This Woman Has GOT To Go....

octoslash

Wouldn't you think that, when interviewing for a position such as Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, the most basic question would revolve around illegal border crossing? I mean, just to make sure the person doesn't make a complete azz of themself on CNN or something? Wouldn't you think that?

I sure would.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0904/19/sotu.01.html

NAPOLITANO: Well, you know, Sheriff Joe, he is being very political in that statement, because he knows that there aren't enough law enforcement officers, courtrooms or jail cells in the world to do what he is saying.

What we have to do is target the real evil-doers in this business, the employers who consistently hire illegal labor, the human traffickers who are exploiting human misery.

And yes, when we find illegal workers, yes, appropriate action, some of which is criminal, most of that is civil, because crossing the border is not a crime per se. It is civil. But anyway, going after those as well.

It's not illegal to cross the border.... If you have a passport or work visa and go through security checks. Maybe that's what she meant by "per se". :P

And why did you leave off the rest of the quote?! I think it's the most important part...

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like, such as and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children.

Wow! Between her ignorance of law and left-wing bashing of Vets, she should be asked to join the rest of America in the long, long unemployment lines. I will give her credit for understanding that the worst violaters are not poor mexicans crossing our border, looking for work, but the greedy employers who employ illegal aliens just so they can make extra profit for themselves. I've advocated for years for our government to drop the hammer on employers.

More hyperbole. smh...

Dude, what are you tryin to prove? How little you understand the English language?This is hyperbole

"My sister uses so much makeup,...

"she broke a chisel trying to get it off last night!" Johnny, from Prescott Middle School, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA

"she bought out Mary Kay just to have enough makeup for one day!" Andrea, from somewhere in South Dakota

"Marilyn Manson freaked out when he saw her!" Nizam, from Bukit Panjang Gov't H. S., Singapore

"when she takes it off, my mom doesn't recognize her." Ashley, from Knoxville, Tennessee

"she has to use a sandblaster to get it off at night." Margaret

"that I haven't seen her real face for years ..." Nivedita

"when she smiles her cheeks fall off." Ed

"she leaves a colour trail behind her when she walks!" Grant K.

"you can't tell where the face begins and ends!" Cara K.

Now if I had written; Napolitano is so ignorant she makes logic look brillant. Your response would not have been pitiful, but I didn't write that did I?

There are several uses of the word. I believe Logic was referring to this one:

hy⋅per⋅bo⋅le

   

1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.

So in that sense, his usage was correct. The statement "left-wing bashing of Vets" was an obvious and intentional exaggeration. I'm afraid you're the one who doesn't understand the English language. Perhaps you shouldn't limit your scope of knowledge to wikipedia.

hy⋅per⋅bo⋅le

   

So in that sense, his usage was correct. The statement "left-wing bashing of Vets" was an obvious and intentional exaggeration. I'm afraid you're the one who doesn't understand the English language. Perhaps you shouldn't limit you scope of knowledge to wikipedia.

:lol:

Thanks Swami.....

hy⋅per⋅bo⋅le

   

So in that sense, his usage was correct. The statement "left-wing bashing of Vets" was an obvious and intentional exaggeration. I'm afraid you're the one who doesn't understand the English language. Perhaps you shouldn't limit your scope of knowledge to wikipedia.

Beautiful.

Wouldn't you think that, when interviewing for a position such as Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, the most basic question would revolve around illegal border crossing? I mean, just to make sure the person doesn't make a complete azz of themself on CNN or something? Wouldn't you think that?

I sure would.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0904/19/sotu.01.html

NAPOLITANO: Well, you know, Sheriff Joe, he is being very political in that statement, because he knows that there aren't enough law enforcement officers, courtrooms or jail cells in the world to do what he is saying.

What we have to do is target the real evil-doers in this business, the employers who consistently hire illegal labor, the human traffickers who are exploiting human misery.

And yes, when we find illegal workers, yes, appropriate action, some of which is criminal, most of that is civil, because crossing the border is not a crime per se. It is civil. But anyway, going after those as well.

