I'm not expecting a huge draft

michaelgee

After this completely uneventful FA season I am all but sure that TD will have no block buster deal for the Falcon's Draft.

I hope I'm wrong but I think there is no big player to draft and we have little trading power this year. I just don't see anything more standout than drafting several players with "potentiial" and there will be no Matt Ryan type signings. I'm seeing this draft as basically hopeful but mostly uneventful.

We will leave the draft with several players who will take time to develop and spend the coming season hoping that they develop.

deja vu Falcon fans!

I have yet to see a single mock draft in which we are major players. As great as TD's first draft was, this draft will all but balance the scales of success.

For whatever reasons I think the money supply has been scaled down for this year. I have never been so skeptical for a Falcon Draft but seriously, we have been given zero positive signs and absolutely no reason to believe things will change at this point. We have had 40 years of promises to hang onto, so far this season we didn't even get any promises.

After Sunday I will either be proven right or hopefully completely wrong.

You tell me, will this be a Block Buster or Flop Draft?

Guest Gritz
we will see by Sunday won't we

****-no we won't see by Sunday......

Your whole premise is extremely faulty and negative.

There's nothing in your post that makes any sense at all. It will take more than a day to tell if our draft is successful or not....but based on the job that Dimitroff did last year I would say that the odds are pretty good we will have a productive and/or "huge" draft.

Geez, what's wrong with some of you people?

There's nothing in your post that makes any sense at all. It will take more than a day to tell if our draft is successful or not....but based on the job that Dimitroff did last year I would say that the odds are pretty good we will have a productive and/or "huge" draft.

You pretty much backed up what I said...TD know what he is doing!!!

We'll see if TD knows what he's doing. He has a right to be nervous and to feel this sick. Who are we talking about drafting in the first? Delmas? Pettigrew? Cushing? What other guy has been spoken of? You know, I'm okay with some of the picks but the more I see of Delmas, JL, and Jerry I just get lost with why they are mentioned so high. Pettigrew may be a good player, but its hard for some to see the first round value in him. Most of these guys in the top 32 are late first rounders to 2nd rounders so many of us are wondering what they were thinking to let so many players get by without a contract. The Peterson signing isn't my favorite of all time. I like it less than when we signed Milloy and I wasn't too pleased then or now.

We'll see if TD knows what he's doing. He has a right to be nervous and to feel this sick. Who are we talking about drafting in the first? Delmas? Pettigrew? Cushing? What other guy has been spoken of? You know, I'm okay with some of the picks but the more I see of Delmas, JL, and Jerry I just get lost with why they are mentioned so high. Pettigrew may be a good player, but its hard for some to see the first round value in him. Most of these guys in the top 32 are late first rounders to 2nd rounders so many of us are wondering what they were thinking to let so many players get by without a contract. The Peterson signing isn't my favorite of all time. I like it less than when we signed Milloy and I wasn't too pleased then or now.

Just like when we released Crumpler last year it was a sign of the Apocalypse.

Actually, people were pretty much reacting like little schoolgirls over everyone we released last year.

I agree, it sounds as if MichealGee want us to fail so that he wont get disappointed if/when we succeed. It is pretty disappointed that he still hold on to the past this much. I can understand being a little concerned, but Gee you really sound like a Troll. :huh:

I agree, it sounds as if MichealGee want us to fail so that he wont get disappointed if/when we succeed. It is pretty disappointed that he still hold on to the past this much. I can understand being a little concerned, but Gee you really sound like a Troll. :huh:

dude, stop wiith the name calling, my point is that I just don't feel any momentum coming into the weekend. We haven't established anything but a huge needs list this spring.

If that is not accurate then show me what we have done so far? we have lost veterran players and our needs are greater than they were at the end of last season. Other than QB and RB, where do we have any kind of depth?

This will have to be the biggest draft ever to end up with any depth at all. You can't draft starters and depth, with out any FA moves our needs are bigger than our bargaining position.

TD did a great job last year but I think we stand behind the 8 ball this time.

Somebody tell me where we get starters and depth and not use any FA moves?

I love this team and want to see great things happen but somebody may have failed to launch during FA.

We will see after the draft won't we.

I'm thinking we will have to make a huge run on leftover players to get depth, we had zero depth last season and it killed us by the last game. the oline played until they all hit the wall, olinemen need backups to stay healthy. We can't get depth out of thin air.

My concerns are sound.

If we had depth last season why did we sign Marcus Pollard and Wayne Gandy?

If some of you can't understand the depth problems we have then you just don't undrstand football.

I would define Mike Peterson as a positive signing.

Also, how is drafting big potential guys not positive?

And you have a good point: since the inception of this franchise we have been given empty promises. That is why it is a breath of fresh air to have a FO and Coaching Staff that actually says less and does more...and actually is accountable for what they do promise.

I would define Mike Peterson as a positive signing.

Also, how is drafting big potential guys not positive?

And you have a good point: since the inception of this franchise we have been given empty promises. That is why it is a breath of fresh air to have a FO and Coaching Staff that actually says less and does more...and actually is accountable for what they do promise.

I guess I don't see the potential in this draft class.

