A-TowN's Final Mock Draft 4/22**

A-TowN.-

As of now, we need a..

1. Secondary that can cover and create turnovers so our offense can get on the feild more often. They need to be able to help out in the run and disrupt the passing game.

2. Linebackers that can hit hard and make an impact versus the run, but at the same time, being light on their feet and being able to cover.

3. Defensive line that will be like a brick wall versus the run, but can collapse the pocket during passing downs.

4. OT and possibly OC that can contribute in the run and watch Matt Ryan's back.

5. TE that can split the middle of the defense on passing downs to be another threat for Matt Ryan.

I made this draft based on who we've talked to. Not going to base it entirely off the list though.

2009 NFL Draft:

With the 24th pick on the NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select...

1: Larry English, DE/OLB NIU - When you look at this guy on tape, you notice how fast his first step is. He is a fast, aggressive DE/OLB that we need to have aside from John Abraham. Speaking of which, this guy reminds a lot of how John Abraham plays. He can learn from Abraham, and one day take over for him. He is a tough player and I think he will be a contestant for DROY. His production is fantastic, 212 tackles, 57 TFL, 32.5 sacks, and 8 FF.

2. Rashad Johnson, S Alabama - Obviously, this is my favorite prospect. As I said in tons and tons of threads, he is the perfect cover safety for our team. He plays deep and helps out on long routes for the corner backs. He is a very interchangeable safety and has the smarts to do so as well. He is a student of the game and has great instincts. He knows how to take angles to cut off the balls route for a big play. Like I've said tons and tons of times. Imagine in the game against Arizona. Instead of looking at the ball, which is what Milloy did, knowing the player Johnson is, he could have very well swatted down the ball or atleast intercepted it.This year 82 tackles, five TFL, 11 PBU and 5 INT.

3. T.J. Lang, OT Eastern Michigan - This guy when I first saw him, looked like a bit of a tweener O-lineman. But after watching some more, I saw he could be a decent RT, especially with our coaching. He has great versatility on the line, can play any position. Which means he could be a potential C and a viable LT back-up. He came off as a mauler with a good punch. Could help refortify our RT spot on running plays.

4. Jason Williams, OLB Western Illinois - A guy that hasn't played against the best competition, but he has been very productive. He could be one of the biggest steals this draft. Especially at the SLB or WLB spot. He is a very quick and complete OLB prospect. He isn't afraid to take on hits and can make plays in coverage. He has a nose for the ball, and is very agile in the process of pursuit. Love how he plays, in his career: 289 tackles, 46.5 TFL, 15 sacks, 12 PBU, 1 INT.

5. Myron Pryor, DT Kentucky - A player that we have not shown interest in, surprisingly. He would be a perfect NT for our scheme. Is quick off the line and knows how to use leverage to dismantle blockers. Is agile as well, and knows how to collapse a pocket. In the SEC, before his injury, lineman said he was a hassle to play against. 118 tackles, 20.5 TFL. 11.5 sacks,

5a. Roy Miller, DT Texas - A promising looking NT. He could use a little more weight, probably 10-15 more pounds would be ideal for NT. He would bring in good depth and could battle it out to be a starter. Last year as a starter he had 9.5 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks. He brings good run support to the table

6. DeAndre Levy, OLB Wisconsin - This would be Lee Robinson, except we haven't looked him. Levy would be a safe pick here, and would add some good depth to our LB core. He is good in coverage, fast, solid tackler, and a leader. He has sufficient range with a nice motor and drive to get to the ball. My only concerns is his block shedding ability. Would still be a good coverage LB in our scheme. 211 tackles, 28 TFL 15 sacks , 8 PBU , and 2 INT.

UDFA:

Brandon Myers, TE Iowa - Was a good contributor to his team. A definite passing threat TE, and he ran a 4.7 in the combine. 649 yards and 9 TDs in two years.

