Pettigrew and Michael Johnson?

I am just trying to gauge interest in these 2. I like Pettigrew but not for the falcons. We are not a team who will throw much to the tight end. Our TE's our blockers mainly and a first round pick on a TE would seem like a waste to me.

And then Michael Johnson....i just plain dont like this guy. Hes big, strong, fast but not a ball player. Hes this years vernon gholston, workout warrior and thats the end of it.

Let me know what you think.

I am just trying to gauge interest in these 2. I like Pettigrew but not for the falcons. We are not a team who will throw much to the tight end. Our TE's our blockers mainly and a first round pick on a TE would seem like a waste to me.

And then Michael Johnson....i just plain dont like this guy. Hes big, strong, fast but not a ball player. Hes this years vernon gholston, workout warrior and thats the end of it.

I am tired of arguing why we should get either of those players. there are plenty of existing threads for and against us getting either of those players. Time to just enjoy the Draft Saturday

i think we take pettigrew then its because our coaching staff plans to use him. so there for if we draft him im fine with it.

if we arent gonna throw to our TE at all in the redzone then we probally wont draft him so im fine with it.

so if we draft him im fine with it, if we dont draft him im fine with it.

That is a reasonable way to look at it. For me im just so sold that we need to draft defense after having such a good offense last year.

I agree to an extent.

I like Pettigrew, and I think he is going to be a good NFL TE. But I think the Falcons need to address the defense early. If TD was to draft BP, I wouldnt be upset, just maybe a little dissapointed. As for MJ; who knows how this dude is going to turn out. He certainly wont be a Gholston in the sense that VG was taken in the top 10 I beleive. MJ will be a late 2nd round possible early 3rd.

Pettirew is a block threat. He is also a 6'7 receiving threat. Our offense would instantly be better with him. If he is available at 24 and the LB duo of USC is gone. I think he is the best pick. Unless we can trade out.

Are you saying that he is 6'7 based on his wingspan, i think that he is actually listed at 6'5

i think we take pettigrew then its because our coaching staff plans to use him. so there for if we draft him im fine with it.

if we arent gonna throw to our TE at all in the redzone then we probally wont draft him so im fine with it.

so if we draft him im fine with it, if we dont draft him im fine with it.

^^^^^^^

this.

if we weren't going to throw to the TE we wouldn't draft him.

i agree i'm not that big on either but if i had to choose, i would pick pettigrew

although we have a bigger needs with DL, i just dont wanna risk gettin another JA98 and pettigrew is sure to be a great TE

Yall have to understand that JA98 and MJ are two different players with two different skill set, but they just happen to play the same position. MJ = pass rusher, with the potential to be a run-stopper = Star Everydown DE

JA98 = Run stopping DE, with less potential to be a Pass Rusher = Big Maybe on being an Everydown DE

Despite what everyone thinks both of these players would add value to our Team at the same position.

Yall have to understand that JA98 and MJ are two different players with two different skill set, but they just happen to play the same position. MJ = pass rusher, with the potential to be a run-stopper = Star Everydown DE

JA98 = Run stopping DE, with less potential to be a Pass Rusher = Big Maybe on being an Everydown DE

Despite what everyone thinks both of these players would add value to our Team at the same position.

the only reason for his success is that he has 2 beasts on the interior d line

with that said, JA produced much more as a pass rusher in college than MJ did.

with that said, JA produced much more as a pass rusher in college than MJ did.

Once again, JA used his strength and to get sacks, which is not didnt translate as well on the NFL level going against players that were just as strong as JA98

MJ uses his speed on the egde to get sacks, which will always oppose a threat to any NFL Tackle.

One thing I've learned over the years is every player has to be put in the right position to excel at the next level. Either one of these players could excel in the falcons program. Most guys seem to be more worried about who we are picking in round 1, I'm much more concerned about picking guys that will produce in our system whether it 1st rd pk or 6th. I've said it before and I will say it again, MOST of these first rders won't pan out in the nfl.