Henry brothers cancel trip to Kentucky

Unknøwn

Could the end finally be nearing for Xavier Henry and C.J. Henry? It was believed the Henry brothers were going to take a visit to Kentucky this upcoming weekend, but is that still the case? Jayhawk Slant just spoke to Carl Henry, the father of Xavier and C.J., and has the very latest inside.

"Xavier and C.J. have decided not to visit Kentucky," said Carl Henry. "They are not going to take the trip. I spoke to the both of them and they are done taking visits. Xavier and C.J. have told me they plan to announce a final decision in two days.

"I really have no idea where they are leaning," he added. "Those two, they changes their mind so much. If they didn't change their mind so much, I might have a better idea. What I do know is that no visit to Kentucky is going to happen. They plan to make let everybody know in two days."

Xavier, the 6-foot-6, 210-pound shooting guard from Putnam City High School in Oklahoma City, Okla., had originally signed a Letter-of-Intent with Memphis. However, once John Calipari left for Kentucky, the No. 8 ranked player in the class asked for his release.

During his senior season, C.J. verbally committed to Kansas, but never stepped foot on campus. He was drafted by the New York Yankees in the first round of the 2005 MLB draft. After minor league stints with the Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies, C.J. decided to give basketball a try.

He walked on to the Memphis basketball program this past season, but red shirted because of an injury to his foot. Just as Xavier did, C.J. asked for, and was granted a release from Memphis.

"Everything is almost over," said Carl Henry. "A final decision will be made in two days. I don't know how it's going to be done, but it will be final. I don't know if Xavier will do something down here (Oklahoma) or what type of announcement will be made, but some type of announcement will be made."