We Need to Take Advantage of Ohio

Both the Bengals and Browns have head coaches/front offices that could be in danger of losing their jobs with another bad season.

If the guy we really want isn't there at 24, what would you say to taking their high second rounder this year, and a first in 2010?

I say this because, these are teams that may be desperate enough to trade a future pick like that, thinking that if they don't do well THIS season, they won't be around to even care what happens next year.

I certainly think Marvin Lewis and Eric Mangina, along with their GM's might be willing to do it, as they both could be looking at defense early in the draft, but could also target one of the really good Wide Receivers that will still be hanging around at 24.

What do you think?

Oh, and next year's draft is insane.

Edit- Just remembered that the Bengals owner IS the GM lol.

Both the Bengals and Browns have head coaches/front offices that could be in danger of losing their jobs with another bad season.

If the guy we really want isn't there at 24, what would you say to taking their high second rounder this year, and a first in 2010?

I say this because, these are teams that may be desperate enough to trade a future pick like that, thinking that if they don't do well THIS season, they won't be around to even care what happens next year.

I certainly think Marvin Lewis and Eric Mangina, along with their GM's might be willing to do it, as they both could be looking at defense early in the draft, but could also target one of the really good Wide Receivers that will still be hanging around at 24.

What do you think?

Oh, and next year's draft is insane.

Edit- Just remembered that the Bengals owner IS the GM lol.

I Agree....i'm always down for trading down and picking up extra picks....especially next year's 1st.....that would be awesome....

I've come to the conclusion that the players I'd like to get most realistically for us are early to mid 2nd rounders. Ziggy Hood and Louis Delmas.

I wish we could trade down and know we'd get those two.

Most places have Ziggy not slipping past the Colts, which would make sense....although they need a WR as well.