Brandon Pettigrew is the answer.

XXVIII-III

I know I know, we NEED defense, I'm not arguing that, but if Pettigrew is there, TAKE HIM!!! Rarely does a stud TE come around like this. He is the final piece to our offense, after him we can solely focus on defense for the rest of this years draft, next years draft, and soon our D will be unstoppable because it will be the only thing we focus on. Everyone knows TD is great at finding defensive talent in the later rounds anyways.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading how high he is rated on people's boards it might be the best pick possible. Mel KIper has him rated as the 7th best player this year. Peter KIng says Buffalo should jump on him at 11 and said he is the best tight end to come out since Jeremy Shockey.

Its not a matter of the BPA in Pettigrews case. My question is.. is his role in our offense worth our 1st pick in the draft? Can we not find a TE in a later round? I do not think he is worth giving a 1st round pick to. There are plenty of TE's that are not 1st round selections who are legit. Having a 1st rd TE does not neccesarily complete our offense just because he is a 1st rounder. Yeah he can block really good. Well there are TE's in the 5th round who can block really good.

I dont think a TE in our offense will be used enough to be picked in the 1st round.

After reading how high he is rated on people's boards it might be the best pick possible. Mel KIper has him rated as the 7th best player this year. Peter KIng says Buffalo should jump on him at 11 and said he is the best tight end to come out since Jeremy Shockey.

What do Peter King and Mel Kiper have in common? Both of them are journalist. When one of them is actually hired by a football team to make football decisions, I'll start caring what they think.....maybe.

TD says if an offensive player that is a position of need is available that is exponentially better than the defensive players he will take him.

So if BP falls to us and he passes the filter prepare to start gnashing your teeth and renting your clothes. I will, of course, laugh at your hysterics.

Its not a matter of the BPA in Pettigrews case. My question is.. is his role in our offense worth our 1st pick in the draft? Can we not find a TE in a later round? I do not think he is worth giving a 1st round pick to. There are plenty of TE's that are not 1st round selections who are legit. Having a 1st rd TE does not neccesarily complete our offense just because he is a 1st rounder. Yeah he can block really good. Well there are TE's in the 5th round who can block really good.

I dont think a TE in our offense will be used enough to be picked in the 1st round.

BP can block AND catch really good, this will beef up our run and pass game. I don't understand how anyone can't see this as the obvious pick. We can solidify our D for this year and the years to come because or O will be complete!

I know I know, we NEED defense, I'm not arguing that, but if Pettigrew is there, TAKE HIM!!! Rarely does a stud TE come around like this. He is the final piece to our offense, after him we can solely focus on defense for the rest of this years draft, next years draft, and soon our D will be unstoppable because it will be the only thing we focus on. Everyone knows TD is great at finding defensive talent in the later rounds anyways.

What was Pettigrews stats from last year? Was it 400+ yards and no TD's? Am I wrong? If I'am right, I don't understand how he could be rated 1st round. To me thats worse than JA's 1 sack in 2 years. Maybe I'am wrong.

After watching video of Pettigrew it is obvious why he is a very good TE. But it is not obvious why he is a game changer or big time playmaker. I see a TE that has good hands and blocks real well. Can anyone explain why the Pundits have him in their top 10? He seems more like an early 2nd rounder. I'd love him for our offense because of his blocking, but #24 is too early for a player like that when there are game changers at LB still on the board.

What was Pettigrews stats from last year? Was it 400+ yards and no TD's? Am I wrong? If I'am right, I don't understand how he could be rated 1st round. To me thats worse than JA's 1 sack in 2 years. Maybe I'am wrong.

He played for a run heavy team and had no problem blocking, his coach acuatlly quoted him saying that BP begged the coach to call a play, a RUN play, and it resulted in a win! That's the TE I want on my team! What would Peyton be without DC to bail him out all the time? Think about how far in the playoffs we could have went with the suspect D we had if we would have had a stud TE, heck, if we still had Alge for that matter. lol!

I like BP but I'm more worried about the fact that with exception to John Abraham, we have no pass rush. With our secondary lacking in stars I'd like us to get some sort of pass rushing DE or at least a DT that can pressure the QB. Besides, I didn't think Malarkys (sp?) used TE's for passes that much. I'd hate to spend a first on a guy that will only get 30 catches for the season.

I like BP but I'm more worried about the fact that with exception to John Abraham, we have no pass rush. With our secondary lacking in stars I'd like us to get some sort of pass rushing DE or at least a DT that can pressure the QB. Besides, I didn't think Malarkys (sp?) used TE's for passes that much. I'd hate to spend a first on a guy that will only get 30 catches for the season.

We didn't use TE's that much becuase they always dropped the ball!

He played for a run heavy team and had no problem blocking, his coach acuatlly quoted him saying that BP begged the coach to call a play, a RUN play, and it resulted in a win! That's the TE I want on my team! What would Peyton be without DC to bail him out all the time? Think about how far in the playoffs we could have went with the suspect D we had if we would have had a stud TE, heck, if we still had Alge for that matter. lol!

lol... BP and DC have absolutely nothing in common except have TE next to their names on NFL.com...

Dallas Clark has excessive speed and can hit a home run from TE or lined up at WR...

I don't doubt that Brandon is a good team player, but how does that justify 1st round status? I'am not saying that I wouldn't want him, I just don't think he is worth our 1st pick. Ofcourse last year I chose Dorsey over Ryan :o

lol... BP and DC have absolutely nothing in common except have TE next to their names on NFL.com...

Dallas Clark has excessive speed and can hit a home run from TE or lined up at WR...

Matt Ryan is a Peyton Manning caliber QB. His TE helps him be that, understand?

we don't know that there will be a stud OLB that is appropriate for the 24th pick when we pick. cushing and mathews may be gone and we don't even know if english will fit in our scheme.

it's way too early to say who we will and wont pick when it comes to position of need. it's all about getting the best value for the needs you have. TE is a need and if BP is the best value at 24 he is the pick.