The Movie Warning Thread

Ibis1

I'm tired of hearing reviews on movies i should see. Tell me what movies not to see and why. They can be in theaters or on DVD. I will start.

Don't see The Watchmen

Reasons

- Excessive blue dong

- The movie is really long and boring - Almost 3 hours

- The graphic novel is much better

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kinda off subject but not, is there a good place to get movie reviews by regular people? ive seen movies i thought were pretty decent and they just get trashed by the new york times or rottentomatoes dot com and some i thought sucked with good reviews.

Why here of course...silly. :P ;)

I'm tired of hearing reviews on movies i should see. Tell me what movies not to see and why. They can be in theaters or on DVD. I will start.

Don't see The Watchmen

Reasons

- Excessive blue dong

I have to agree with you, and the reason you gave is the reasons I hated the movie. Well that and the fact that it was pretty much 3 hours of dialog, almost no fight scenes. Also I have to add to this list:

Punisher War Zone- Awful movie, just don't do it to yourself. Horrible acting and violence that didn't even make sense.

The Spirit- Geez Sam. L Jackson, I know you are a worker and will take ANY role but this movie was to date your worst.

Seven Pounds = 2 hours of boredom.

Reasons - Weak Plot, too long, I was clueless for 2/3rds of the movie.

i liked seven pounds i thought it was a dang good movie. i think the point was suppose to be pointless on what was happening until the end. it was a suspense/ drama. your not suppose to know what is going on until the end, but i kind of got the idea of what happened before they explained it which sucked to me, but still a good movie. i dont think the plot was weak, but people figure out what happens 20mins before they want you to or atleast expect you 2.

Don't see The Watchmen

Reasons

- Excessive blue dong

Watchmen was a bit of a disappointment. Yes, the full frontal shot of Dr. Manhattan was disturbing to say the least. But Malin Akerman's nakedness made up for that. :wub: I feel that the movie would have been better served to have the original creative team from the graphic novel more involved in the process.

Yes, ignore anyone that says Seven Pounds is not good. One of the best movies I've watched in the last year.

Do NOT watch Vinyan.

Reason: It's catagorized as a horror movie, but it's an hour and a half of boring drama which I only finished in hopes of a good ending, the ending made it worse. And it's directed by a french guy. I was so disapointed in Rufus Sewell for being in that movie. I like that guy.

Epic Movie: Epic Fail (as I'm sure anyone can guess.)

EDIT: forgot to add Jumper...

Seconded...I swear, is there any way whatsoever to replace Hayden Christansen with a cardboard cutout of himself? If so, than Jumper might have had a chance. It's a movie that deserves a reboot with someone who can actually act...****, I've seen Paul Walker do a better job of acting... :blink:

Seconded...I swear, is there any way whatsoever to replace Hayden Christansen with a cardboard cutout of himself? If so, than Jumper might have had a chance. It's a movie that deserves a reboot with someone who can actually act...****, I've seen Paul Walker do a better job of acting... :blink:

You ain't wrong! That movie could have been good if it had a better cast. Excluding Sam Jackson, cause that's my dawg.

I liked Vantage Point. Predictable, but I liked it. and I love to hate Matthew Fox.