Roddy White

LVfalconfan

I think Roddy White has turned into a phenomenal receiver, He plays much bigger than he is. I still do not think he is respected as much as he deserves. Yes he went to the pro bowl, but It is sad when receivers get known for their showboating and stupid antics, when someone like Roddy White plays hard and on an elite level every play is not very known. The reason I say this is I was talking football with someone, I was telling them I think the falcons have a tough schedule, but they can do it. He said I think Matt Ryan will break out, but he has no receivers, and The falcons needed to get him a receiver. I did not know whether to be offended or to just laugh at football ignorance. Anyway Bump for the falcons awesome receiving core led by Roddy White.

Among knowledable football fans, he's respected. The guy you are talking about OBVIOUSLY had no idea what he is talking about. And you should have been offended AT his lack of knowledge. Roddy doesn't have the mainstream popularity yet, but as long as he plays the way he does, it doesn't matter to me. He's a top 5, possibly 3 WR. Aspects of his game are better than the ones that are considered the best.

1.Well i still say atlanta needs an slot receiver that on 2nd or 3rd down u know he's going to run his route to perfection and catch the ball 90% of the time..an Kenny Britt,Rutgers---patrick turner,southern california---jarrett dilliard,rice..

atlanta needs to draft an 2009 brian finneran

2.Also i beleive atlanta needs an deep threat speedy receiver that can move those safties and corners back to make room for an TE or that slot receiver to do damage thru the middle and take some pressure of the run..mike thomas,arizona---quan cosby, texas

1.Well i still say atlanta needs an slot receiver that on 2nd or 3rd down u know he's going to run his route to perfection and catch the ball 90% of the time..an Kenny Britt,Rutgers---patrick turner,southern california---jarrett dilliard,rice..

atlanta needs to draft an 2009 brian finneran

2.Also i beleive atlanta needs an deep threat speedy receiver that can move those safties and corners back to make room for an TE or that slot receiver to do damage thru the middle and take some pressure of the run..mike thomas,arizona---quan cosby, texas

I think Jenkins and Douglas can only improve which will really help, Roddy as well, He and Ryan will be great for years to come.

i really hope matty ice and roddy become a great tandem with atalnta this season

Just imagine what Peyton and Marvin had. Roddy is already Matt's go to guy and everyone knows that because in the last 3 games of the season and the playoffs, he was forcing throws to Roddy and got picked off. So expect Jenkins and Douglas to be in the mix.

Similar to what the Colts have

Peyton to Harrison, Wayne, Slot WR Stokely(Clark,Gonzalez)

Ryan to White, Jenkins, Slot WR Douglas

dude is very underrated. i was on the bucs board a while back arguing with a steeler fan and they were saying we need to get ryan a wideout and when i mentioned roddy they compared him to kevin curtis. they said he was different but wasn't an elite-type of wideout.

the thing that upsets me like the OP said is that roddy probably doesn't get recognized because he isn't punching his teammates in the face, or getting suspended for beating his wife, or signing football with sharpies after he scores TDs, etc.

dude is very underrated. i was on the bucs board a while back arguing with a steeler fan and they were saying we need to get ryan a wideout and when i mentioned roddy they compared him to kevin curtis. they said he was different but wasn't an elite-type of wideout.

the thing that upsets me like the OP said is that roddy probably doesn't get recognized because he isn't punching his teammates in the face, or getting suspended for beating his wife, or signing football with sharpies after he scores TDs, etc.

Dude is underated, i hope noone in my fantasy next year target him for being their first pick at WR, because i got him in the 4th round last year, it was tough because Marvin Harrison was still there, but i had to go with Roddy because i kinda knew Harrison was coming off being injured and getting older plus im a falcons fan so i chose White, which was a great pick, but Kevin Curtis is solid also for the Eagles, he was just hurt in the begginning of the season.

Last year's fantasy picks

1. LT

2. Turner

3. Steve Smith

4. Roddy White

5. Dallas Clark

6. Matt Schaub

That is true ki46dinah and i beleive that with an Pass Catching TE that would promote more end zone catches for roddy

As much as I think our TE's are perfectly fine...I think you are right about a TE threat around the red zone.

Middle of the field we seem fine without one, but around the goal line I think it would pay dividends for everyone.

Not to hijack this thread, but Jenkins has all the tools to become a red zone nightmare, but must be missing some pieces...because 3 different coordinators have never used him in the Finneran fashion around the goal line.