us? BTW, it's Bob Dylan and I have to agree. I saw him with Merle Haggard at Chastain Park 2 years ago and it was sad. Haggard was great but Dylan's voice is shot and his band was pretty lame. Howeve,r the greatest show I ever saw was Dylan and The Band at the Omni in Atlanta in '74 when he was in his prime. It was Epic.

I still enjoy going to shows but other than smaller venues like Eddies Attic in Decatur, the last show I saw was Yonder Mountain String Band at the Tabernacle.

Uh, why are you shouting at us? BTW, it's Bob Dylan and I have to agree. I saw him with Merle Haggard at Chastain Park 2 years ago and it was sad. Haggard was great but Dylan's voice is shot and his band was pretty lame. Howeve,r the greatest show I ever saw was Dylan and The Band at the Omni in Atlanta in '74 when he was in his prime. It was Epic.

I still enjoy going to shows but other than smaller venues like Eddies Attic in Decatur, the last show I saw was Yonder Mountain String Band at the Tabernacle.

I went to that show. I thought he was really good or, more specifically, his band. I saw him in B'ham around 1978. I've never just been a huge fan but I really enjoyed the Chastain show. His voice is indeed shot though.

I GOT BIG GUMS SIR!

3309715825_7f6495a909_o.jpg

I went to a Boston concert a few months ago and it was great. I never saw them when Brad was still the singer and I know I really missed out. However, Scholz is still one of the all-time greats and it was a pleasure to watch the show.

woah thats crazy, I was at the Dave Matthews show last night too. In Raleigh right? My fav. one was Franz Ferdinand, I have been too 4 of his concerts and he by far has the best shows. Going to see U2 soon, got red zone tickets for the UK and got field tickets for Raleigh in October.

woah thats crazy, I was at the Dave Matthews show last night too. In Raleigh right? My fav. one was Franz Ferdinand, I have been too 4 of his concerts and he by far has the best shows. Going to see U2 soon, got red zone tickets for the UK and got field tickets for Raleigh in October.

At the club I manage here in Chapel Hill (the Cat's Cradle) I found some schedules from the early 90's in the attic. They'd have Dave Matthews playing on a Wednesday night for $4.

I saw the Dropkick Murphys at the Oysterfest in San Francisco last year. Those guys are great live, and they somehow make everyone pound beer and whiskey. The best show I saw was probably Dave Mathews Band back in 97 or 98. Dave always puts on a good show.

I'd love to see The Dropkick Murphys live, but have never seen them anywhere near this area.

I'm sure U2 still puts on a great show, but their last two albums have been simply horrid in my opinion, their older stuff is some of the best ever made, but here lately bleh.gif

hey that's cool... yeah raleigh.... it was a bit chilly out there but it was a lot of fun

I really enjoyed the openers.. the avett brothers.....

I saw Outkast Halloween night 1996 in Atlanta. This was right after ATLiens came out. I was 4th row and they played all those songs from ATLiens and SPCM. It was awesome and also the loudest concert I've ever been to.

Who else also puts on a great show is the Black Eyed Peas. I saw them twice once before Fergie than after she joined the group. They are very entertaining.

Saw Clap Your Hands Say Yeah on Monday. It wasn't very good. No surprise.

Can't give you a favorite, but I'll try a top 5 (in no particular order).

Nine Inch Nails with Marilyn Manson, Fox Theater in Atlanta, 1994 (I think): Trent Reznor's songwriting may be a bit sophomoric and repetitive, but he puts on a **** good show. Total energy from start to finish, and he was at his creative peak back then. Marilyn Manson was a huge surprise. Excellent performance, even though I did end up getting my tooth knocked through my lip in the pit.

Pink Floyd, Bobby Dodd Stadium in Atlanta, 1993 (I think): Just awesome to see one of the all time greats, even if it was without Roger Waters. The songs, the lights, the pig...epic.

Arcade Fire, The Melkweg in Amsterdam, 2005: I had just started listening to them and was so lucky they were playing during my trip. They were pulling bigger crowds in Europe at the time, and the place was packed. The energy preceding the show was incredible, tension building until they ripped into the opening chords of Wake Up. From there on out it was just mayhem as the members of the band switched instruments nearly every song, beat on anything in sight with drum sticks, and all lifted their heads in the air to sing in chorus, whether near a microphone or not. They finished things off by leaving the stage, then coming through the front door and parting the audience playing acoustic. After a long flight, no sleep, and a brief visit to a coffeeshop, it was simply overwhelming.

Phish, Big Cypress Seminole Reservation in Florida, New Years Eve 1999: Since I can't package all the Phish shows I saw into one, I'll go with their monstrous December 31 show at Big Cypress. 85,000 people were there for the multi-day event. I met Fishman and didn't realize it until after I walked away. I think he was more shocked than I was. The song selection wasn't the greatest, the playing wasn't the tightest, but the 7 1/2 hour set that went from just before midnight to sunrise was truly something to behold.

Radiohead, Lakewood Amphitheater, 2003 (I think): I never thought Lakewood would be home to one of my favorite shows. I'd been wanting to see Radiohead for a long time and had never gotten the chance. This was on the Hail to the Thief tour, and everything about the show was classic. The set list was phenomenal, the sound even better, and the light show was breathtaking. We managed to sneak into the seats and get a spot a few rows from the back, just under the cover of the overhang. During the "rain down" part of Paranoid Android it started raining lightly. Everything came together so perfectly. To top it off, they played Creep, a live rarity.

• 2 months later...

Last concert has been a while, but it was the Project 9-6-1 Cinco De Mayo concert with Shinedown at the Tabernacle, my wife made it to the finals of the hottest senorita contest.

Favorite concert was in 2006, and was The Mars Volta at the tabernacle.

And I will add the funniest concert I've been at. Center Stage in 2008 for The Dan Band.