Lions looking to trade down from #20

Steve C

Todd McShay said that the Lions are looking to deal down from 20 in order to save some money. Meaning that they'd probably want to move down further than #24, but good for Dimitroff & co. to know in case they can get good value in a trade to move up and secure a player they rate highly who wouldn't otherwise be available.

Todd McShay said that the Lions are looking to deal down from 20 in order to save some money. Meaning that they'd probably want to move down further than #24, but good for Dimitroff & co. to know in case they can get good value in a trade to move up and secure a player they rate highly who wouldn't otherwise be available.

We give them Jamaal for it....I would do it if there was a BA player hanging around at 20.

That surprises me because I thought for sure they would want Oher there. They must not like him too much. Either that or they are thinking of maybe Britton and figure to save a few bucks on a similar talent.

except that there is little to no chance oher gets to 20, at least imo. he could go as high as 8, 9 or 10, then he could go to buffalo, washington and san diego. i have him going to the skins at 13.

-Mr. Offseason

except that there is little to no chance oher gets to 20, at least imo. he could go as high as 8, 9 or 10, then he could go to buffalo, washington and san diego. i have him going to the skins at 13.

-Mr. Offseason

Now you know I like you as a poster but a lot of people think he might be there. We all have our different opinions and in mine I have him going 20 to Detroit. My mock goes as follows but is subject to change due to the trades that I think will take place in the middle of the round.

1. Detroit-Stafford

2. St. Louis-Jason Smith

3. KC-Curry-first piece to the 3-4 but could take Monroe too.

4. Seattle-Sanchez

5. Cleveland-Crabtree-I'm anticipating them moving Edwards

6. Cinn-Monroe

7.Oak-BJ Raji

8.Jack-Maclin-They need a young receive to be groomed while Holt is finishing his career there.

9. GB-Andre Smith

10. SF-Maybin

11. Buf-Orakpo

12. Denver-Tyson Jackson-they are changing to the 3-4 and this is their first piece. Best 3-4 DE in the draft.

13.Wash-Cushing

14.NO-Moreno

15. Houston-Matthews but Jenkins at CB is a possibility but he is said to be a better fit at safety.

16. SD- Maualuga

17. Jets-Josh Freeman even though this his highly debatable. They need a QB imo.

18. Denver- English-2nd piece to their new 3-4 defense. Probably at OLB.

19. TB-Michael Johnson-I think they really like him for some reason. Could be a mistake this high.

20. Detroit-Oher- they are now building protection around their new young QB. Could trade down and go with Britton.

21. Phil-Pettigrew-They are a physical team and he is what they hoped to have in LJ Smith.

22.Minn-Britton

23.NE-JL-they wanted Matthews or Maualuga but they are gone. They put JL inside next to Mayo. Good tandem for years to come.

24-Atl-Hood- I have them choosing Hood over Jerry because Hood can play NT where Jerry is more of a UT. (I like Jerry better)

25.Miami-Everette Brown-

26-Baltimore-Heyward-Bey-Could trade pick for Boldin.

27.Ind-Jerry

28. Buf-Jenkins

29.NY-Harvin

30. Tenn-Butler

31. AZ- Wells-They wanted Moreno but take the next best thing.

32. Pitt-Vontae Davis

hey Mr. Offseason,

did you post your mock on this board? If so I wouldn't mind seeing it.

not yet, im still editing it and then writing in the analysis for all the picks. i have 2 research papers due next week so i havent had a lot of time, but i dont have class tomorrow so i hope to get some work done on both papers and also my mock. ill definitely post it when im done, ill find time before the week is over.

-Mr. Offseason