Trade down

with the most recent trade I think even more that we are aiming to trade down come draft day.

Trading down would save some money, and we would acquire an extra pick (we would have the same amount as before the trade).

If we trade down to the early second and pick up and extra 3rd and possibly a really late pick, this draft could get really interesting for us

discuss

If we trade down, we better pick up picks in next years draft.

I jumped the gun a little early, I am seeing now that the trade involves only next years pick. I am loving this trade more an more. We should have several comp picks next year so it will not hurt us too bad in the long run. Now instead of worrying about TE in this draft we can focus on defense and finding some more depth along the oline.

I am stoked going into the weekend.

To be quite honest, I would've been happier if we lost this years 2nd ... next season has way more talent on our positions of need. I'd love to trade down and pick up a 2nd next year in the process (2nd this year + 2nd next year)

I do like the player, I just don't like the trade.

To be quite honest, I would've been happier if we lost this years 2nd ... next season has way more talent on our positions of need. I'd love to trade down and pick up a 2nd next year in the process (2nd this year + 2nd next year)

its much to early to be looking at next years draft. This time last year Fili Moala was the cream of the crop for this years.... nobody was talking about Raji or Curry being top 5 picks.

A LOT will happen to change next years draft around.

However, I would consider trading out of the 1st to the 2nd for a 1st round pick next year.

its much to early to be looking at next years draft. This time last year Fili Moala was the cream of the crop for this years.... nobody was talking about Raji or Curry being top 5 picks.

A LOT will happen to change next years draft around.

However, I would consider trading out of the 1st to the 2nd for a 1st round pick next year.

It depends on the team ... a weak team would have to give up 2nd + 2nd next season ... a good team 2nd + 1st next year, but I wouldn't trade down picking up only picks this season.

Things will change, but next year is so stacked that even if 50% play a terrible season, the draft will be better than this year's from a defensive standpoint.

i dont know, show some optimism, just think of our offense, we have the same strategy on draft day now, with a trade down still a great option down to the low 2nd and 3rd, we can sweep up on defense now.

I know i shouldnt be this happy considering the price...but wow, what a player, what an offense we have now

I do like the player, I just don't like the trade.

You cant really say anything about next years class. There are so many guys who were projected first rd picks in this years draft and now are not in the first rd. Moala, McCrath. You never now how it will turn out. And the sooner we can get young players in the spots we need the better. Gonzalez only has a few years left. WE need to fill the holes as quickly as possible.

Considering TDs ability to find great players outside the first round I would love to see us trade away our first for a 2 and 3/4.

The more picks you give TD the better that draft will be even if that means giving up a 1st rounder.

As for next year, I don't think we will miss the 2nd rounder at all.

We could potenitally, albeit an unlikely scenario, have 2 3rd round comps and something for Lawyer.

More like a 3rd a 4th and a 7th IMO, but still that gives us alot of flexibility come next years draft.

Get TD the picks and watch him work his magic.