any cell phone techies here?

Dago

looking to buy a new phone and these are the two i am looking at

the xda exec is about $300 with no contract

the Fuze is about $350 with a contract

the Fuze has better specs, but it seems to be mostly due to a lot more onboard memory which may not mean that much with external media cards. Their processors seem to be comparable. The exec has a much larger screen which would make it better for using with applications and a media player

http://www.htc.com/us/product/htcfuze/specification.html

http://www.gsmarena.com/o2_xda_exec-1279.php

honestly i am surprised that the xda exec which is two years old has a processor that is just as fast as the Fuze. unfortunately, both have Windows Mobile on them tho

windows 6.5 is coming out soon, so that should make you happy. i have heard the fuze touch screen is not that impressive. i would say go to youtube and check review videos. honestly you will see a lot of good stuff. also check out PhoneScoop.com

thanks.

one of my hesitations on the xda exec is that it has been out for awhile so you would figure the new phones would be better, but that just doesnt seem to be the case other than the onboard memory

onboard memory deals with running apps. it pisses me off, because i got a HTC dash and my phone is leaking memory. when i got it i had like 18000k of memory, but now even when all apps are stopped it barely has over 6000. one thing your gonna have to remember is that it will keep your apps going and unless you stop them it will be like you never left, which is cool, until run out of memory.

onboard memory deals with running apps. it pisses me off, because i got a HTC dash and my phone is leaking memory. when i got it i had like 18000k of memory, but now even when all apps are stopped it barely has over 6000. one thing your gonna have to remember is that it will keep your apps going and unless you stop them it will be like you never left, which is cool, until run out of memory.

when i had an AT&T 8525 i installed a small app to make it easy to turn off applications. did a good job

i dont know a lot about either of them but I have a friend who has a fuze and he loves it. If you are willing to spend that much why not just get a iphone?

i just prefer a hardware qwerty keyboard

when i had an AT&T 8525 i installed a small app to make it easy to turn off applications. did a good job

i just prefer a hardware qwerty keyboard

some people do some dont its pref. the phone has a system manager, but i just hate that i have to do it, because usually when i lose memory its because internet or photos are up and i wanted to exit out of them hrs ago.

some people do some dont its pref. the phone has a system manager, but i just hate that i have to do it, because usually when i lose memory its because internet or photos are up and i wanted to exit out of them hrs ago.

yes it was a pain the arse, but it was a good phone for keeping up with my personal and business info

If you can get past the qwerty keyboard, iPhone is probably your best bet. With the landscape feature being added to pretty much every application (giving the keyboard on-screen a much wider look, and making it inherently easier to use), it pretty comparable.