Matt Ryan is next year's MVP

yesmann

Matt Ryan is going to be like a kid in a candy store with Tony, White, Jenkins, Douglass, Turner, and Norwood. The only thing though is that our offensive line is not yet complete. Last year OLine was a top priority on the message board and everyone acknowledged that it take be a mullti-year commitment. Now the sentiment seems to be that the Tony G trade means we don't need offense in this year's draft. But as it stands, the only part of our offense that is not very good to elite is the line, and the line is where it all starts. We need a line like Manning has had in years past, where he would sit back and have time to pick apart the defense. If we don't upgrade the right side of the line, Ryan will not have that same luxury and he won't be able to maximize the skill position players around him. All we need is a stud right tackle and the line will be complete and the offense, unstoppable. Eben Britton in the first, maybe even Loadholt, or perhaps TD has his eye on a gem later in the draft.

Matt Ryan is going to be like a kid in a candy store with Tony, White, Jenkins, Douglass, Turner, and Norwood. The only thing though is that our offensive line is not yet complete. Last year OLine was a top priority on the message board and everyone acknowledged that it take be a mullti-year commitment. Now the sentiment seems to be that the Tony G trade means we don't need offense in this year's draft. But as it stands, the only part of our offense that is not very good to elite is the line, and the line is where it all starts. We need a line like Manning has had in years past, where he would sit back and have time to pick apart the defense. If we don't upgrade the right side of the line, Ryan will not have that same luxury and he won't be able to maximize the skill position players around him. All we need is a stud right tackle and the line will be complete and the offense, unstoppable. Eben Britton in the first, maybe even Loadholt, or perhaps TD has his eye on a gem later in the draft.

Our OL actually played really well last year, we need some depth but compared to the joke of an OL we had 2 years ago, this one is certainly a better one.

I hope we become a pass first run second team now because we have the weapons, and then pound them with Turner. Now they can't stack eight in the box because we can come up with so many wrinkles in the offense, Mike Mularkey you have your hands full now my friend make the TE your friend get him the ball.

Our OL actually played really well last year, we need some depth but compared to the joke of an OL we had 2 years ago, this one is certainly a better one.

They were solid, but they were coached up overachievers on the right side. We need a legitimate starting RT, and then Dahl and Clabo can battle it out at RG.

I hope we become a pass first run second team now because we have the weapons, and then pound them with Turner. Now they can't stack eight in the box because we can come up with so many wrinkles in the offense, Mike Mularkey you have your hands full now my friend make the TE your friend get him the ball.

Let's go No Huddle like Indy. Matty Ice can do it.

We set a franchise record for fewest sacks allowed, while being the #2 overall rushing team in the NFL while setting a franchise record for rushing TDs in a season. I fail to see how our offensive line isn't good to great. We need depth at tackle though, and that's it.

Sam Baker - Justin Blalock - Todd McClure - Harvey Dahl - Tyson Clabo

I fail to see how that line isn't well above average. We have 2-3 borderline Probowlers with a very young and promising LT, and a very strong leader at C.

We set a franchise record for fewest sacks allowed, while being the #2 overall rushing team in the NFL while setting a franchise record for rushing TDs in a season. I fail to see how our offensive line isn't good to great. We need depth at tackle though, and that's it.

I fail to see how that line isn't well above average. We have 2-3 borderline Probowlers with a very young and promising LT, and a very strong leader at C.

I think the Dahl/Clabo side could be upgraded, but the left side (sans any Baker injury issues) is a ROCK.

The right side of that line is mediocre at best. The sack stat is nice but much of that is great coaching, Ryan getting the ball out quick, and the team being a run first offense. Clabo is a mauler in the run game but nothing special in pass protection.

I think the Dahl/Clabo side could be upgraded, but the left side (sans any Baker injury issues) is a ROCK.

These are pretty much my thoughts. We're one RT away from having a complete OLine with good depth. Britt would complete this offense if he falls to 24, and then the rest of the draft can go defense.

These are pretty much my thoughts. We're one RT away from having a complete OLine with good depth. Britt would complete this offense if he falls to 24, and then the rest of the draft can go defense.

Yeah, we geat a great RT and we're set there. McClure/Dahl would be OK with those bookends.

So, I guess we're a RT away from best offense in the NFC now. That's a **** of a turn-around!