For the strat players

Icarus2.0

I got a Strat, but it's a Mexican strat. icey blue like the second from the bottom on the third column from the left.

I hope my Mexican Strat is a legal citizen. :(

Because I don't want it to take all the jobs American Strats are too lazy to do.

Sweet. I like the rosewood Tele third on the bottom row. I decided this past weekend that I'm just not a strat guy. The one I have now is the fourth one i have had i think and I just can't feel them. Telecaster to the core.

My favorite was the whiteguard late 50's model in the middle of the 2nd row. That's the one I see in my head when I think "Telecaster."

Looks nothing like mine, though :(

Strat vs Tele....the way I see it...at least it's a Fender.

I like them both for different reasons....but 5th position (neck) on a strat stole my heart.

My Strat is American made in Sunburst/maple like top left corner.

I usually prefer maple, but I've got a serious crush on this surf green/rosewood model

69513.JPG

Strat vs Tele....the way I see it...at least it's a Fender.

I like them both for different reasons....but 5th position (neck) on a strat stole my heart.

My Strat is American made in Sunburst/maple like top left corner.

I usually prefer maple, but I've got a serious crush on this surf green/rosewood model

69513.JPG

For some reason, I like Strats in Olympic White.

I like blonde Teles.

I prefer Goldtop or TSB PRSi, but mine is a CSB.

I've got a white mex strat. Of my three Teles two have a strat pickup in the middle to get that strat out of phase sound between neck or bridge and middle. I love it too. My problem with strats is actually what strat players probably like, i.e., the body shape. I guess I'm more used to a more sizable body as most of my playing has been on Teles, Les Pauls and 335s. The way you have to play a strat mauls my right hand where I mute on the bridge with those screw heads sticking up. I know you can mod them by grinding the bottom off short. Strats are just very unique and, IMO, easily the most famous of all electric guitars.

What is it that you like about the Tele sound? I'm willing to listen with an open mind :)

For me I like something smoother, richer, and/or fuller sounding.

You must have played some ****** Teles. Mine is extremely smooth, rich and full.

My instructor's Nash is better still. He plays straight-ahead Jazz, and it is plenty smooth for his use.

If you just live on the bridge pickup, and you like the sound of a Strat, I can see how a Tele might not work for you (for "sharper" rock, though, like AC/DC, etc., a Tele on the bridge just KILLS). But the neck pickup in my Tele is just perfect to my ears. VERY big, round and full sounding.

You must have played some ****** Teles. Mine is extremely smooth, rich and full.

My instructor's Nash is better still. He plays straight-ahead Jazz, and it is plenty smooth for his use.

If you just live on the bridge pickup, and you like the sound of a Strat, I can see how a Tele might not work for you (for "sharper" rock, though, like AC/DC, etc., a Tele on the bridge just KILLS). But the neck pickup in my Tele is just perfect to my ears. VERY big, round and full sounding.

I agree that Tele's are much more versatile than Steve is giving them credit for. I had a MIM Tele before I traded up for my American Strat. I enjoyed it and was able to get many different sounds out of it. Just not the specific ones I get out of my current axe.

Like I said before, at least it's a Fender. Something about their clean sound blows all others away IMO.

This thread makes me want to touch myself. :o The neck pickups on strats and teles are both perfect to me, in their own ways. The neck pickup on a tele isn't as distinctive as a strat neck pickup, but it is so smooth and warm. But the strat neck pickup is the holy grail for me, Hendrix, SRV, Frusciante, etc . . . The bridge pickup on teles is the perfect bridge pickup though. I have an american standard strat and the bridge pickup is just blah. I want to replace the pickups in my strat eventually, or get another strat. Mine is a 97, it has the dreaded "swimming pool" body routing. I want one with a vintage style body with the individual pickup routings and a nitro-finish, but I want a modern neck on it with 22 frets and at least a 9.5'' radius, though I'd like to try a 12''.

This thread makes me want to touch myself. :o The neck pickups on strats and teles are both perfect to me, in their own ways. The neck pickup on a tele isn't as distinctive as a strat neck pickup, but it is so smooth and warm. But the strat neck pickup is the holy grail for me, Hendrix, SRV, Frusciante, etc . . . The bridge pickup on teles is the perfect bridge pickup though. I have an american standard strat and the bridge pickup is just blah. I want to replace the pickups in my strat eventually, or get another strat. Mine is a 97, it has the dreaded "swimming pool" body routing. I want one with a vintage style body with the individual pickup routings and a nitro-finish, but I want a modern neck on it with 22 frets and at least a 9.5'' radius, though I'd like to try a 12''.

I'd love to throw in some texas specials, but I think my wife would kill me considering I'm still paying off my last project.

I'd love to throw in some texas specials, but I think my wife would kill me considering I'm still paying off my last project.

I've heard mixed reviews on texas specials, alot of people love them, but alot of people say they are harsh. I've never played any though, I'd like to. In a perfect world, I'd like to get some Lollars, Lindy Fralins, or even Duncan Antiquities. Although I've heard amazing things about the Dimarzio Area series. Dead silent, and spot on vintage tone.

I don't mean to sound harsh on the Tele's. I really don't have much experience with them. My experience is limited to picking them up at a music store, plugging them in, playing a couple of things on them, then saying "Nah..." and putting it down. Too many highs and not enough mids from what I heard for my taste. Of course it could have also had to do with the amp I plugged into, etc... I like Strats but I'd still take a PRS vs a strat. I own both a PRS and a Strat. I actually had to choose which one to use to play live and plugged each one in with the same amp, effects, etc... and decided on the PRS. More sustain and a slightly richer tone.

I've never played a Paul Reed Smith. Is it an SE, or did you take the big dive on one of the more expensive models?

I don't mean to sound harsh on the Tele's. I really don't have much experience with them. My experience is limited to picking them up at a music store, plugging them in, playing a couple of things on them, then saying "Nah..." and putting it down. Too many highs and not enough mids from what I heard for my taste. Of course it could have also had to do with the amp I plugged into, etc... I like Strats but I'd still take a PRS vs a strat. I own both a PRS and a Strat. I actually had to choose which one to use to play live and plugged each one in with the same amp, effects, etc... and decided on the PRS. More sustain and a slightly richer tone.

I love PRS's, but I've been digging single coils lately. Humbuggies just don't have that ringing clean tone that I love. Although I've never cranked my les paul up through a full marshall stack, that could change my mind :lol:

I love PRS's, but I've been digging single coils lately. Humbuggies just don't have that ringing clean tone that I love. Although I've never cranked my les paul up through a full marshall stack, that could change my mind :lol:

There is always a three single coil PRS

2051PRSSE.JPG

but we all know it will never be the same.