GONZO IS A FALCON

MattM12

2nd round pick, thoughts, opinions that a hof TE is coming to finish in the ATL...

1. IMAGINE OUR OFFENSE..it is officially complete..

2. 2nd rounder, that hurts a bit, but at least it is second years, so now we can get ridiculous on defense

Our offense has soooooo many weapons. Think about it.

Ryan, Turner, Gonzales, Norwood, White, Jenkins, Douglas, Brown, Snelling. Listen, we will be unstoppable with all of our players, as long as we stay injury free, and our O-line does well. Defensive coordinators will be pulling their hair out. :D

Next year, we have comp. picks to make up for what we lost by taking Gonzales.

Great Move.... I was against it at first because of age, but this was an excellent move by TD.

Our offense still isn't finished yet. I still think we need a RT, future C, and maybe a RG. Clabo and Dahl are ok, but we need to surround Ryan with the best and plain and simple...... Clabo/Dahl is not the best.

If we trade back I want Duke Robinson and T.J. Lang

Losing next years pick was imperative. Gonzalez has 3 or 4 years. We need to fill the defensive voids as SOON AS POSSIBLE. I think that was the angle TD was looking at when he decided to give up next years.

This year isn't a great draft for the defensive side of the ball unless you are looking for a Cover 2 CB, which we are. I hope we take a few CBs this year to shore up that end, but aside from that next year's draft is loaded with talent through the 2nd round that is superior to this year's 1st round.

The problem with Gonzalez is that he will be blocking most of the time, unless Mularkey and Smith decide to change his entire game plan. So don't expect Gonzalez to put up monster numbers. When we need him to be a receiver, then it's great that we have him.

I really think it is imperative now that we trade down. The value at the top of 2nd round is unbelievable, and we can add a 2010 pick to make up for what we just gave up for Tony Gonzalez.

If TD trades down from #24 and adds a 2nd rounder and a 2010 1st, then I will declare him a GM God since this trade would then be a great value.

All of my favorite players for us that we can feasibly get (not including Aaron Maybin, Andre Smith, and Michael Oher) are 2nd rounders and beyond.

If we can come out of this draft with most of the following: Sean Smith (late 1st/early 2nd), William Moore (mid 2nd), Jairus Byrd (early/mid 3rd), Duke Robinson (late 2nd/early 3rd), Eric Wood (mid 2nd/early 3rd), or Antoine Caldwell (3rd/4th), then I'll be very happy.

I think we can get a very good OG and C this year, and then get our stud RT to finish our O-line next year with Okung, Williams, Black, Ulatoski, and Bulaga.

Next year's draft for DTs, DEs, Ss and OLBs is absurd. I won't name them all because there are too many good ones, all of which having the potential to be great in the NFL.

Firstly id like to say that i am unbelievably happy that we acquired Gonzalez... I never ever thought that he'd suit up in a falcons jersey.

Does anyone know how long the contract is for?

I think that now we have a TE that we know can be a receiving threat (look at the guys stats propperly, u'll b surprised by how impressive they actually are.) coach smith will deffinately install more pass plays for the TE...

What ways do defenses go about trying to gameplan against us next season? things will b easier for opposition obviously if we hav injuries... BUT. Lets say tony gets injured. Our game plan last year with our (not so good TE's) got us to the wildcard play offs.... not bad imo.

Matt Ryan and his sophmore slump.... lets be honest... Why wud their be so much hype about how much offs-eason work he's puting in, and how good he really is, if he was gonna have a sophmore slump. Do not get me wrong, it could happen. But I, along with most of you guys on this thread, will have to say i hvae faith in Matt Ryan.

The 2 rounder next year is gonna hurt... but im lookin forward to this season coming...

Lets just see what happens..

Good work TD

Firstly id like to say that i am unbelievably happy that we acquired Gonzalez... I never ever thought that he'd suit up in a falcons jersey.

Does anyone know how long the contract is for?

I think that now we have a TE that we know can be a receiving threat (look at the guys stats propperly, u'll b surprised by how impressive they actually are.) coach smith will deffinately install more pass plays for the TE...

What ways do defenses go about trying to gameplan against us next season? things will b easier for opposition obviously if we hav injuries... BUT. Lets say tony gets injured. Our game plan last year with our (not so good TE's) got us to the wildcard play offs.... not bad imo.

Matt Ryan and his sophmore slump.... lets be honest... Why wud their be so much hype about how much offs-eason work he's puting in, and how good he really is, if he was gonna have a sophmore slump. Do not get me wrong, it could happen. But I, along with most of you guys on this thread, will have to say i hvae faith in Matt Ryan.

