Daniel Miller

wreck02

I just heard that Daniel Miller has been released from his LOI at UGA and is now coming to Tech.

This makes Tech's class:

Derrick Favors

Mfon Udofia

Glen Rice, Jr

Kammeon Holsey

Brian Oliver

Daniel Miller

My info is coming straight from some guys at Tech but we have had sure things before that changed at the last second.

Anyone else got any info on this?

that's been the rumor for a week now.. it was made official earlier today that he was released.. nothing official regarding him coming to tech, but that's what the rumor has been regarding this. this came out a day after an article where daniel miller said he was all dawg and would be in athens and was excited about it.. something changed overnight regarding this situation.. his dad is supposed to be talking with someone on another site for an interview or some comments, but Mark Fox agreed they should go their separate ways and totally released him so he could go elsewhere without sitting out.

from a uga perspective a lot of dawg fans are happy that we won't be using a scholarship on miller. he was a very controversial pickup because many have seen him play AAU and at the christian school he plays with and were not very impressed with him and didn't feel he was worth an scholly. He is a typical felton recruit and that's not a good thing. I don't agree with all of that, but i haven't seen him in person so I don't truly know just how good he is or isn't. I also find it hard to believe Hewitt would use a scholly on him with that talent they have over there right now with GT. I hope the best for him and where ever he ends up unless he plays us of course. :)

that's been the rumor for a week now.. it was made official earlier today that he was released.. nothing official regarding him coming to tech, but that's what the rumor has been regarding this. this came out a day after an article where daniel miller said he was all dawg and would be in athens and was excited about it.. something changed overnight regarding this situation.. his dad is supposed to be talking with someone on another site for an interview or some comments, but Mark Fox agreed they should go their separate ways and totally released him so he could go elsewhere without sitting out.

from a uga perspective a lot of dawg fans are happy that we won't be using a scholarship on miller. he was a very controversial pickup because many have seen him play AAU and at the christian school he plays with and were not very impressed with him and didn't feel he was worth an scholly. He is a typical felton recruit and that's not a good thing. I don't agree with all of that, but i haven't seen him in person so I don't truly know just how good he is or isn't. I also find it hard to believe Hewitt would use a scholly on him with that talent they have over there right now with GT. I hope the best for him and where ever he ends up unless he plays us of course. :)

Yeah I heard this a couple days ago but have just gotten permission to talk about it. My buddy said its not a done deal but that its very likely that he comes to Tech.

I remember Dawg fans talking him up when he committed but obviously my range of UGA info is limited. ESPN seems to think highly of him by putting him in their top 100 and being a 3 star on both sites isn't too bad. What I have heard regarding Hewitt allowing him a scholly is that it kind of fell in his lap and he was willing to give it a chance if he chose to come to Tech. There is a chance Gani is gone this year, Favors is one and done, and Peacock is a senior. That leaves us with Holsey and Sheehan after next year with no real big man recruits for 2010. Miller would be a nice addition as he gives us another big body to plug in. He is less of a project than Sheehan was.

I guess we will see if he pans out.

Yeah I heard this a couple days ago but have just gotten permission to talk about it. My buddy said its not a done deal but that its very likely that he comes to Tech.

I remember Dawg fans talking him up when he committed but obviously my range of UGA info is limited. ESPN seems to think highly of him by putting him in their top 100 and being a 3 star on both sites isn't too bad. What I have heard regarding Hewitt allowing him a scholly is that it kind of fell in his lap and he was willing to give it a chance if he chose to come to Tech. There is a chance Gani is gone this year, Favors is one and done, and Peacock is a senior. That leaves us with Holsey and Sheehan after next year with no real big man recruits for 2010. Miller would be a nice addition as he gives us another big body to plug in. He is less of a project than Sheehan was.

The sites I go to that have guys who are really in the know (they have either worked in AAU or are still involved in AAU and a few guys coach at a few of the christian colleges who coached against miller) were not happy and some were bashing felton for offering him a scholly. I heard the comments "He is a typical felton recruit." Some guys like myself think he has some upside and frankly we were hurting for commits and I was happy we got a kid who is a road grader who has some upside. Hewitt could see a kid in miller with potential, but someone he knows will be there for all 4 years and that is something he hasn't had with a lot of the kids he is bringing in.. Like I said where ever he goes I hope he does well. He is a good kid.

oh gawd, i cringe everytime i see sheehan on the court. dude needs to work on his footwork and being more fluid out there. he doesn't even seem like he fits in at all with what tech wants to do.

im going to miss having peacock after this year, although hopefully the guy that eventually replaces him takes less ill-advised jumpshots

oh gawd, i cringe everytime i see sheehan on the court. dude needs to work on his footwork and being more fluid out there. he doesn't even seem like he fits in at all with what tech wants to do.

im going to miss having peacock after this year, although hopefully the guy that eventually replaces him takes less ill-advised jumpshots

That's the problem. He DOESN'T fit what we want to do. Half the team the last 2 years hasn't fit what Hewitt wanted to do. He needs to recruit for his system or change it.

Peacock is a quality bball player but you are right about the jump shots. He can shoot but not like a guard which he sometimes has the mindset of.

EDIT: It's official