Will the Falcons Trade Vick on Saturday?

Wild Bill

79 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Falcons Trade Vick on Saturday?

• No - He will be cut by 6/1/2009
    • Yes - 1st Round Pick
    • Yes - 2nd Round Pick
    • Yes - 3rd Round Pick
    • Yes - 4th Round Pick
    • Yes - 5th Round Pick
    • Yes - 6th Round Pick
    • Yes - 7th Round Pick
    • Yes - Current Player/Future Picks
    • Other - See My Response Below

Could we move up from #24 by trading him?

Not with the legal issues looming. Goddell said he wanted the legal issues in order first and the "remorse" thing before is decision is made...right?

The legal thing is a "catch 22" he can't have a plan without a significant income. 10 bucks an hour is the only acceptable assurance he has..... :wacko:

OK guys read this several times if you have to:

VICK IS NOT TRADABLE, HE IS SUSPENDED AND HIS CONTRACT IS TOO BIG

No team is going to take on that contract with all of the question marks... That makes him not worth a 1st round pick, 2nd round, 3rd round, or any round. When the time is right he will be cut. There are no other realistic options...

....and we'll go on the list of creditors that he owes. <_<

Not with the legal issues looming. Goddell said he wanted the legal issues in order first and the "remorse" thing before is decision is made...right?

The legal thing is a "catch 22" he can't have a plan without a significant income. 10 bucks an hour is the only acceptable assurance he has..... :wacko:

I wasn't sure if Goodell included the bankruptcy in his legal issues or not but if he does vick will have to file chapter 7 and be done with it. There is no reorganization plan that will work without a NFL income.

To answer the OP... no. No trade on saturday. There is a remote chance of a trade after the draft for a next year pick on contingency but most if a trade is going to happen at all (doubtful) it will be after his suspension is lifted.

AGAIN FORGET ABOUT MIKE VICK, THE GUY IS STILL SUSPENDED!!!!!

Normally I would agree but Pacman was traded in anticipation of being reinstated and Vick could be too. Chances are high that he could play next year. As far as his contract being too high, I 'm not sure but wouldn't a team only have to pay his base contract since we paid the bonus. I think his base is just under 7 mil. Not sure if I'm right but it makes since to me. I hope we can trade him and TD is hoping too but I also think teams will most likely wait until we release him. It's just a thought and a hope that we can get something for him. As far as forgetting about it, we as fans should hope to better our team by getting something of value from a player that was a number one overall pick. This is actually very relevant right now. At least until the draft is over.

but there's a possibility that several teams are interested in him so they may do a trade just so he's theirs to keeps rather than risking him go to some other team. I've heard rumours about the Raiders gettin' him though. Suits their ancient stereotypical style too :P

I wasn't sure if Goodell included the bankruptcy in his legal issues or not but if he does vick will have to file chapter 7 and be done with it. There is no reorganization plan that will work without a NFL income.

To answer the OP... no. No trade on saturday. There is a remote chance of a trade after the draft for a next year pick on contingency but most if a trade is going to happen at all (doubtful) it will be after his suspension is lifted.

Tell that to the judge that didn't accept his plan. It was contingent upon earning an income in the NFL...right?

Tell that to the judge that didn't accept his plan. It was contingent upon earning an income in the NFL...right?

Well he filed for reorganization because he didn't want to lose all of his homes and boats and whatnot. This means that the creditors will be forced to wait and accept a payment plan instead of getting quicker relief from the sell of most of his assets. Unfortunately there is no way he can put together a payment plan without an NFL income. At $10 an hour owing even $2000 would be impossible to pay back because there would never be any money left over after just trying to live and he owes millions.

I am not sure who is driving this... him or his attorney but if goodell expects this issue to be cleared too he has no choice but to file for chapter 7 and just have nearly everything he owns sold, the money given to his creditors, and his debt completely wiped out.

Makes you wonder if that reality tv thing was real for a short time and people smarter than him squashed it because it would hurt his chances to get reinstated.

I am not sure what they are doing now. This is simple accounting. In order to pay millions you have to make millions. If the judge refuses to accept a nfl income it is over. It is not like he can suddenly invent something and start a business.

I bet if we do trade him it will only be for a 6th or 7th, but thats better then nothing

If he would rework his contract then we should be able to

forgive him and keep him on the team to: return punts, kickoffs,

wr, rb, wildcat qb and backup qb. He is far better than anything

we could ever get for him at this point. If he got reinstated and

played in the various capacities above for a year we could see

his value go back up to a trade-able level.

If he would rework his contract then we should be able to

forgive him and keep him on the team to: return punts, kickoffs,

wr, rb, wildcat qb and backup qb. He is far better than anything

we could ever get for him at this point. If he got reinstated and

played in the various capacities above for a year we could see

his value go back up to a trade-able level.

No thanks.

A future contigent (playing time) draft pick might be a move that could be made (to all the nay sayers). Te sooner a team signs him, the better for their PR. Maybe, they are all standing around the pool, but nobody wants to stick their toe in the water yet. Someone might jump off that fence, into the pool to lock down their future a little bit.

I hope so but I think it will be near impossible with his current contract. I guess his bonus has already been paid so really I think a team would only be responsible for around 6 or 7 mil so maybe a 4th or 5th. I hope so but teams might wait until he's a FA.

what like another 3 years ;)

obv if we cut him thats true, but couldnt we just suspend him or something?

He is in jail.

Why people think a team would trade for him on draft day without knowing his future is beyond me.

Not to mention that the Falcons will cut him so it would be smart to just sign him.

There is THAT! :lol: Not to mention the overwhelming amount of "stuff" a team would have to go through if they traded for a player in jail or fresh out of jail. Once Vick is out a year or more people will move on and forget about him... right now he's still a very sore subject for quite a few people.