Which player will the Falcons select at #24?

theProf

Which player will the Falcons select at pick #24  

91 members have voted

1. 1. assuming all the following players are still available:

• Brandon Pettigrew
    • Clay Matthews
    • James Larinaitis
    • Ziggy Hood
    • Larry English
    • Vontae Davis
    • Darius Butler
    • Alphonso Smith
    • Louis Delmas
    • Eben Britton
    • Alex Mack
    • Eric Wood
    • Connor Barwin
    • Michael Johnson
    • Clint Sintim
    • William Moore
    • No one at #24. Atlanta will trade down.
    • No one at #24. Atlanta will trade up.

I can't choose. If Cushing were listed, I could. But I can't choose between all of those. I like a lot of them.

Gosselin had Cushing going off the board at #19. The Falcons liked all of these listed players also, as everyone of them has been in a private workout/visit with the Falcons, except one. The only exception is Vontae Davis, who is said to be slipping down the various draft boards.

I didnt vote, because I really cant pick who I even want, much less who we would pick. It comes down 4 me 2:

Ziggy

BP

Butler

Barwin

MJ

Sintim

I'd be estatic wit any of them.

You only have ten minutes on the clock. You've got to select one and only one player, or you'll lose your pick #. :D

He won't drop that far, but VONTAE could not be passed up. I think we trade down for another second rounder.................................

Good idea about a possible trade-down scenario. Therefore, I edited the poll options to include a trade-down.

Well i voted, wasnt that hard for me. :D

Michael Johnson all the way, Abe will really appreciate that pick :lol:

I kind of thought you might go with MJ. :P Michael Johnson will be one of the most interesting players to watch on draft day. Mock drafts have him being selected all over the place. Walterfootball's latest mock has MJ going at #7 to Oakland. Scott Wright of draftcountdown has him going at #19. However, other mocksters have MJ going early, middle, and late in the second round, and a few even have him being selected early in the third round.

I cast my vote for Clay Matthews. I like everything about Mathews, from his bloodlines to his tremendous determination and work ethic. He could be a starting OLB from the very first of the season. Mathews should also improve the Falcons pass rush being that he had 4.5 sacks last season and has played some DE at USC. From a scouting report: “he tested as well as any linebacker at the combine. At the Southern Cal pro day, Matthews' ability to move in space and catch the ball wowed scouts. Some teams believe he could be the best USC linebacker in this draft” Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFL Draft Scout. From another scouting report as follows:

Strengths: Active with a non-stop motor...Great strength...Excellent pass rusher and blitzer...Super intense and competitive...Very tough...Extremely versatile...Good range and flies around the field...Solid instincts...Does a fantastic job in pursuit...Outstanding special teamer...Has a knack for making impact plays...Smart with a great football IQ...Has an incomparable work ethic ... Still has upside ... Phenomenal bloodlines.

Poll has been up for 7 hours now. English (18.6%) hold a slight lead over Hood (16.8%), Matthews (14.0%), and Larinaitis (11.6%). Pettigrew finally got some votes, but he is still less than 5%. A trade-down is tied for the second most votes at 16.8%.