Kevin Sanders, CB UAB - How this guy went unnoticed is weird to me. He was one of the leading defenders in INTs this year. UABs defense is run in the C2 and he would be a great CB for our roster. Career: 140 tackles, 15 INT, 17 PBU, 3 FF.

Dre'Mail Hardin, S Stillman - A player with a ton of heart, that deserves a place in the NFL. He would be a good safety to add to the roster. 168 tackles, 14 PBU, and 16 INT.

Russell Allen, OLB San Diego St. - Good depth, and special teamer. Has good work ethic with great production as an OLB. 375 tackles, 22.0 TFL, 3.5 sacks, 13 PBU, and 3 INT.

Marlon Favorite, DT LSU - Can stuff the run, which we need all the help we can get with that.

Corey Small, CB FAU - Underrated and overlooked C2 CB in this draft. Has a lot of potential, just a little undersized at 5'9. 232 TKLS, 13 INT, 19 PBU, 3 FF, 12 TFL

OR

2009 NFL Draft:

I read this idea on the board and it makes a lot of sense to me. We trade our first to Oaklands so they can grab Darrius Heyward-Bey. We get their 2nd and 3rd.

2a. Rashad Johnson, S Alabama

2b. Marcus Freeman, OLB OSU

3a. Jairus Byrd, CB Oregon

3b. T.J. Lang, OT Eastern Michigan

4. Phillip Hunt, DE Houston

5a. Roy Miller, DT Texas

5b. Lee Robinson, OLB Alcorn State (Sleeper pick)

6. Myron Pryor, DT Kentucky

UDFA:

- Brandon Myers, TE Iowa

- Kevin Sanders, CB UAB

- Dre'Mail Hardin, S Stillman

- Russell Allen, OLB San Diego St.

- Marlon Favorite, DT LSU

- Corey Small, CB FAU

Obviously I couldn't address all of the needs, but I tried. Please comment, and don't hate too hard.

not sold on Freeman

He is a very versatile player. Could play WLB and SLB. I would feel a bit more comfortable with him as a SLB. When I looked at him, atleast during the Senior Bowl, and Texas game, he showed me he could shed blocks which is what the strong side would encounter. He can cover just as good as he can play against the run.

one ? hypothetically speaking we draft english and JA98 starts producing.. i really believe he will do ALOT better this yr. and if he does english isnt a 4-3 type OLB he is just a DE in a 4-3 scheme. so if we pick him we go 3-4? (i dont believe we will) or do more of a NY giants type D and have major rotation? im not against getting a DE but i think we dont go after one in the first this yr.. maybe a late pick to try to get a justin tuck type or go after one next yr. DE isnt a major need of ours. i just dont know.. besides that your picks are good

one ? hypothetically speaking we draft english and JA98 starts producing.. i really believe he will do ALOT better this yr. and if he does english isnt a 4-3 type OLB he is just a DE in a 4-3 scheme. so if we pick him we go 3-4? (i dont believe we will) or do more of a NY giants type D and have major rotation? im not against getting a DE but i think we dont go after one in the first this yr.. maybe a late pick to try to get a justin tuck type or go after one next yr. DE isnt a major need of ours. i just dont know.. besides that your picks are good

Well if Anderson starts to produce would be a big IF. He has not really shown any signs of it, but if he does that is more power to us. That would give us ridiculous DE rotation, insurance for Abe, and a sick pass rush on passing downs if we kick Anderson inside at UT. I think we do need to do what the Giants do. Ive been preaching that on these boards since i joined.

i see your POV but i have to ask why do we go that direction this yr when we have HUGE needs at other defensive positions. and about JA98 he had a great college career and has had the worst coach in NFL history as his coach yr one and a great defensive minded coach yr two. that said if he wasnt any good why has coach smith kept him in and not replaced him? we have davis which has showed to be good enough to start.. i have to believe coach sees something in him. he has the intangible to be a great player. i dont know what needs to happen with him but abe talks highly of him. if he wasnt good coach would pull him like he did boley.

i think our first pick if we dont trade out of the first will be on a LB or DT not a DE