I have no problem saying this lady is an idiot and her hiring was idiocy.

I don't know why she said it, but the statement is correct.

per se, means: in itself or intrinsic. So she is right. Crossing the border is not a crime, per se.

I think what she was referring to was people who cross the border legally and don't go back. That is why she brought the people who hire illegal workers, people who should have already returned. But, she also brought up traffickers, which is illegal.

I don't know why she said it, I would like to see the interview. I think you may be reaching a little octo, because using the term "per se" makes that statement factual. Crossing the border isn't illegal.

What up Swam, I see you've stepped into a battle of wits to defend an unarmed man, how honorable.

1. The left-wing is representative by the Democratic party in America.

2. Napolitano is a former Democratic governor and long time Democratic activist.

Using the term left wing is accurate and not an exaggeration

3. Bashing is a word used to describe harsh criticism

4. Napolitano singled out veterans as an inherent threat to homeland security. Could anyone say anything more insulting to returning Veterans than tell than "thanks for fighting for your country, now that your back we're going to keep an eye on you because one time, ONE TIME a vet used a bomb."

Using the word bashing is very appropriate for her past position and again not an exaggeration.

To claim my statement represents hyperbole is completely inaccurate, thus your response is a complete and utter failure.

Have a nice day, come again :lol:

Please don't waste my time unless you have FACTS to back up your insipid arguments instead of getting your intel second and third hand through the right wing blogosphere. Show me any, ANY quote from Napalitano where she said ANYTHING disparaging about our vets. In fact she apologized to veteran groups who were offended by the DNS report, which she did not personally author. By the way, here's the language from the actual report:

DHS/I&A assesses that rightwing extremists will attempt to recruit and

radicalize returning veterans in order to exploit their skills and knowledge derived from

military training and combat. These skills and knowledge have the potential to boost the

capabilities of extremists—including lone wolves or small terrorist cells—to carry out

violence. The willingness of a small percentage of military personnel to join extremist

groups during the 1990s because they were disgruntled, disillusioned, or suffering from

the psychological effects of war is being replicated today.

— After Operation Desert Shield/Storm in 1990-1991, some returning military

veterans—including Timothy McVeigh—joined or associated with rightwing

extremist groups.

— A prominent civil rights organization reported in 2006 that “large numbers

of potentially violent neo-Nazis, skinheads, and other white supremacists are now

learning the art of warfare in the [u.S.] armed forces.”

— The FBI noted in a 2008 report on the white supremacist movement

that some returning military veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have

joined extremist groups.

The report itself is in no way critical of vets in general but points out that from past experience a small percentage may indeed pose a threat to national security. Would you like the government to just ignore facts like those until another McVeigh comes along?

People apologize when they make a mistake. You're actually going to keep trying to prove she said nothing wrong, nothing disparaging? Next you'll be defending General Motors, quoting some magazine article exposing the quality of their vehicles. You're closing statement regarding McVeigh shows you're into the whole left-wing conspiracy weirdo crap. Let me guess, our government bombed the twin towers, the moon landing was fake, and the CIA invented crack to destroy the black community?

BTW, I have equal disdain and disgust for right-wing extremism (fascism) as I do for left-wing loons like you.

dAMNED!!! :lol::lol:

People apologize when they make a mistake. You're actually going to keep trying to prove she said nothing wrong, nothing disparaging? Next you'll be defending General Motors, quoting some magazine article exposing the quality of their vehicles. You're closing statement regarding McVeigh shows you're into the whole left-wing conspiracy weirdo crap. Let me guess, our government bombed the twin towers, the moon landing was fake, and the CIA invented crack to destroy the black community?

BTW, I have equal disdain and disgust for right-wing extremism (fascism) as I do for left-wing loons like you.

Dude, seriously, WTF are you talking about? Just how high are you? I'm still waiting for the freakin' quote where Napolitano said those horrible things about our Vets. I've given you over 24 hours to Google it. Put up or shut up.