I have a funny feeling about Roddy White this week

solidx

I dont know if this means anything, but did anyone else find it strange that during the NFL TA look into the Falcons war room, TD and others were talking about WR qualities they want? I have heard everyone pretty much agree that we don't need another WR since we have RW, MJ locked up, and HD who is going to be a stud. But with all of those weapons at WR, why would we draft another in the 1st round?

My only theory is that Roddy might not be in long term plans for TD. I doubt he would trade him on draft day, but if TD was to trade him, this would be the time. Before next season gets going.

Also note, i don't want Roddy gone, just stating that the footage in the war room made me suspicious. Along with the fact we havent started negotiating a long term deal with him yet.

I dont know if this means anything, but did anyone else find it strange that during the NFL TA look into the Falcons war room, TD and others were talking about WR qualities they want? I have heard everyone pretty much agree that we don't need another WR since we have RW, MJ locked up, and HD who is going to be a stud. But with all of those weapons at WR, why would we draft another in the 1st round?

My only theory is that Roddy might not be in long term plans for TD. I doubt he would trade him on draft day, but if TD was to trade him, this would be the time. Before next season gets going.

Also note, i don't want Roddy gone, just stating that the footage in the war room made me suspicious. Along with the fact we havent started negotiating a long term deal with him yet.

Were they absolutely talking first round?

Were they absolutely talking first round?

Yeh, because TD started out talking about how they wanted to focus on defense, but that if the right situation presented itself to give Ryan another weapon, they would love to add another WR. Which doesnt make sense to me seeing where we are now at WR unless they are getting a backup plan in case Roddy is gone

Yeh, because TD started out talking about how they wanted to focus on defense, but that if the right situation presented itself to give Ryan another weapon, they would love to add another WR. Which doesnt make sense to me seeing where we are now at WR unless they are getting a backup plan in case Roddy is gone

Dang.

I could see them saying TE before WR

I've thought all along that Roddy could be gone this season. The Patriots always got rid of players before they had to get paid.

It has crossed my mind. Doesn't it seem as though they are getting rid of players brought in by McKay bit by bit. I think they just like Jenkins better. This team has made a franchise of getting rid of top tier players anyways so I would not be surprised. New staff, but I've been a fan a looooong time.

I've thought all along that Roddy could be gone this season. The Patriots always got rid of players before they had to get paid.

I just can't see that, formul8tor.

I could see maybe Jenks, but Roddy plays such a huge role + the chemistry he has with Ryan

That meeting they showed just made me wonder. Jenks is locked up long term now. HD is going to be a stud and has few years left on contract. Roddy is FA after this season. He is the only receiver they would move to make room for someone else.

I just can't see that, formul8tor.

I could see maybe Jenks, but Roddy plays such a huge role + the chemistry he has with Ryan

I agree, but I could see the coaching staff relying on Ryan to make all of our receivers look good, much like Tom Brady did until Randy Moss came around.

I agree, but I could see the coaching staff relying on Ryan to make all of our receivers look good, much like Tom Brady did until Randy Moss came around.

You have a point.

That's OK for a middle or late rounder

But would it be cost-effective to choose a WR in the first round with first round money and bonuses (and who would it be?)

Would that cost less than re-upping Roddy next year--unless they're just unhappy with him overall.

I just don't see it.

Yeah, but not often were those players in their prime. TD won't overpay, but I can't see him let his best players leave in their prime unless they just want a lot more money than they are worth.

Not really

Robinson wouldn't block. It's the same reason Milner was gone. Milner looked good, but he was from the Petrino bunch. Petrino never really had plans for run plays. He picked all his players to catch. We are a run first team. We don't need those players. Sad to say, because I liked both. Crump was gone too, because he isn't a big blocker. It's what the deal is.

Sorry but Roddy White made Matt Ryan look **** good. Matt Ryan is still a BREAST! but it did seem like every 3rd down Roddy White was making a 7 or 8 yard catch to keep the drive alive when turner was stuffed the frist two (which did happen towards the end of the season).Anyway my point is there is no way that Roddy White is going anywhere. I think from everything i've heard he wants to be a falcon and Matt Ryan gave him a better year than Vick ever could. I just dont see TD shipping him off for a 1st rounder, the falcons have shown they will put up the bucks just look at Matt Ryan and Turners Salaries, not to mention Vicks 7.5 mil. will be finally leaving us when Whites contract is up

to be honest i think they were doing that to try and confuse some teams!

Not even that. Falcons fans are confused because they assume the "war room" segment was about a 1st round or 1st day pick. They might be thinking WR 5th or 6th round. We did move up in those rounds with the trade of L. Robinson.

People assume they are talking about drafting a WR day one. The segment was for TV and to show what kinda conversation goes on in a war room and also what is expected out of different members of the staff.