Philly vs Atlanta

McMVP

The buzz about the Chiefs resuming their attempts to trade veteran tight end Tony Gonzalez has re-started, and it sounds as if the Eagles might have nosed ahead of the Falcons as the most likely trade partner. Philly is thought to be willing to give up a third-rounder for Gonzalez. But Kansas City is seeking at least a second-round pick for a player it considers a future Hall of Famer, and may not be willing to bear the brunt of any criticism that could come if it's perceived to have given away Gonzalez too cheaply.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...22/snaps/1.html

May be a case of creating competition so that one team will up the ante.....hope we don't bite.

Perhaps - but I have a feeling there could be a bit of fire under this smoke. The Eagles tried to trade for Gonzo before the deadline last year.

The Falcons trade down in the first and pick up 2 second round picks. Now with three 2nd round picks they trade one for Gonzo. :P

Not a bad plan. Could work for the Eagles too. And our 21 should return more than your 24 (I think it's 24)

Not a bad plan. Could work for the Eagles too. And our 21 should return more than your 24 (I think it's 24)

The Eagles have always been good throughout the years in trading down. But you all have so many picks this year (12 I think). Would seem unlikely IMO for you all to trade down and get more this year. Can't put them all on the 53 man roster.

The Eagles have always been good throughout the years in trading down. But you all have so many picks this year (12 I think). Would seem unlikely IMO for you all to trade down and get more this year. Can't put them all on the 53 man roster.

True - but the popular thought is that they are going to be using their 4 5th rounders to move back up.

i wouldn't bother nothing more than a third

I'd throw in one of our 5ths. Like I said, we have 4 of them already.

If Philly trades for Gonzo, then they will not take Pettigrew in the first round. I may have to revamp my Falcon Mock.

The Eagles are going RB or CB in the first I think

True - but the popular thought is that they are going to be using their 4 5th rounders to move back up.

Well they certainly have the ammo to do that. When are you all getting a #1 type receiver for McNabb? I know the Boldin rumors have been out there...

Well they certainly have the ammo to do that. When are you all getting a #1 type receiver for McNabb? I know the Boldin rumors have been out there...

I think adding Gonzo would do more for this offense than adding Boldin. Of course Boldin would be here longer than Gonzo.

I think DeSean Jackson will eventually become that guy for McNabb. He needs a serious threat in the middle of the field to really excel (one besides Westbrook).

But sure, I'd love to have Boldin. Just don't see that as realistic as Gonzo. Plus it would cost more in terms of picks and money.

I tell ya what. I'd be willing to back out of the Gonzo talks and let Philly have him, as long as I could convince Philly to trade me their 4 5th rounders for my 3rd rounder.

Draft value chart wise my 3rd rounder is rated at 140 points, and your 4 5th rounders are equal to 135.8 points. I'm even leaving value on the table. :mellow:

I tell ya what. I'd be willing to back out of the Gonzo talks and let Philly have him, as long as I could convince Philly to trade me their 4 5th rounders for my 3rd rounder.

Draft value chart wise my 3rd rounder is rated at 140 points, and your 4 5th rounders are equal to 135.8 points. I'm even leaving value on the table. :mellow:

No doubt you would :lol:

The Eagles luv them sum 5th rounders.

One or more of them will be dealt between now and Sunday....but no, not all 4 for a 3rd

There's a lot of players that will be available in the 5th, and that would have given us 6 5th rounders. That's how you build a hellacious draft. :D

Very true - there is extreme value there is your scouting dept is on their game.

Just recently (last 10 years or so) the Eagles have got Brent Celek, Omar Gaither, Scott Young, A.J. Feeley, Trent Cole, and Ike Reese in the 5th....

The buzz about the Chiefs resuming their attempts to trade veteran tight end Tony Gonzalez has re-started, and it sounds as if the Eagles might have nosed ahead of the Falcons as the most likely trade partner. Philly is thought to be willing to give up a third-rounder for Gonzalez. But Kansas City is seeking at least a second-round pick for a player it considers a future Hall of Famer, and may not be willing to bear the brunt of any criticism that could come if it's perceived to have given away Gonzalez too cheaply.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...22/snaps/1.html

makes a whole lot more sense for y'all than for us. mcnabb would love that.

then again, pettigrew makes more sense for the iggles than for the falcons, too.

pettigrew would be great because his blocking could help y'all to finally have a real running game. well, at least off tackle. but truth be told, andy's not gonna call the game in a way that justifies taking a non-game breaking TE in the first round. but better y'all than us, since i see dude as a better catching justin peele or ben hartsock.

gonzo would be a GREAT deal for y'all. you have the picks to spare (a second or a third and change *should* do it). that would help your passing game immensely (you still need another GOOD wr).

between the two of them, i hope we get neither, but i'd rather have gonzales than pettigrew.

y'all can have both if you want.

Philly can have him......if KC is asking for a 1st for him....no thanks....i don't even think he's worth a 2nd....maybe if he was 2-3 yrs. younger....but at his age now...i don't think so.......i'd rather draft pettigrew with our 1st then to trade for gonzo......at least pettigrew will be here longer....