Fox Sports Mock Draft

JohnSp3

ugh....i would hate to see us draft pettigrew, our TE's our first and foremost blockers and that would be a waste of a first pick

i am sick of the people thinking that Pettigrew would be a bad pick...the guy is a beast and would be a solid starter and great piece to our team....he is a future pro bowler

i am sick of the people thinking that Pettigrew would be a bad pick...the guy is a beast and would be a solid starter and great piece to our team....he is a future pro bowler

There is a difference between a BAD pick and the WRONG pick. BP by no means is a BAD pick, but IMO he is not the right pick for the Falcons at the 24th spot. We need to address the defense. Like I have said before, I would not be upset with the pick, just a little dissapointed.

I personally want to draft Laurenitus. I was not high on him before, but after watching him play alot more, I think he is going to be a good NFL LB.

Dont you think if we draft him, we are drafting him with the intent of using him? We wont just take him and not use him.

I mean thats always the intent but i remember mike smith saying when he came in last year that the TE's were blockers here. I think that if we were going to use the TE in the passing game more we would have kept Crumpler. So just based on how our offense works i dont see us taking a TE early

i just dont think pettigrew is that big of a future star that we should pass on our positions of need...pettigrew is the best in a weak class of TE's and i think in a draft with some other talent at the position we would not be clamoring to pick him up...i would rather address the defensive line and OLB needs that we definately have and draft a raw athletic TE we can develop...we looked really good last year when we went 4 wide so to me TE is not something we should overspend on...not to say the guy is worthy of being a first round pick or even a good pick at our position in the draft but i just dont think its a glaring need.

I mean thats always the intent but i remember mike smith saying when he came in last year that the TE's were blockers here. I think that if we were going to use the TE in the passing game more we would have kept Crumpler. So just based on how our offense works i dont see us taking a TE early

as much as i love crump we let him go at the right time...hes knees were shot and it was time to unload that salary...the guy was a beast and a big reason for any successes we had while he was here but it was time to part ways.

At 24 its all about BPA. If all our favorite 1st rd LB's and DT's are gone, and they may very well be, and Pettigrew is there and he is the BPA take him. Look he can block and catch. He can only help our offense. He doesn't need to be Gonzalez.

At 24 its all about BPA. If all our favorite 1st rd LB's and DT's are gone, and they may very well be, and Pettigrew is there and he is the BPA take him. Look he can block and catch. He can only help our offense. He doesn't need to be Gonzalez.

Look i dont dislike the guy, i think he will be a good player. I just dont think hes the right pick for us. Also, Dimitroff has said before that hes more about getting the right players for our system than BPA.

That's not a bad mock at all.

agreed.

I really think Pettigrew will be one of those guys who are better in the pros than college. He just has too much talent. And it isnt just physical talent, he is a football player...not just an athlete.

Kruger isnt bad. He isnt elite athletically, but like Pettigrew, he is a hard nose, give it all football player. And he may never be dominant but he should be safe to contribute for many years.

I really like Chip Vaugh...and dont remember the rest of the picks off the top of my head.

yep....keep in mind, if he played in the SEC (especially for UGA), most people in here would be drooling all over themselves at the possibility of drafting Pettigrew.

For the most part i like it although i would like to see DT addressed better. If we was going late Dt then i would take 2 of them. Roy Miller in 5th and knighton in 6th. Forget the CB he's not really a need anyways.

yep....keep in mind, if he played in the SEC (especially for UGA), most people in here would be drooling all over themselves at the possibility of drafting Pettigrew.

Actually he played against UGa and did pretty well like 7 catches for 85 yards.

Not a bad mock. It addresses areas that need improvement. I dont approve of us getting Pettigrew with the first the guy is a beast!!!! If we could swap the 1st and 3rd picks, I mean address the defense with the first and grab another quality TE with the 3rd that would be ideal for me. But overall I wouldnt be mad at this mock up.