Knowshon Moreno

Well, first thing I must say is that I am not a homer. I mainly just want to throw out another topic to post on. I was thinking what if the falcons were to throw everyone for a loop. What if we do trade the 2nd round pick to K.C. and get Gonzo. Then with our 1st round pick get Knowshon Moreno. Go with a Williams and Stewart look like the Panthers. That would give us two new weapons on offense. Norwood would then be traded to get back into the 2nd or into the 3rd round to go defense. Not to mention from a business stand point Moreno would put fans in the stands in these bad economic times. Things to be considered though would be the amount of money we would have at that position. Turner career would be extended. Would a Turner and Moreno backfield be any better than a Turner and Norwood backfield. Good move or bad move? Why? Post away. Homer's post with reason.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, first thing I must say is that I am not a homer. I mainly just want to throw out another topic to post on. I was thinking what if the falcons were to throw everyone for a loop. What if we do trade the 2nd round pick to K.C. and get Gonzo. Then with our 1st round pick get Knowshon Moreno. Go with a Williams and Stewart look like the Panthers. That would give us two new weapons on offense. Norwood would then be traded to get back into the 2nd or into the 3rd round to go defense. Not to mention from a business stand point Moreno would put fans in the stands in these bad economic times. Things to be considered though would be the amount of money we would have at that position. Turner career would be extended. Would a Turner and Moreno backfield be any better than a Turner and Norwood backfield. Good move or bad move? Why? Post away. Homer's post with reason.

I love that Knowshon Moreno kid, but we need to go defense with our 1st pick. Nice thought you have there.

hate it... norwood is the ultimate weapon, better then most running back in the league now. he isnt a starting RB and a great 2nd! leave our back field the way it is. i love moreno and i know he will go to philly and be westbrook part 2. but in my opinion norwood is better for our needs and hate the thought of trading our 2nd round pick for a old guy... you might as well write that pick off as a bust b/c TG only has like 2 maybe 3 yrs left

bad just because knowshon is a 3 down back and not the speedster u would need for the 2 back theory. it would be good if we didnt already have a workhorse. but it would be like having peterson and lt or jones drew and turner. knowshon is great but hes not fast enough to

compliment turner. knowshon is an only back needed type if guy

This is true. I have Knowshon going to N.O. at 14 in my mock. He will start and Bush will go back to being the change of pase and 3rd down back. If this happens like I think it will then the NFC South will be loaded with all kinds of running backs.

I agree. I see Moreno and Cadillac Williams as the same type. I think Moreno will have a hard time staying healthy as a pro.

They are the same type of back but why would you think their health would be the same? Cadillac was always hurt in college too as where Knowshon has never had any major injuries. He has hardly even been nicked up. For you guys saying he won't make it through the season without being hurt is stating stuff with no basis. He has never been hurt and he has always ran tough.

They are the same type of back but why would you think their health would be the same? Cadillac was always hurt in college too as where Knowshon has never had any major injuries. He has hardly even been nicked up. For you guys saying he won't make it through the season without being hurt is stating stuff with no basis. He has never been hurt and he has always ran tough.

Because after any decent hit, after any big run, he always came out of the game. That's not even close to an every down back.

The sad thing is this is about the 5th time this has been suggested so it is not even a new interesting topic to post about. So basically you have failed on every level.

Because after any decent hit, after any big run, he always came out of the game. That's not even close to an every down back.

You were right that the Falcons getting Moreno is stupid.... but saying he can't stay healthy just shows that you are stupid as well. Saying he isn't a every-down back also shows that you are a mindless idiot. Go look at how many carries he had per game and then come back and talk about how he isn't an every down back.

You were right that the Falcons getting Moreno is stupid.... but saying he can't stay healthy just shows that you are stupid as well. Saying he isn't a every-down back also shows that you are a mindless idiot. Go look at how many carries he had per game and then come back and talk about how he isn't an every down back.

Easy, homer, easy. You'll see this season.

There's a reason the teams he's speculated as being picked by already have one good runningback to split carries with him.

?

Richt loves running multiple backs.

He ran it with Brown and Moreno, and he ran it with Moreno and Caleb King/Samuel.

I think the bigger point is that coaching TOOK him out, rather than him asking for it.

Richt did everything possible to keep his home run hitter healthy, as there was a big drop off after Knowshon in terms of production.

And with that, Moreno still carried the ball the vast majority of the time.

He pops up after every tackle, and has never seemed to be a whiner, or had a big injury.

I think he's about as fast as Turner, but uses agility more often than power to gain his yards.

Nevertheless, He'll lower his shoulder where there was no other way to go.

I don't really like the eagles, so I can't say I'd like him there, it would be much more awesome if the Chargers picked him up as the heir apparent to L.T.

Easy, homer, easy. You'll see this season.

There's a reason the teams he's speculated as being picked by already have one good runningback to split carries with him.

You are about as close to being right as Miss California is to liking same sex marriage. You're speaking of a subject you apparently are not very well informed about. You should stop now or put on the flame suit.

If "fans" need a Bulldog as our first round pick to come to games rather than watching Turner & Norwood then they don't deserve to call themselves fans.

He did that early in the season and it wasn't after any big hit or any big run. It was after a few big runs and he wanted to give Caleb King his touches. If anything he was being too unselfish and he even said so and stopped doing it about mid season on. If you haven't seen him play then you maybe shouldn't make comments about him. It sounds like to me that you are just saying word for word what some critics were saying early in the season. Sorry if I'm wrong. Not trying to down your opinion but you shouldn't state it as fact when it is far from the truth. He is in great condition and never came out do to any hard hits. That is very ridiculous and brings your credibility into question. Another thing that brings it into question is saying that teams that are looking into him already have a running back when everyone that watches the NFL knows that a ton of teams are trying to go with two running backs. It isn't anything new, it has been going on now for the last 5 years or so. Heck, we've had a two back system here since '01 when we had Dunn and drafted Duckett. No way we take Moreno because we already have our two back system in place but NO, the Eagles and several other teams are looking to add another running back.

If "fans" need a Bulldog as our first round pick to come to games rather than watching Turner & Norwood then they don't deserve to call themselves fans.

I do agree. Fans are already starting to fill the stands because of Matt Ryan. We don't need to add a player we don't need for ticket sales. I love Moreno more than any player in this draft but I don't want us to draft him. We have our two back system and we have Snelling too that is a good number three and we have Thomas Brown, who is a former dawg and went to my high school, as a KO return guy and just added depth in case of any injuries.

Why in the world do you trade Norwood? You will not getthe truest value of what he is worth.