Thomas Jefferson, the Prophet?

Des-pool

This was an emailgoing around a little while ago that I wanted to share with everyone. If anything, it should show just how smart one of our founding fathers was and why we should leave the Constitution alone and rarely, if ever, make any changes.

Thomas Jefferson in some cases could be called a prophet.

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe .

Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.

Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the

government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense

of taking care of them.

Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results

from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear

arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of

patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

In light of the present financial crisis, it's interesting to read what Thomas

Jefferson said in 1802:

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Food for thought...

He is for National Banks...controlling of currency was one of the "tasks" that government was supposed to do.

really i thought he was against national bank, which is what alexander hamilton was for. they were usually on the opposite sides of each other. but he is making a good case for the FED, which i agree with.

really i thought he was against national bank, which is what alexander hamilton was for. they were usually on the opposite sides of each other. but he is making a good case for the FED, which i agree with.

you got my interest....expound please

you got my interest....expound please

how did i catch your interest. here is a compilation of his opinion on the banking system.

http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library...sp?document=441

he believed it was not an enumerated power, so the government did not have the right. of course this goes along with jefferson was a believer in states rights and wanted smaller government.

how did i catch your interest. here is a compilation of his opinion on the banking system.

http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library...sp?document=441

he believed it was not an enumerated power, so the government did not have the right. of course this goes along with jefferson was a believer in states rights and wanted smaller government.

it's just one debate that i have never really had the chance to see much of...dont have an opinion on it as of yet

In light of the present financial crisis, it's interesting to read what Thomas

Jefferson said in 1802:

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

1913 - The Federal Reserve Bank Era Begins and so does the end of the USA.

1913 - The Federal Reserve Bank Era Begins and so does the end of the USA.

not true. we had a national bank from the beginning. first bank of the US was started in 1791 which was pretty much the same thing as the fed. the first bank and 2nd bank were trial that brought us to the FED. will we change it up? maybe, but i am not sure. i like the fed and think we should keep it.

I really, really don't like Thomas Jefferson.

He was against banks, against big government. I am sure some people, given the current crisis, might think this is a good idea.

But Jefferson believed that each person should have a farm, and be able to farm as he pleases with as little taxation as possible.

Jefferson was out of touch with the times. Alexander Hamilton is one of the most underrated Americans in history, while I believe Jefferson is the overrated.

I really, really don't like Thomas Jefferson.

He was against banks, against big government. I am sure some people, given the current crisis, might think this is a good idea.

But Jefferson believed that each person should have a farm, and be able to farm as he pleases with as little taxation as possible.

Jefferson was out of touch with the times. Alexander Hamilton is one of the most underrated Americans in history, while I believe Jefferson is the overrated.

Alexander Hamilton's beliefs are what we run right now. national bank and big government. i agree he was underrated at his time. dude was speaking truth beyond his time.