Dirtybirds trade for Gonzo

joe horn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will definetly be good for them in 09, but after that will be where it gets real interesting. The guy is nearly 34 and you give up a 2nd round pick, when he will be almost 35? Idk, I guess we will have to wait and see how much he has left in the tank. But this season, he will without a doubt help the Falcons.

I just went out on a limb today saying we wouldn't do that trade? At least for what they were asking? A 2nd next year I have no problem with since it will be a late 2nd round pick for a guy of need who still has some left in the tank!

This is one of those trades where you will have to look at down the road 3-4 years from now, to see if it payed any dividends.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
I just went out on a limb today saying we wouldn't do that trade? At least for what they were asking? A 2nd next year I have no problem with since it will be a late 2nd round pick for a guy of need who still has some left in the tank!

If you all have a deep playoff year, it's a great trade. Otherwise it looks like kind of a waste. Tony's said he's only going to play another year or two. He's a terrific TE! One of the most productive in league history. I will say this though. I like OUR trade foe KWJR. a helluva lot more but if Gonzo can get you over the hump and in the Super Bowl it will have been worth next years #1 pick. :D

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
I like it because who knows what next years pick is worth anyways? If we win this year it will be a late 2nd round for a guy who put us over the hump and he will instantly give us the best TE in the division and we may even sway out that pick next year for more picks, who knows? I think its a good move!

I look at it like.......if he can catapult you all to the Super Bowl it's a brilliant move. Tony's been one of the best, most productive players at his position since tight ends became more than stand up type blockers. I can't think of anyone that has been as consistently good as he has.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
I think so far everyone is agreeing that it is a good trade...

Yep, even nola/reggie pulled his head out of his azz long enough to nod his head in agreement. :lol:

Okay, nola....................REPLUG. :lol:

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
not everyone here seem to think its that good of a trade, JB said he'd rather have kellan winslow JR over tony gonzo, thats ludacris and borderline ********. nola is knocking the pick saying he will only be good this year.

ii think we will get more years out of gonzo then any one expects because he wanted out of KC thats why he said he only wanted to play a year or 2

Whatever you say nola. :rolleyes: I said it I didn't believe it to be a good trade? You need to work on reading comprehension. :lol: I'll not bother explaining myself as I know the adults here understood what I said. -_-

not everyone here seem to think its that good of a trade, JB said he'd rather have kellan winslow JR over tony gonzo, thats ludacris and borderline ********. nola is knocking the pick saying he will only be good this year.

ii think we will get more years out of gonzo then any one expects because he wanted out of KC thats why he said he only wanted to play a year or 2

It was a good trade for the Falcons, no doubt. But it was not a great trade. Gonzo has 1 or 2 good seasons left in him, and he has already said he will only play 1 or 2 more years. This proves the Falcons are in a win now mode, IMO. If you ask me, anything short of a SB appearance the next two seasons would make this trade a disappointment. If the Falcons were looking to get better for the long haul, yall would have traded for a much younger TE, no doubt. What yall do the next 2 seasons dictates whether this is a succesful trade or not.

Whatever you say nola. :rolleyes: I said it I didn't believe it to be a good trade? You need to work on reading comprehension. :lol: I'll not bother explaining myself as I know the adults here understood what I said. -_-

How can I be logged onto 2 accounts at one time? Good one there, Sherlock.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
ha ha you said you like your move for kellan winslow JR....A HELLOVA LOT MORE? are you insane? or old age getting to ya

Kid, are you REALLY that stupid? The BUCS and Falcons are coming from two entirely different places. The Falcons are in a place with a little help on their defense they could go very deep into the playoffs. Now with the addition of a veteran like Tony G their offense should kick serious *** this season and he should help them immensely whereas the BUCS are much farther from being a Lombardy contender due to their lack of a quarterback. Thusly, a much younger, productive tight end makes much more sense for the BUCS. If the BUCS had made this same trade for Tony G. I'd be saying what a lousy trade it was because at this juncture we can't afford to get a player that may only be with us for 2 or 3 years.

