I'll call it now...Laurinaitis at 24

JDB2688

The pick makes too much sense to me. He's won every award possible for a linebacker, has a HIGH football IQ, and he's much more experienced than the other linebackers. Clay Matthews has less than 100 career tackles, Laurinaitis only had one SEASON that he had less than 100 tackles and that was his freshman year. I think he plays the strongside for us and inside next to Lofton in our 3-4 fronts.

Laurinaitis at 24, take it to the bank.

I really don't think he can play SLB in our scheme and i don't see us moving Lofton to SLB when he is our leader on defense as of now. However, Lauranitis is a heck of a player and would love to have a guy like that on my team. I can't see him getting past the Lions at #20 though. They are really high on him and they can get a LT at #33 like Beatty or Meredith.

The pick makes too much sense to me. He's won every award possible for a linebacker, has a HIGH football IQ, and he's much more experienced than the other linebackers. Clay Matthews has less than 100 career tackles, Laurinaitis only had one SEASON that he had less than 100 tackles and that was his freshman year. I think he plays the strongside for us and inside next to Lofton in our 3-4 fronts.

:lol: you might wanna change that sig then

I hope it isn't Lil Animal! It seems like most Ohio State defenders from the Tressel era don't live up to their lofty draft status. The exception to that is Will Smith. The only Buckeyes defensive player I want is Cam Heyward, and he isn't draft eligible until after next season.

I hope it isn't Lil Animal! It seems like most Ohio State defenders from the Tressel era don't live up to their lofty draft status. The exception to that is Will Smith. The only Buckeyes defensive player I want is Cam Heyward, and he isn't draft eligible until after next season.

AJ Hawk has been good in GB

Can someone show me a source where TD or Coach Smith said anything about playing some 3-4 defense?

What about Bobby Carpenter or Mike Doss?

Well there is 2. Every team has examples of guys who don't produce. Carpenter is still young and has never had the chance to start. Doubt he would be good anyway though. Doss was goood for a little bit. I was pissed that we drafted Bryan Scott instead of him.

Can someone show me a source where TD or Coach Smith said anything about playing some 3-4 defense?

In Tuesday’s one-on-one interview, Dimitroff acknowledged Smith’s desire to add some 3-4 sets to the team’s defense in 2009. That calls for hybrid defensive end/linebackers to rush the passer and drop into coverage.

“I think with Mike deciding to have some 3-4 in this system it’s imperative we’re cognisant of the versatility of football players,” Dimitroff said, noting the approximately 12 teams that run a 3-4 defense on the majority of snaps

From J.Mikes Blog.

We won't trade down for a pick in the 2010 draft.

I wouldn't be so sure. I could easily see the Giants or Titans trading up in front of Miami, Baltimore, and Indianapolis. All 5 teams could use a WR. That's a scenario I could see.

At 29 or 30 I still think we can get Hood or Laurinaitis, my top two. (My top relative to our position late in the first round.)

In Tuesday’s one-on-one interview, Dimitroff acknowledged Smith’s desire to add some 3-4 sets to the team’s defense in 2009. That calls for hybrid defensive end/linebackers to rush the passer and drop into coverage.

“I think with Mike deciding to have some 3-4 in this system it’s imperative we’re cognisant of the versatility of football players,” Dimitroff said, noting the approximately 12 teams that run a 3-4 defense on the majority of snaps

From J.Mikes Blog.

This makes things more interesting. Jamaal now has added value especially if he can get his game together, as does Biermann.

I think now that we could definitely take a guy like Connor Barwin who could become a great 4-3 DE and has the athleticism to play 3-4 OLB. Same reason for taking Maualuga who could thump inside with Lofton and be a SLB for us in a 4-3.

I'll go the other way, we don't even give Laurinaitis a look. He doesn't fit here with the personnel we currently have. He is not an outside linebacker. He may not even go in round 1.

thats it legion, the likelihood of taking Rey or JL now goes up massively if we are going to use some 3-4, imagine it,

Bierman, Rey, Lofton, Nicholas.

Nicks hits like a train and can blitz, as can Peterson. We all know Kroy is fast, would work nicely in some sets for sure.

I love any of the big LBs in the top, favourites definitely being Cush and JL...but i love Clay aswell. Worried about Rey's character more than the rest though, and Clay's short career.