TD Just Flip-Flopped this off-season!

What appeared to be a bad off-season for the Falcons thus far has just turned into a more successful stint with the acquisition of one man!

Pro-Bowl TE Tony Gonzalez!

This trade fills numerous holes and majority of the effects will not be seen until draft day. The Falcons have a lurking hole at TE and missed out on LJ Smith this off-season which upset many fans. Tony brings a much needed veteran presence to the receiving game of this offense and his experience will pay off. The offense is now completely spread out. The opposing defense will have a hard enough time covering Roddy White, Mike Jenkins and HD and their job just got tougher with the addition of Tony.

The Falcons can now address other needs via the draft such as LB, DE, Secondary and other minor holes. What an excellent trade for the Dirty Birds!

QB - Matt Ryan

RB - Michael Turner/Jerious Norwood

FB - Ovie Mughelli

TE- Tony Gonzalez

WR1 - Roddy White

WR2 - Michael Jenkins

WR3 - Harry Douglas

I'm calling it here, #1 offense in the NFL. The only thing we can worry about on offense at this point is our depth at tackle and Todd McClure's contract status.

This is a great move in IMO we still have all our picks this yr to improve our D, and we DEF. wont get Pettigrew. How many yrs do you guys think Gonzalez still has in him?

I don't think he is a long term solution, but a short term leadership fill that allows him to mature the offense while using the next draft to build the defense. By the time TG is done, the defensive needs will be met and it will be down to fine tuning. By then a young TE will be in order.

I don't think he is a long term solution, but a short term leadership fill that allows him to mature the offense while using the next draft to build the defense. By the time TG is done, the defensive needs will be met and it will be down to fine tuning. By then a young TE will be in order.

Thats what i love about this move, because we could pick up a mid round tight end next yr and have Gonzalez show him the ropes.