Okay Junior................Lesson is over. Come back tomorrow and I'll teach you a little more but leave your bottle of dumbass pills at home. ;)

Kid, are you REALLY that stupid? The BUCS and Falcons are coming from two entirely different places. The Falcons are in a place with a little help on their defense they could go very deep into the playoffs. Now with the addition of a veteran like Tony G their offense should kick serious *** this season and he should help them immensely whereas the BUCS are much farther from being a Lombardy contender due to their lack of a quarterback. Thusly, a much younger, productive tight end makes much more sense for the BUCS. If the BUCS had made this same trade for Tony G. I'd be saying what a lousy trade it was because at this juncture we can't afford to get a player that may only be with us for 2 or 3 years.

Okay Junior................Lesson is over. Come back tomorrow and I'll teach you a little more but leave your bottle of dumbass pills at home. ;)

The Bucs need a whole lot more than a QB.

I dunno if you guys were just one TE away from a championship before this trade, but he's probably the best option you had at the position.

It does free you up to focus on D in the draft, though, which is what you'd think Smith would be eyeballing. If you nab a stud S and LB this weekend this trade becomes pretty great. Let's just hope that's not the case B)

I look at it like.......if he can catapult you all to the Super Bowl it's a brilliant move. Tony's been one of the best, most productive players at his position since tight ends became more than stand up type blockers. I can't think of anyone that has been as consistently good as he has.

he77 i just hope it gets us back to back winning seasons, we gave up nothing this yr, so now pettigrew is off the boards , means we take all defense probably in the first 4 rounds, we already had a top 5 offense, now we have added a hall of fame te, this has to be a good move i would think, looks like we are trying to make the step to the next level, our offense just got alot better, that has to be scary for every other NFC team....

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
he77 i just hope it gets us back to back winning seasons, we gave up nothing this yr, so now pettigrew is off the boards , means we take all defense probably in the first 4 rounds, we already had a top 5 offense, now we have added a hall of fame te, this has to be a good move i would think, looks like we are trying to make the step to the next level, our offense just got alot better, that has to be scary for every other NFC team....

Good points, but the aints are the only team scared of you guys. The BUCS just never will be. ;)

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
dont worry nola the saints and falcons have suffered long enough, we battled at the bottom of the division in the NFC WEST and SOUTH for years....the next 2-3 years we battle for first place.....

The saints and falcons run the NFC south now, and this is going to make brees vs ryan even more fun.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: You two lil' girls need to find another forum to play kissie face. I guess that means you go somewhere and play with yourself. :lol:

This is one of those trades where you will have to look at down the road 3-4 years from now, to see if it payed any dividends.

well, if we have a winning season, it won't matter how it looks 3-4 years from now because he will have helped us break this awful streak.

well, if we have a winning season, it won't matter how it looks 3-4 years from now because he will have helped us break this awful streak.

If it was this years draft pick I'd feel the same way, but yall basically got him for NOTHING this season.

he said he will play at least 3 more years for us. by then we'll probably have a new TE that we're grooming to take over for him. we could also reduce his role as his play declines because we were a top 6 offense last year with basically no TE threat at all. it's all on mularkey now to get him involved.

we can line him up at TE, we can line him up in the slot, we can line him out wide, we can use him in the redzone where our passing game wasn't as good. great move. i'm so happy.

i was so jealous when the saints and bucs traded for their TEs, now i feel better. :D

he said he will play at least 3 more years for us. by then we'll probably have a new TE that we're grooming to take over for him. we could also reduce his role as his play declines because we were a top 6 offense last year with basically no TE threat at all. it's all on mularkey now to get him involved.

we can line him up at TE, we can line him up in the slot, we can line him out wide, we can use him in the redzone where our passing game wasn't as good. great move. i'm so happy.

i was so jealous when the saints and bucs traded for their TEs, now i feel better. :D

I can still see yall drafting Pettigrew and letting Gonzo groom him.

first off....looks like a great trade but only if it pays dividends now. As much as people make fun of the Falcons for never having back to back seasons, that shouldnt even be a consideration right now. If you dont go deep into the playoffs the next two seasons, than the trade did nothing for you.