Hawks/Cav's?

Bucketga81

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to get too far ahead of myself but I think the Hawks match up well with the Cavs..it depends on which J Smoove and which Mike Bibby come to play ( I feel like I can trust Joe to get his 18-24 even if it does come with a low shooting percentage)..with Marvo back I like the matchups even more..put someone with adequate size on Lebron on the perimeter.

I hope the Hawks don't make the mistake of looking ahead to the Cavs. Make no mistake about it, the Cavs are the beast in the east this year and I'm hoping that we can at least come out against them like we did the Celtics last year. With that said, the Heat are better than what we played on Sunday night and I expect them to come out swinging tonight. Hopefully the Hawks stay focus and get the win tonight.

I hope the Hawks don't make the mistake of looking ahead to the Cavs. Make no mistake about it, the Cavs are the beast in the east this year and I'm hoping that we can at least come out against them like we did the Celtics last year. With that said, the Heat are better than what we played on Sunday night and I expect them to come out swinging tonight. Hopefully the Hawks stay focus and get the win tonight.

Let's hope.

IMO, the Hawks can push the Cavs and might be able to win a home game or two against them, but right now Cleveland looks like a team on a mission.

I don't think ol' Dave Stern will allow that to happen. Especially with teams struggling so much financially. He NEEDS a Kobe v LeBron finals. I predict that Josh will get 3 quick fouls in the first quarter of every game, for breathing in the direction of "THE KING". Thus, being forced to the bench and A Bron-Bron dunkfest will ensue. Joe will get physically abused and the refs will turn a blind eye. Perhaps even "T" up a few Hawks to shut them up. All we can hope for is that ZaZa slaps the **** outta somebody. Then all the talking heads will say that the Heat woulda matched up better and the Hawks are trash. Blah, Blah, Blah.

Let the church say "Amen"

Everybody KNOWS the fix in in!!!

I don't think ol' Dave Stern will allow that to happen. Especially with teams struggling so much financially. He NEEDS a Kobe v LeBron finals. I predict that Josh will get 3 quick fouls in the first quarter of every game, for breathing in the direction of "THE KING". Thus, being forced to the bench and A Bron-Bron dunkfest will ensue. Joe will get physically abused and the refs will turn a blind eye. Perhaps even "T" up a few Hawks to shut them up. All we can hope for is that ZaZa slaps the **** outta somebody. Then all the talking heads will say that the Heat woulda matched up better and the Hawks are trash. Blah, Blah, Blah.

Yeah that sounds about right.

Let the church say "Amen"

Everybody KNOWS the fix in in!!!

dude last year peirce and marvin stepped on the court when a fight was almost going down. they were even saying that they might get suspended on game for that stuff, but no. KG pushed a freaking ref and they said that if you touch a ref let alone push, then you get one game, but nothing on either of them. seriously tim was correct in some of these games are fixed.

KG got his ring too!!!! ;) The NBA is rigged!!!

dude last year peirce and marvin stepped on the court when a fight was almost going down. they were even saying that they might get suspended on game for that stuff, but no. KG pushed a freaking ref and they said that if you touch a ref let alone push, then you get one game, but nothing on either of them. seriously tim was correct in some of these games are fixed.

You have to figure there was no way only one ref was fixing games, he had to have help. Heck think back to the Kings vs. Lakers playoff match up from a few years back. It was clear there was a screw job going on.

You have to figure there was no way only one ref was fixing games, he had to have help. Heck think back to the Kings vs. Lakers playoff match up from a few years back. It was clear there was a screw job going on.

i agree i think it is the NBA. like its become obvious who is gonna be in the finals. lebron vs kobe would just bring people, but honestly i think an unknown team like the hawks vs kobe and the lakers would bring more people.

name=\'bigFLIP10\' date=\'Apr 22 2009, 10:44 AM\' post=\'4657552\']

I don\'t think ol\' Dave Stern will allow that to happen. Especially with teams struggling so much financially. He NEEDS a Kobe v LeBron finals. I predict that Josh will get 3 quick fouls in the first quarter of every game, for breathing in the direction of \"THE KING\". Thus, being forced to the bench and A Bron-Bron dunkfest will ensue. Joe will get physically abused and the refs will turn a blind eye. Perhaps even \"T\" up a few Hawks to shut them up. All we can hope for is that ZaZa slaps the **** outta somebody. Then all the talking heads will say that the Heat woulda matched up better and the Hawks are trash. Blah, Blah, Blah.

loL@ the conspiracy theorists

I'll admit that I haven't watched an NBA game since the Hawks had Steve Smith and Kevin Willis, but after reading this post, it sounds like nothing has changed. Sounds like James is now "the Jordan" of the NBA which means he gets the 3 foot rule. Get within 3 feet of him and the refs will call a foul. I gave up on the NBA after seeing the Hawks get jobbed out of the playoffs yearly by the Bulls A.K.A "The NBA Meal Ticket" in those days...

I'll admit that I haven't watched an NBA game since the Hawks had Steve Smith and Kevin Willis, but after reading this post, it sounds like nothing has changed. Sounds like James is now "the Jordan" of the NBA which means he gets the 3 foot rule. Get within 3 feet of him and the refs will call a foul. I gave up on the NBA after seeing the Hawks get jobbed out of the playoffs yearly by the Bulls A.K.A "The NBA Meal Ticket" in those days...

nothing has changed. its all about ratings. it is easier in a sport with no instant replay. its not like its obvious calls, but the quetionable calls which are usually the calls. if it can go both ways, then they will give it to the higher team.

if the hawks could play at home like they have the last two years they have a shot. all they'd have to do is steal a game in cleveland, which isn't impossible. the pistons almost did it yesterday.

it would be tough though.

Cleveland **** near empty the bench when they made that come back.

People kill me with this and that sport is rigged most of which have never played the sport competitively or have never been a referee. The NBA is not rigged do referees miss calls yes but ask any referee that has called at least 3 years and they will tell you that you can call a foul on almost every play, do stars get the benefit of the doubt in most cases of course they do, but referees don't and can't decide the outcome of the game period. The NBA nor is any other sport rigged.