With the 24th pick in the NFL Draft

Bring It

A week or two ago, I would have been against this move. Lately, I'm starting to really warm up to it because as I evaluate our defense I'm starting to believe that we're not as bad off as I once believed. Especially, if it's true that he really loves run blocking. He could fit in to the team philosophy quite nicely.

Yea read this today! Great article. I was having a heated discussion yesterday with a moron about Pettigrew. Kept saying his stats were bad etc etc. Some people just don't get it. Stats are just a product of the system the player is in. If Stafford threw 70% of the time his stats would be mind boggling. Just cant beat into some peoples heads that Pettigrew is one of the best all around TE to come out in the last five years. You don't pass on that at #24! I love this bit!

"Because Oklahoma State ran so much, he didn't generate flashy statistics. Pettigrew, who missed three games with a sprained ankle, finished with 42 receptions for 472 yards, both second best on the team. More than half those catches resulted in first downs, showcasing his reliability."

I think he will be gone. Probably to the Eagles if they stay put. I also think English, Matthews, and Cushing will be gone so I think we take Evander Hood. Maybe Malcom Jenkins.

Hope you're wrong cause I want Matthews. I'm starting to warm up to Laurinitis (sp) though. I'm just not feeling the pick of Pettigrew but that was a good article. The fact that he is such a good blocker does make it more interesting. I do have a feeling we will take him if he is still there though....

Yea read this today! Great article. I was having a heated discussion yesterday with a moron about Pettigrew. Kept saying his stats were bad etc etc. Some people just don't get it. Stats are just a product of the system the player is in. If Stafford threw 70% of the time his stats would be mind boggling. Just cant beat into some peoples heads that Pettigrew is one of the best all around TE to come out in the last five years. You don't pass on that at #24! I love this bit!

"Because Oklahoma State ran so much, he didn't generate flashy statistics. Pettigrew, who missed three games with a sprained ankle, finished with 42 receptions for 472 yards, both second best on the team. More than half those catches resulted in first downs, showcasing his reliability."

This guy is the real deal.................a thoroughbred.

Hope you're wrong cause I want Matthews. I'm starting to warm up to Laurinitis (sp) though. I'm just not feeling the pick of Pettigrew but that was a good article. The fact that he is such a good blocker does make it more interesting. I do have a feeling we will take him if he is still there though....

I hope I'm wrong too becasue I want Matthews pretty bad too. I did a mock on NFL.com and I had Cushing going to Washington and Matthews going to Houston. That's around 13 through 15. If not there then there are a few other places he could go before us. I have JL going to NE to play ILB along side Mayo. If Matthews doesn't go to Houston then he could go to the Jets or even NE. Maybe even Denver at 18. I changed my mock about 3 or 4 times and there really is no telling. In my mock I have us taking Evander Hood. Not the player I want first but he will be the best player in position of need in my mock. Even Pettigrew is gone in my mock. I had us taking Hood over Jerry because he can rotate at NT where Jerry will be more of a UT type player. I do like Jerry better but not for what we need most. We need insurance for Trey Lewis. If Matthews is there I think we take him.

I hope I'm wrong too becasue I want Matthews pretty bad too. I did a mock on NFL.com and I had Cushing going to Washington and Matthews going to Houston. That's around 13 through 15. If not there then there are a few other places he could go before us. I have JL going to NE to play ILB along side Mayo. If Matthews doesn't go to Houston then he could go to the Jets or even NE. Maybe even Denver at 18. I changed my mock about 3 or 4 times and there really is no telling. In my mock I have us taking Evander Hood. Not the player I want first but he will be the best player in position of need in my mock. Even Pettigrew is gone in my mock. I had us taking Hood over Jerry because he can rotate at NT where Jerry will be more of a UT type player. I do like Jerry better but not for what we need most. We need insurance for Trey Lewis. If Matthews is there I think we take him.

You may be right.

Tonight on CH.11 early sports news they showed a brief cut of an interview they did today with TD and he said he called Smitty into his office yesterday to help him start to "break down" the 9 to 10 draft day scenarios he has come with.

9 to 10 SCENARIOS !!!

If this is true, it shows how uncertain TD actually is as to WHO will be our No.1 pick, either by choice or by chance.

Unfortunately I agree that Matthews won't be there. Houston would make alot of sense although there's talk that a CB opposite Robinson is a more pressing need for them.

I've had a feeling all along of Mattthews going to the Pats @ #23. I wonder if he slid down would we try & work a deal with Philly or Minnesota, I guess we'll find out Saturday.

Unfortunately I agree that Matthews won't be there. Houston would make alot of sense although there's talk that a CB opposite Robinson is a more pressing need for them.

I've had a feeling all along of Mattthews going to the Pats @ #23. I wonder if he slid down would we try & work a deal with Philly or Minnesota, I guess we'll find out Saturday.

The thing is, there is so many scenario's that could take place. I know that every year there is a lot of talk about trades going down and nothing happening but I really think we could see a bunch of trades from the middle of the first round to close to the end of it. There has already been a bunch of movement with picks and players and I think there will be more. Braylon Edwards and Boldin are likely to be traded among a few others. That could again change the first round projections. This is when it gets exciting. The final week leading up to the draft. I have the Patriots taking JL because of Matthews being gone but if he is there then I think they definitely take him. Another guy that NE could take is Mauluga if he's there. I have him going 16 to SD but he could possibly be there and they could put him inside next to Mayo as I have them doing with JL. I beleive they would love to have Matthews though. He's the type of Hybrid player they like at LB. Kind of like Willie McGinest was for them. At this point so many things could go down and there is at least 2 to 3 options for most of the teams in the top half of the first round. Any surprise move could drastically change everyone's mock.