Chiefs-Falcons could be dancing again on Saturday ?

atljbo

Link

Chiefs-Falcons could be dancing again on Saturday...Back in March, I reported that the Chiefs could be dangling OG Brian Waters and DT Glenn Dorsey to add more picks in the draft, and today's trade between the Chiefs and Falcons, makes me believe there is more to come on Saturday. I was somewhat surprised that the Chiefs settled for a 2010 second round pick, since they've been asking for a pick, or picks for this weekends draft, which makes me believe that an agreement between Thomas Dimitroff and Scott Pioli may have already been reached for a trade that will go down on Saturday. The Falcons biggest need, is the Chiefs biggest burden at this time, and his name is Glenn Dorsey. Dorsey isn't a fit for the Chiefs new 3-4 scheme, but would be an ideal addition in the middle of the Falcons defensive line. The Chiefs didn't acquire the 2009 picks they were seeking for Tony Gonzalez, but the Falcons could help their cause in a draft-day trade on Saturday. -Al Fronczak

This could make sense........ TD may not wanted to give up his whole first day in this year's draft...... IDK..... I'm excited to see what happens

This is really getting interesting. We need a DT in the worse way and Everybody...myself included, wanted dorsey last year and this is a very strong possibility now. The question is how much would we give up? After the trade with Gonzalez, I have even more faith in TD. This is gonna be a fun Saturday :D

If ther's any truth to this story, why did we not aquire Dorsey along with Gonzo. Why wait until Saturday?

The whole Matt Cassel deal didn't get fully conceived until like 3-4 days after the initial Mike Vrabel trade. We might be looking for a possible trade down, or to see what is there at 24.

The whole Matt Cassel deal didn't get fully conceived until like 3-4 days after the initial Mike Vrabel trade. We might be looking for a possible trade down, or to see what is there at 24.

Thats very true......It started out as a Mike Vrabel trade then 2 days later it was finalized with Cassel in it

I agree that it would be a consideration depending who is avaliable at #24, however the article implies that the Chiefs accepted a 2nd next year for Gonzo as there is an agreement already in place re Dorsey.

I think it is contingent on NOT being able to trade down and he then would accept a KC deal...

I think it's going a different way. I think that if the right player is there at #24, KC will then trade Dorsey to us. It's effectively a player for player deal in that scenario where the Chiefs deal a guy who isn't a 3-4 fit for someone who is. So, what we should all be considering is potential 3-4 studs who might be available at #24.

I think it's going a different way. I think that if the right player is there at #24, KC will then trade Dorsey to us. It's effectively a player for player deal in that scenario where the Chiefs deal a guy who isn't a 3-4 fit for someone who is. So, what we should all be considering is potential 3-4 studs who might be available at #24.

Great point, I think KC would rather have their guy their at the 24th pick, rather than do the deal now and their guy not be their.

I agree that it would be a consideration depending who is avaliable at #24, however the article implies that the Chiefs accepted a 2nd next year for Gonzo as there is an agreement already in place re Dorsey.

The Vrabel trade was originally said to be just him for a 2nd rounder.

Ziggy Hood possibly?

I could live with Waters and Dorsey for the 24th- but may have to restructure Dorsey's contract....

lol? Dorsey was a top 5 pick last year and considered better than any of the DT prospects this year, which means that whatever team about to draft BJ Raji would probably be willing to trade their pick straight up for Dorsey. And considering Raji will almost certainly not be there at our pick, it makes no sense for KC to accept the 24th overall for Dorsey ALONE, let alone THEM adding more.

Get your heads our of your ***** and think with a bit of logic people.

lol? Dorsey was a top 5 pick last year and considered better than any of the DT prospects this year, which means that whatever team about to draft BJ Raji would probably be willing to trade their pick straight up for Dorsey. And considering Raji will almost certainly not be there at our pick, it makes no sense for KC to accept the 24th overall for Dorsey ALONE, let alone THEM adding more.

Get your heads our of your ***** and think with a bit of logic people.

Just Dorsey IS logical for the simple fact that he doesn't fit their system.

They need to unload him. Add ons might be illogical though.

maybe the uncapped year changes things, but I thought one reason it was so hard to trade for players in the NFL was the cap consequences of the deal - yet everyone wants to trade for Dorsey - I am guessing that would be a huge cap hit for KC if they were to trade Dorsey - and I have no idea how it would effect our cap