Bam's Final Mock Draft

bam_19

I haven't done a mock in a while but I don't think a ton will change from my last one just wanted to get this out for discussion.

Round 1 - Clay Matthews - OLB - USC

Reason: We lost both our starting outside linebackers. Matthew's is a do it all linebacker that can slide into our SLB or WLB postion from day one IMO. A guy with a non stop motor who isn't afraid to work had do what ever is asked of him. Through out is career High School/College he asked played safty, stood up as a linebacker, put his and is the dirt. He is truely versatile and a great fit for our team. Plus i've been talking about him since november when I put him in the second round of my first mock and people told me i was reaching ;)

Round 2 - Ron Brace - NT - BC

Reason: We lost GRAVY. Lewis looked promising but is coming of some injuries. Brace provides us with another big body to put in the middle. Good awarness and very good run stopper, which is exactly what we need. Lots of starting experice and doesn't appear to have maxed out on his potential yet. With provide us with a good rotational guy (possible starter) from day one.

Round 3 - David Bruton - S - ND

Reason: We need saftey help Coleman and Decoud could work out but I'd rather have options. An athletically gifted Saftey who has all the tools to become a starter in the league. (finished first or second in all combine drill for for safties but bench press and 20 yard shuttle). Another player with a non stop motor (we love those guys) who provides great run support very instictual and will crete the big play. Also is a demon on special teams. Will be overly aggressive at times and hips our a bit stiff but I think he fits nicely at our SS spot and has the ability to play the FS spot if needed.

Round 4 - Donald Washington - CB - Ohio ST

Reason: We need Corner help. Very atheltically gifted corner (best verticle and broad jumps of all particpants at combine) Gifted corner who held down the other starting spot oppostive Malcom Jenkins. Is a guy who has the ability to play like a first round corner but came out before he was ready due to clashes with the coaching staff (was demoted 08). No arrests he did violate team rules however. IF he indeed has his head on straight has the potential to be a major steal. Boom or bust prospect who is definatly worth the gamble in the 4th round.

Round 5 - Garret Reynolds - RT - NC

Reason: Oline Depth - Clabo is fine at RT but doens't hurt to give a guy who was a starter 3 year starter in the ACC. Physical and aggresive, good run blocker who is technically sound. Heavy feet and lacking on athletic ability but he is a football player. Will never be a LT but could be dominate on the right side. Could surprise could be very solid depth either way worth the gamble.

Round 5 - Will Davis - DE - Illinois

Reason: Dline depth - All the physical tools to be a 2nd/3rd round guy. Good inital first step, array of pass rush moves. Undersized to be and everydown De at 6'2 260 but is a hard worker. Had a break out junior season with with 41 tackles, 12.5 TFLS, 9.5 sacks and 1FF. Production went down in senior with 59 tackles, 7 TFLS and only 3.5 sacks. Inconsistency is what's pushing him down draft boards but if he can get over that with the right coaching we could have a real steal.

Round 6 - Raphael Nguti - OT/OG - Albany

Reason: Oline Depth: Small school guy who has physical tools to develop into a solid late round pick. Huge 6'6 330, played LT in college probalby move ot right tackle in or G in pro's. Very physical good initial punch Very strong in the run game decent pass protector. Played against weaker competition and lacks great technique ( can be taught). A guy who could develop or could wash out in a couple years. Probably a candidate for the practice squad he first year get him used to the competition and speed of the nfl game.

Well there it is I look forward to comments.

Interesting Mock.

Forget about Brace in the second, he will be long gone.

You could however look at Sammie Lee Hill with this pick, or

maybe Kruger if he slides.

Bruton would be a great pick at 5a but in the 3rd is probably

over reaching. But as you have illustrated, Bruton is Big, Fast and SMART!

Probably will not last past the 4th.

Interesting Mock.

Forget about Brace in the second, he will be long gone.

You could however look at Sammie Lee Hill with this pick, or

maybe Kruger if he slides.

Bruton would be a great pick at 5a but in the 3rd is probably

over reaching. But as you have illustrated, Bruton is Big, Fast and SMART!

Probably will not last past the 4th.

Fair enough I think brace could be there, thre is always a chance since he is a one dimensional player as for Bruton i've only seen him play twice, however looking at about 10 draft sites he was rated somewhere between 2nd and 4th round so I stuck him in at 3. Kruger would be an excellent choice if Brace is no there. However i like sammie lee hill but don't want to spend anything more than a 4th on him.