We got Gonzalez

capATL

Report: Tony Gonzalez Traded To Falcons

from RealScouts

The Kansas City Chiefs have traded Pro Bowl tight end Tony Gonzalez to the Atlanta Falcons in exchange for a 2010 second-round draft pick, according to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com.

This marks the first trade between former New England Patriots colleagues Scott Pioli, the Chiefs’ General Manager, and Thomas Dimitroff, Falcons’ General Manager.

Ironically, Gonzalez rejected a trade to Atlanta last year.

Now, though, the Falcons have an established young quarterback in Matt Ryan.

Gonzalez caught 96 passes last season for 1,058 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Link

Also just reported on NFL Network.

Report: Tony Gonzalez Traded To Falcons

from RealScouts

The Kansas City Chiefs have traded Pro Bowl tight end Tony Gonzalez to the Atlanta Falcons in exchange for a 2010 second-round draft pick, according to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com.

This marks the first trade between former New England Patriots colleagues Scott Pioli, the Chiefs’ General Manager, and Thomas Dimitroff, Falcons’ General Manager.

Ironically, Gonzalez rejected a trade to Atlanta last year.

Now, though, the Falcons have an established young quarterback in Matt Ryan.

Gonzalez caught 96 passes last season for 1,058 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Link

Also just reported on NFL Network.

I like the player, I don't like the trade. I wanted us to accumulate as many 2010 draft picks as we could, not give them away. That draft is going to be really special - I think one of the best ever especially on the defensive side of the ball. This one is good, not great, at best.

I like the player, I don't like the trade. I wanted us to accumulate as many 2010 draft picks as we could, not give them away. That draft is going to be really special - I think one of the best ever especially on the defensive side of the ball. This one is good, not great, at best.

You won't care when we're picking 32nd. Seriously though, Dimitroff has given me NO reason not to trust him...this being another. I'm happy as could be for both the player and the value given up.

Agree, this is a terrible trade, I'd rather have given up this years 2nd than next years. If we don't win it all this year, I'm going to be really angry, because that's the only way this deal makes sense.

There's pretty much nothing that I hate more than giving up future picks.

I didn't originally want Gonzo, but I'm much more comfortable with it after finding out it was next year's 2nd rounder that we gave up. That pick is likely going to be in the late 2nd, plus we will have plenty of compensatory picks next year.

What makes it even better is knowing we won't draft Pettigrew now.

Agree, this is a terrible trade, I'd rather have given up this years 2nd than next years. If we don't win it all this year, I'm going to be really angry, because that's the only way this deal makes sense.

There's pretty much nothing that I hate more than giving up future picks.

It is a 2nd round pick, yall act like we are giving up a 1st next year. WE will have alot of young players with last years picks and this years pick. We dont know how those young players will pan out. :D

It is a 2nd round pick, yall act like we are giving up a 1st next year. WE will have alot of young players with last years picks and this years pick. We dont know how those young players will pan out. :D

On the defensive side, right now it looks like next year's 2nd pretty much equals this year's 1st. A lot of things can happen, but I would've been happier with this year's 2nd.