Turner in 09

truthspeaker

If I read the article correctly, then it is not a matter of Turner having to carry 370 times this season, the damage has been done.

This is could be problematic if the OC doesn't get more creative with his play calling, and we have to rely on a speed back with an injury history. Personally, I think Snelling could be a viable stop gap. But we haven't seen him enough in live fire situations to make that any more than a hunch.

I'm not into all of these kind of stats and predictions. I do agree that the Falcons need to limit his carries more this year, and I'm confident they will. I expect him to have another very good year, but I doubt he'll put up the same numbers he did last year. More of our offense will come from Matt Ryan. And on short-yardage situations, we should have a more reliable TE whom we can rely on, rather than forcing the ball to Turner up the gut.

Yeah, he threw the same thing at me when I suggested the Falcons might hit a wall this year (since they've never had back to back ect) It's just his thing, I guess? I wouldn't take it personally ;)

Again you have me confused with someone else. The last time I replied to your actual content, not your annoying bickering, was to tell you to quit whining about injuries on the Saints. For what it's worth, I don't think you are the kind of troll that TS is. He has shown himself, time and again to be the classless wonder that I implied. You're just a crybaby, but you don't seem like a bad person at all.

It will be interesting to keep an eye on this. No one knows whats going to happen. And no one is wishing injury either drama queen tools out there

I didn't take it as "wishing injury". I think when the entire NFL pointed out that Gruden was ruining Williams in his rookie year, they were not wishing injury.

In this league, you just never know. I hope he can buck the trend, but I do think there is sound reasoning behind the generalized stats. There are a few variables that I am not sure they took into account, but then again I am not sure if those help or hurt Turner.

I didn't take it as "wishing injury". I think when the entire NFL pointed out that Gruden was ruining Williams in his rookie year, they were not wishing injury.

In this league, you just never know. I hope he can buck the trend, but I do think there is sound reasoning behind the generalized stats. There are a few variables that I am not sure they took into account, but then again I am not sure if those help or hurt Turner.

Good point about Williams.

And I'm on your boat. I think Turner is capable of bucking the trend, so long as we limit his carries more next season if it's possible to do so.

Good point about Williams.

And I'm on your boat. I think Turner is capable of bucking the trend, so long as we limit his carries more next season if it's possible to do so.

Yeah, they tend to get hurt the following year trying to repeat those numbers. I hope he sees less carries this year.

Williams will be fine. Stewart is much more capable of taking on a large role than any back on Atlanta's roster outside of Turner.

Yeah, it's tough to say what will happen to Turner. I would be nervous, just because seeing those numbers pile up in one year is dangerous. And honestly, seeing Turner at less than 85% could be a death sentence for Atlanta's offense.

Williams will be fine. Stewart is much more capable of taking on a large role than any back on Atlanta's roster outside of Turner.

Yeah, it's tough to say what will happen to Turner. I would be nervous, just because seeing those numbers pile up in one year is dangerous. And honestly, seeing Turner at less than 85% could be a death sentence for Atlanta's offense.

The Falcons were 2-6 when Turner went for less than 90 yards last season.

Michael Turner makes the Falcons go. Not the Falcons.

ryan has another year of experience though so we may not need to rely on turner like we did in 08. if something, god forbid, were to happen to turner i'd feel better about it this year than i would have last year. our offensive line has 1 more year of experience, roddy, jenks, douglas. & we have 3 backs with fresh legs. of course 2 of them were 5th round picks or lower, but like many teams have shown us, a rb doesn't have to be an early round pick to be successful.

how predictable

dude say anything you want to make yourself feel better about playing Falcons, the only thing predictable is that the Panthers will lose to Falcons like they do every yr man.... almost 70% all time vs you guys, thats not a prediction that my friend is a FACT B)

dude say anything you want to make yourself feel better about playing Falcons, the only thing predictable is that the Panthers will lose to Falcons like they do every yr man.... almost 70% all time vs you guys, thats not a prediction that my friend is a FACT B)

Yeah man what can I say, we just don't have an answer for Jamal Anderson or Chris Chandler on that Falcons offense. Seifert better get it together this season or he'll get canned, although Chris Weinke looks promising and that third round punt returner from Utah might turn out pretty good.

Yeah man what can I say, we just don't have an answer for Jamal Anderson or Chris Chandler on that Falcons offense. Seifert better get it together this season or he'll get canned, although Chris Weinke looks promising and that third round punt returner from Utah might turn out pretty good.

No answer for Anderson? Have you thought about tossing a gum wrapper at him as that is all it takes...

Oh wait...

The real Jamal!

Nevermind.... :lol:

To be fair M K, it has not been just the JAM and Chandler teams...no matter how bad we were some of those years we would still manage to beat you! Hence, the nice winning % we have against you...not trying to demean your state but some teams just have other teams numbers? You have played slighty better against us the last few years although you would not have noticed it in our last meeting...

There have been two Falcons teams that have gotten sweeps on the Panthers since Fox has been here-2002 and 2004. Splits are nothing to be proud about, particularly the one in 2007 where the head-to-head ineptitude on both teams by that part of the season was nothing short of pathetic. Some bad Panthers teams have beaten the Falcons too, the second game in 2006 comes to mind.

I don't believe in that ******** about "having a team's number". The Falcons have the overall series on the Saints by a mile, but magically "having their number" in the past couldn't save them from losing five in a row against them at one point. We've generally slapped the Bucs around, but that's mostly because the Tampa Two they run and the requisite personnel is susceptible to our rushing attack and Steve Smith for example. The Falcons beat us a bunch of times in a row because they had better personnel matchups against us at those times. There's no magic involved, and if there are football gods I doubt they give a **** about two historically God-awful franchises or their marginal rivalry. That goes double for the Saints-Falcons rivalry.

But seriously, if invoking the magical football fairies is your primary reason for feeling a victory coming (Shredman, I'm looking at you), then go right ahead. Freedom of religion and what-not.