Tom Brandstater - QB

I don't know if either Redman or Shockley is viewed by Dimitroff and co. as the long-term #2 QB. If that's the case, I have no problem with them taking Brandstater or anyone else who they project as being a good long-term backup QB in the 5th round or later.

There's a possibility that Brandstater goes undrafted, although I wouldn't count on it.

he, unlike the erratic shockley, is very comparable to ryan physically but is a developmental 3rd string type because he bird dogs targets and is not the desision maker ryan is. does not throw the deep ball well or fit it between LB's and S's well either, but i like him in rd 6 because he has the potential to be good back up. i think he could sit behind redman for 2 or 3 years and then we could look for a new developmental guy for 3rd string. i dont ever see shockley being that guy. if we did get brandstater in rd 6, i firmly believe he would win the 3rd spot with ease. in fact, i really hope he is there and we take him in rd 6. i want to see him at the rookie mini camp.

It's very possible that we draft Brandstater. This is the last year on Redman's contract, and Shockley probably doesn't make the roster.

Besides let's look at this for a minute.

Last year the Pat's had Brady & Cassell on the roster, but they still drafted the QB I wanted in O'Connell in the 3rd. Brady got hurt Cassell starts most of the season and then gets traded for a 2nd. Now they have Brady & O'Connell, and I think O'Connell will be a much better QB than Cassell ever will.

I think as long as you have a franchise QB, you should ALWAYS be developing QB's in the backup positions. That gives you the oppurtunity to trade them once they're NFL ready.

It's very possible that we draft Brandstater. This is the last year on Redman's contract, and Shockley probably doesn't make the roster.

Besides let's look at this for a minute.

Last year the Pat's had Brady & Cassell on the roster, but they still drafted the QB I wanted in O'Connell in the 3rd. Brady got hurt Cassell starts most of the season and then gets traded for a 2nd. Now they have Brady & O'Connell, and I think O'Connell will be a much better QB than Cassell ever will.

I think as long as you have a franchise QB, you should ALWAYS be developing QB's in the backup positions. That gives you the oppurtunity to trade them once they're NFL ready.

+2, definitely considering our backups, Redman is fine for another year, but lets develop them.

Great point rckymtn, and the thing is, we can get trade value like cassel, if you can develop QBs, its like gold!

Brandstater is the only guy TD brought in for a workout...

Maybe he doesnt think Redmon/Shockley are suitable backups, or maybe Brandstater is TD's Tom Brady selection in the 6th... I certainly hope so lol

I think Brandstater could be developed and then dealt for a decent draft pick down the road, like we did with Schaub. I have us grabbing him in the 6th round, but I would be really surprised if he lasted that long. I have to think that there are a lot of people out there who also like his talent and ability...