If I'm the Denver Broncos GM this is what I'd do on draft day

1st round pick #12 -- Aaron Maybin, 3-4 OLB. The closest thing to DeMarcus Ware as a 3-4 OLB since the man himself.

Trade second 1st rounder (#18), two RBs from their deep backfield (Ryan Torain and Selvin Young who are a good power/speed combo) and their 4th rounder to the Browns for both 2nd round picks and Brady Quinn. Cleveland gets the RB it wants at #18 or the 3-4 OLB they like most, and McDaniels gets "his guy" at the all important QB position.

2a) Ron Brace, NT. They need a NT for their 3-4 defense.

2b) LeSean McCoy, RB. The franchise RB they haven't had since Davis, he could be great in a one-cut zone scheme.

Trade 3rd (from Cutler trade) and 6th and 7th to get into the bottom of the 2nd.

2c) Jarron Gilbert, 3-4 DE. They need a DE for their 3-4 defense.

3) Chip Vaughn, SS. Brian Dawkins is a temporary fill at the SS spot. Vaughn can start right away as well.

5) Jasper Brinkley, ILB. A real thumper for the inside of their defense.

7) Lydell Sargeant, CB. A very talented and underrated CB who falls because of a troubled past. He's good now though.

That yields 7 potential starters (Quinn included and Brinkley included).

they have to think about moving up to #8 overall to sanchez if they want their qb this year, and if they dont then they need to build up their defense. i could see them upgrading their front 7 with tyson jackson, aaron maybin and ron brace (if he falls to them in round 2, which i doubt. hed have to slide past the packers) and then in the 3rd round i think they could get stephen mcgee, qb, texas a&m to develop behind orton and simms. he would be mcdaniels' new project, and depending on what they think of him next year they could either get another qb in round 1 (i wouldnt reccomend it) or stick with mcgee.

-Mr. Offseason

To me, Aaron Maybin has bust written all over him.

I have to disagree here. Maybin has the quickest first step and the best motor out of all the DE/OLB prospects which will definitely lead to him getting sacks on Sundays. His potential as a 3-4 OLB scares me, since he isn't only the fastest and quickest of the group but he has done positional drills with the LBs and Ss so he has better cover skills than any other DE in the draft.

His motor alone will not allow him to ever be considered a bust, and his physical skill set and sky high potential will make him a star.

they have to think about moving up to #8 overall to sanchez if they want their qb this year, and if they dont then they need to build up their defense. i could see them upgrading their front 7 with tyson jackson, aaron maybin and ron brace (if he falls to them in round 2, which i doubt. hed have to slide past the packers) and then in the 3rd round i think they could get stephen mcgee, qb, texas a&m to develop behind orton and simms. he would be mcdaniels' new project, and depending on what they think of him next year they could either get another qb in round 1 (i wouldnt reccomend it) or stick with mcgee.

-Mr. Offseason

I think Quinn is a better move than taking a developmental QB. Quinn can go through the developmental QB process - sit for a year and completely learn the playbook and what he has to do - and then jump into the system ready to go in 2010. He could compete for the starting spot right away as well and he could even be the front runner since he is somewhat familiar with the playbook already. I don't think the Packers will take Ron Brace, they have a lot of big DTs on their roster who could vie for the 3-4 NT spot already. Also, I have Gilbert rated as the #1 3-4 DE and Jackson as the #2, which is something I tried to explain earlier. Jackson is a little better of a run stuffer right now, Gilbert is a much better pass rusher. Gilbert's potential is also sky high, he has the athleticism, size, and strength to be a stud 3-4 DE.

I have to disagree here. Maybin has the quickest first step and the best motor out of all the DE/OLB prospects which will definitely lead to him getting sacks on Sundays. His potential as a 3-4 OLB scares me, since he isn't only the fastest and quickest of the group but he has done positional drills with the LBs and Ss so he has better cover skills than any other DE in the draft.

His motor alone will not allow him to ever be considered a bust, and his physical skill set and sky high potential will make him a star.

I think Quinn is a better move than taking a developmental QB. Quinn can go through the developmental QB process - sit for a year and completely learn the playbook and what he has to do - and then jump into the system ready to go in 2010. He could compete for the starting spot right away as well and he could even be the front runner since he is somewhat familiar with the playbook already. I don't think the Packers will take Ron Brace, they have a lot of big DTs on their roster who could vie for the 3-4 NT spot already. Also, I have Gilbert rated as the #1 3-4 DE and Jackson as the #2, which is something I tried to explain earlier. Jackson is a little better of a run stuffer right now, Gilbert is a much better pass rusher. Gilbert's potential is also sky high, he has the athleticism, size, and strength to be a stud 3-4 DE.

i agree with you on the maybin points for the most part, but he didnt look as explosive or quick with the added weight which has to be a concern since he might still have to add more. i love his motor though but i dont know how much i like him as a 3-4 OLB. i never got to see him in linebacker drills but i thought he looked a little stiff and upright at times when he stood up, but maybe im confusing him with someone else. anyways, i have some minor concerns about him as a 3-4 OLB, and if he can't add more weight then he will have issues at RE in the NFL.

well quinn will cost the broncos a 1st round pick, or a 2nd round pick + something else, so you have to take that into consideration given their wealth of needs. not to mention theyd look like ******* if they just traded away their stud QB and then dealt another high pick for another good QB. i think the best road for them is to see what orton has got, take mcgee and develop him and then see where they are in a year. they arent going to win a lot of games this year regardless of who they have at QB (whether it is quinn or orton) so they might as well evaluate what they have at the position and then if mcgee comes along alright then maybe in 2010 or 2011 (ideally 2010, but he might need 2 years of development) he can take the reigns. if not they can look for a QB in the loaded 2010 draft class in which they will likely have a high selection from their own pick and a pick in the 20's courtesy of chicago.

and the packers could definitely take ron brace. they have an old NT in ryan pickett who has never played the position before and has a history of knee problems, and they lost colin cole in free agency and johnny jolly was arrested recently for marijuana possession if i remember correctly. the packers are pretty big on character which is why i dont think they will pick raji in round 1, but brace has no such concerns and depending on what they think of jolly they could definitely draft brace to back up pickett, and if pickett is gone in one or two years (which is not out of the realm of possibility at all) then brace and jolly would hold down the NT position.

and i know you love gilbert but i think the first thing 3-4 DL need to worry about is stopping the run and that is why i like tyson jackson more. not to mention i think tyson jackson has a good motor, but i dont know about gilberts motor. i have heard he has a less than impressive motor which i think makes a little sense given his impressive athletic ability (the same goes for MJ) and that worries me. so i like tyson jackson more as a 3-4 DE because he CAN collapse the pocket and disengages well, plus he holds up well versus the run as you said.

-Mr. Offseason