The Palins should have been in the Oval Office

backnblack

Bristol has said to the national media that she doesn't believe in abstinence teaching, yet they have put words in her mouth. This is a sad situation. Sarah Palin is no better than a Hollywood mother exploiting her daughter for her own gain. We honestly might have been worse off with McCain and Palin in the White House.

On a side note, the situation with Levi is unfortunate as well. I'm in almost the exact same situation, had my daughter my senior year in high school, was basically black-mailed into legally handing over my parental rights to her other grandparents (their rationale was for her to be on their insurance, yet her mother was an unwed teen mother, she would have gotten medicaid). They are Church of Christ, and think our family are basically heathens. It hasn't come to a legal battle yet, but it will one day. It's not going to be pretty.

Bristol has said to the national media that she doesn't believe in abstinence teaching, yet they have put words in her mouth. This is a sad situation. Sarah Palin is no better than a Hollywood mother exploiting her daughter for her own gain. We honestly might have been worse off with McCain and Palin in the White House.

On a side note, the situation with Levi is unfortunate as well. I'm in almost the exact same situation, had my daughter my senior year in high school, was basically black-mailed into legally handing over my parental rights to her other grandparents (their rationale was for her to be on their insurance, yet her mother was an unwed teen mother, she would have gotten medicaid). They are Church of Christ, and think our family are basically heathens. It hasn't come to a legal battle yet, but it will one day. It's not going to be pretty.

That stinks, blue devil. Folks act like getting custody is a burden. It's a privilege. Best of luck with it. The child needs a father--his father--in his life as much as is practicable. Sometimes the "faithful" are smug beyond belief.

That stinks, blue devil. Folks act like getting custody is a burden. It's a privilege. Best of luck with it. The child needs a father--his father--in his life as much as is practicable. Sometimes the "faithful" are smug beyond belief.

Thankfully our families get along for the moment, and I get to see my little girl as much as possible (which unfortunately has decreased dramatically since I've been in B'ham for law school, though I got to see her all the time while I was at Auburn). Even when I'm not home she stays with my parents multiple days a week every single week. Things will get interesting when her mother and I eventually get married (to other people); I doubt she and I will have any dispute over custody, but first we have to fight her parents, who act like Carly is their own daughter. It's going to get messy.