The 2 rounder next year is gonna hurt... but im lookin forward to this season coming...

Lets just see what happens..

Good work TD

The only reason he'd have a sophomore slump now is because of our extremely difficult schedule. We have to play the rest of the NFC South 2x, the AFC East, and the NFC East, plus the Bears and 49ers. That is a very, very hard schedule. Top 5 hardest in the NFL.

The only reason he'd have a sophomore slump now is because of our extremely difficult schedule. We have to play the rest of the NFC South 2x, the AFC East, and the NFC East, plus the Bears and 49ers. That is a very, very hard schedule. Top 5 hardest in the NFL.

And they have to play us...as Rorschach said:

"You got it all wrong! I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!"

This year isn't a great draft for the defensive side of the ball unless you are looking for a Cover 2 CB, which we are. I hope we take a few CBs this year to shore up that end, but aside from that next year's draft is loaded with talent through the 2nd round that is superior to this year's 1st round.

The problem with Gonzalez is that he will be blocking most of the time, unless Mularkey and Smith decide to change his entire game plan. So don't expect Gonzalez to put up monster numbers. When we need him to be a receiver, then it's great that we have him.

I really think it is imperative now that we trade down. The value at the top of 2nd round is unbelievable, and we can add a 2010 pick to make up for what we just gave up for Tony Gonzalez.

If TD trades down from #24 and adds a 2nd rounder and a 2010 1st, then I will declare him a GM God since this trade would then be a great value.

All of my favorite players for us that we can feasibly get (not including Aaron Maybin, Andre Smith, and Michael Oher) are 2nd rounders and beyond.

If we can come out of this draft with most of the following: Sean Smith (late 1st/early 2nd), William Moore (mid 2nd), Jairus Byrd (early/mid 3rd), Duke Robinson (late 2nd/early 3rd), Eric Wood (mid 2nd/early 3rd), or Antoine Caldwell (3rd/4th), then I'll be very happy.

I think we can get a very good OG and C this year, and then get our stud RT to finish our O-line next year with Okung, Williams, Black, Ulatoski, and Bulaga.

Next year's draft for DTs, DEs, Ss and OLBs is absurd. I won't name them all because there are too many good ones, all of which having the potential to be great in the NFL.

The only thing that this draft is really missing that bad as far as defense is DT's. There are LB's that we can get. DB's and DE's. I don't neccesarily think we will trade back. We can get a very good LB with our first pick (JL) and we can get any of your CB's that you want with a 2nd or 3rd. We can get quality G or OT in later rds too. Vazquez in the 4th or 5th, Gardner in the 5th.

Yeah Tony's numbers will not be in the 90 range again. No way, but he will do EXACTLY what we need. That is be an awesome blocker on the line and be money in the redzone, and be good on 3rd downs. He doesn't have to post those ridiculous numbers for us to be effective. We already have White putting up numbers and Turner putting up numbers. There is no room for him to have crazy numbers too.

The only thing that this draft is really missing that bad as far as defense is DT's. There are LB's that we can get. DB's and DE's. I don't neccesarily think we will trade back. We can get a very good LB with our first pick (JL) and we can get any of your CB's that you want with a 2nd or 3rd. We can get quality G or OT in later rds too. Vazquez in the 4th or 5th, Gardner in the 5th.

Yeah Tony's numbers will not be in the 90 range again. No way, but he will do EXACTLY what we need. That is be an awesome blocker on the line and be money in the redzone, and be good on 3rd downs. He doesn't have to post those ridiculous numbers for us to be effective. We already have White putting up numbers and Turner putting up numbers. There is no room for him to have crazy numbers too.

Next year's draft, not including the RB, C, G and CB positions, is much better than this year's.

If you take out Curry the LBs don't even compare, the DEs and DTs don't comapre as it is, the Ss aren't even close, the OTs are close but 2010 is stronger, the QBs are better and deeper, and the rest depend on underclassmen declarations.

A good trade for both teams :)

As for saying next year's draft will be awesome, that's generally the consensus every year. Last year Laurinaitis/Oher/Maulauga were all the rage, and this year they've slipped down the boards.

I still think Suh and Herzlich are better than anyone this year (cept Curry) but by next year... who knows.

I don't see how any Falcon fan could honestly not like this trade.

It is impossible to overstate how huge this is for the development of our offense and Matt Ryan in particular. Gonzo is a great leader and has had 195 receptions for 2,230 yards and 15 touchdowns in the past two seasons.