Tony Gonzalez Statement

atljbo

Link

Gonzalez has already spoken to both the Chiefs and Falcons about the deal.

"It's somewhat bittersweet," Gonzalez told FOXSports.com exclusively. "I love Kansas City. I grew up in Kansas City. The city means a lot to me. I got there when I turned 21. It will be sad to leave a city I love. But I'm looking forward to making a Super Bowl run in Atlanta every year for the next three or four years.

"With Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Roddy White and now myself, we have the chance to be in the top 5 in the league in offense every year. How could I not be excited to join that team?

didnt he say he didnt want to come to atl a while ago?

I didn't blame him either - that was before the season started last year. He knows he has about 4 good years left - he wants to be on a contending team - he's played his heart out his whole career - now he wants what every player wants - and Kansas is basically starting over. No one knew how amazing our offense was going to gel last year. Now, it's just better.

"With Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Roddy White and now myself, we have the chance to be in the top 5 in the league in offense every year. How could I not be excited to join that team?

Just looking at that quote... makes me realize that all the suffering of the '07 turned out to be one of the best things that ever happened to this franchise.

I didn't blame him either - that was before the season started last year. He knows he has about 4 good years left - he wants to be on a contending team - he's played his heart out his whole career - now he wants what every player wants - and Kansas is basically starting over. No one knew how amazing our offense was going to gel last year. Now, it's just better.

He said that in the middle of the season near the trade deadline.

If TD doesn't care that he said it I sure don't. He is a Falcon now and all I want is the man to continue producing like he has his entire career.

Sounds like they are working out a 3 to 4 year contract which makes sense for his age. The only reason Gonzalez left KC was because he wants a Superbowl ring. He has achieved everything else. Glad the Falcons turned it around since last year's proposal.

The coolest thing is how often can you watch a player live and without any doubt know he will go in to the HOF?