Oh, yee of little faith and foresight. TD and Co. have a plan and have done their due diligence preparing for this off season. I personally was tired of always picking in the top 10-15. Funny, New England seems to be able to reload fine at the bottom of the draft, along with Tennessee and the Colts.

dude, stop wiith the name calling, my point is that I just don't feel any momentum coming into the weekend. We haven't established anything but a huge needs list this spring.

If that is not accurate then show me what we have done so far? we have lost veterran players and our needs are greater than they were at the end of last season. Other than QB and RB, where do we have any kind of depth?

This will have to be the biggest draft ever to end up with any depth at all. You can't draft starters and depth, with out any FA moves our needs are bigger than our bargaining position.

I love this team and want to see great things happen but somebody may have failed to launch during FA.

I'm thinking we will have to make a huge run on leftover players to get depth, we had zero depth last season and it killed us by the last game. the oline played until they all hit the wall, olinemen need backups to stay healthy. We can't get depth out of thin air.

My concerns are sound.

If some of you can't understand the depth problems we have then you just don't undrstand football.

Well, for one you seem to presume that NONE of the players we drafted last season that didn't see a ton of playing time will improve enough to provide depth. .and thats just for starters.

Wayne Gandy was signed because Baker got injured. Marcus Pollard was signed - and released mind you - rather quickly. Why are they even remotely relevant? We have the draft, Undrafted free agency, and other players we can sign to provide DEPTH after the draft.

Especially since after the draft all sorts of players are let go which could, say, provide depth. . .

Ahhh, don't ya just love the smell of pessimism in the morning. The euphoria of the 11-5 season is over, when we were given little to no shot of being winners, let alone a playoff team, and now the conditioned losers come out with the chickenlittle-type doom and gloom.

"We didn't get any of the people I had targeted in FA, so we're gonna suck"

"TD pulled off a miracle last year with the draft, but there's no way he can do it again"

"We won't draft anyone who is a Matt Ryan Type"

Not first rounders who did alright for themselves

Steve Smith - 3rd Round

Tom Brady - 6th round

Priest Holmes - UDFA

James Harrison - UDFA

T.O. - 3rd Round

Need I go on?

My concerns are sound.

I didnt call you any names sir, I indicated that you sounded like a Troll in regards to your post, and in my opinion you did sound like a Troll, you didnt even give one hint of positive insight into the team, you cried and whined the whole post. Everyone is sooo worried about what we did or didnt do in FA. We dont really know what our players can do that are on our Roster do we. It is not about TD, it is about our coaching staff and the comfort level they feel with the players they have on the team. I trust that we have a good group of coahces that can bring out the best in our players and plus the fact our players trust our coaches.

You pretty much backed up what I said...TD know what he is doing!!!

knee jerk reaction? I never said anything about TD not knowing what he is doing.

TD might have missed some chances to get us depth in FA, not hayneswoirth types but good quality personnell who can give us some depth on the oline. The draft is here and we need starters, when do we sign players for the depth we do not have?

I'm saying that we will be sorting through left overs and players who are discarded by teams vs signing some quality yet affordable backups.

We didn't do well in any negotiations, if we did, name them for me?

Look for Milloy to be resigned at a lesser pay scale. We simply can't draft the starters we need and not participate in signing some FA's at some point.

If you snooze you lose and all I'm saying is that we may have snoozed and let quite a few players we could have used get signed elsewhere. Now we will sort through leftover players to get depth, we need players with skills that the leftover FA's do not always possess.

Our backup oline, Matt Ryan's protection will be a group of cast off guys.

TD is betting everything on the draft and we start the draft late.

I hope he has some plan for making some kind of power moves but there is no sign of it anywhere. Is TD's poker face really this good?

Is TD that good? We will see this weekend, I hope and pray that he shows me nothing but brilliance but what he did last year was surprise a lot of people. His craftiness was an unknown in 2008, this year he will not have that stealth he used last season.

What I am saying is TD snuck up on some folks last year but he is a KNOWN entity this time around.

I'm afraid that he can't slip around this time, these NFL guys are all professionals, none of them are stupid.

I think they may have TD's strategy figured out better this time around.

The TD magic last year (from the coin flip on down) hasn't shown any place yet, I hope that it does show up.

After this completely uneventful FA season I am all but sure that TD will have no block buster deal for the Falcon's Draft.

I hope I'm wrong but I think there is no big player to draft and we have little trading power this year. I just don't see anything more standout than drafting several players with "potentiial" and there will be no Matt Ryan type signings. I'm seeing this draft as basically hopeful but mostly uneventful.

We will leave the draft with several players who will take time to develop and spend the coming season hoping that they develop.

deja vu Falcon fans!

I have yet to see a single mock draft in which we are major players. As great as TD's first draft was, this draft will all but balance the scales of success.

For whatever reasons I think the money supply has been scaled down for this year. I have never been so skeptical for a Falcon Draft but seriously, we have been given zero positive signs and absolutely no reason to believe things will change at this point. We have had 40 years of promises to hang onto, so far this season we didn't even get any promises.

After Sunday I will either be proven right or hopefully completely wrong.

You tell me, will this be a Block Buster or Flop Draft?

If you want to look at the glass as half empty, be my guest. No sweat off my back. Based on what TD did in last years draft, there is NO reason to doubt his ability to find good players.