My 360 just becamed ill

so many stories like this are what keep me from getting one

New consoles are coming in 2011/2012. For me, this generation is over when it comes to the X360. I won't be getting one. Let's hope Microsoft wises up and actually behaves ethically with the next Xbox (Which is probably 2011).

It's not long of a wait.

In the meantime, there are many alternatives (PC, Wii, PS3, PS2, etc.). So it's not a big deal at all. PS3 is more than enough for me.

New consoles are coming in 2011/2012. For me, this generation is over when it comes to the X360. I won't be getting one. Let's hope Microsoft wises up and actually behaves ethically with the next Xbox (Which is probably 2011).

It's not long of a wait.

In the meantime, there are many alternatives (PC, Wii, PS3, PS2, etc.). So it's not a big deal at all. PS3 is more than enough for me.

sony and microsoft are coming out with new consoles already?

sony and microsoft are coming out with new consoles already?

The X360 was launched in 2005. Microsoft has hinted at a 2011 release for their next Xbox. 6 years is plenty.

Well not now, but within a couple years, my guess being 2012. Sony has said that they started on the PS4 before the PS3 was released.

Yup. Sony starts work on the successor before even the current console is out. They started work on the PS4 before the PS3 was launched. Same with the PS2 in relation to PS1.

They already have prototypes of PS4 consoles built.

It's not long of a wait.

I can't believe I am about to say this, but.......

Good Post!

i feel like i should wait until next console wars. i waited so long that if i get a ps3 now i wont enjoy it as long, but i will still get one of the new consoles. ps4 i wonder what it will have?

It will be a while before the PS4 comes along. To be honest, your described probable use seems more in line with a PS3. Gaming, but also really into movies. You can use Tversity and an add on to get netflix on the PS3, and its got blueray. Unless most of your friends play the 360, I would tell ya to grab a PS3. It will do what you need for the next 3 to 5 years, at which point you will be out of college, making dough, and not so worried about a couple hundred bucks.

well it officially died. Oh well, at least I got the extended warranty and will be shipped off later this week. If the ps3 ever comes down, I'll buy that in a heart beat. $400 is a lot for a part time worker, but I'll get a nursing assistant certificate in June and will get a full time job.

well it officially died. Oh well, at least I got the extended warranty and will be shipped off later this week. If the ps3 ever comes down, I'll buy that in a heart beat. $400 is a lot for a part time worker, but I'll get a nursing assistant certificate in June and will get a full time job.

Just what the heck is wrong with those things anyway? :huh:

I called support and they said I don't have the extended warranty for the 360 that I bought back last year. I argued with them for about 30 min before I had to hand to the phone over to my mother because I had to go to school. Long story cut short is that they are going to replace the 360 after I mail them the paper work that I bought the warranty. Now I'm saving up for the ps3 for when my 360 dies again and it will. Now I understand why that a lot of people prefer the ps3 over the 360.

I called support and they said I don't have the extended warranty for the 360 that I bought back last year. I argued with them for about 30 min before I had to hand to the phone over to my mother because I had to go to school. Long story cut short is that they are going to replace the 360 after I mail them the paper work that I bought the warranty. Now I'm saving up for the ps3 for when my 360 dies again and it will. Now I understand why that a lot of people prefer the ps3 over the 360.

wow.. that's crap man.... you would think they would replace happily if a product they made broke within a year

wow.. that's crap man.... you would think they would replace happily if a product they made broke within a year

My first 360 died last August and they sent me a new 360. Now this 360 died in 8 months. First thing they ask is does the 360 air circulation. I keep my 360 in a space about 28" by 20" with nothing around it. They try to blame you for making their product die.

The X360 was launched in 2005. Microsoft has hinted at a 2011 release for their next Xbox. 6 years is plenty.

Yup. Sony starts work on the successor before even the current console is out. They started work on the PS4 before the PS3 was launched. Same with the PS2 in relation to PS1.

They already have prototypes of PS4 consoles built.

Thats crazy, i bet they have to keep updating the software and equipment they are going to use in the next gen system because of they way technology improves in such a short time.

My first 360 died last August and they sent me a new 360. Now this 360 died in 8 months. First thing they ask is does the 360 air circulation. I keep my 360 in a space about 28" by 20" with nothing around it. They try to blame you for making their product die.

Yeah, they do that and it is annoying as heck. When mine died they asked me all sorts of questions, and I basically wanted to slap the woman. I have never heard such condescension. Since then I have been lucky (if you call three total round trips to the repair depo in 3 years lucky. I do wish more of my friends had a PS3, but as it is, they all play xbox. Oh well...

Yeah, they do that and it is annoying as heck. When mine died they asked me all sorts of questions, and I basically wanted to slap the woman. I have never heard such condescension. Since then I have been lucky (if you call three total round trips to the repair depo in 3 years lucky. I do wish more of my friends had a PS3, but as it is, they all play xbox. Oh well...

that's the biggest problem with me as well. Nobody I know has a ps3, except a few. almost all people I know have 360's

Thats crazy, i bet they have to keep updating the software and equipment they are going to use in the next gen system because of they way technology improves in such a short time.

Yeah. They don't finalize specifications until near launch. That's one thing game developers who write software for launch games go through. They write the code for hardware that has no final specifications. The specifications usually change in the middle of development.

That's one thing Kojima hated when directing MGS4. The game was in development for 4 years, but it launched in the middle of 2008. So they were writing for hardware that wasn't out yet, and they had to revised their code for the changing hardware.

All they went on was what Sony told them the hardware would be like.

Yup. We have both systems in the apartment, and its cool to have variety, but when I want to play online call of duty or madden, the xbox gets fired up.

lucky. <_< im split, because it seems my close friends are getting a ps3 or at least one of them is, but the rest of my outer friends have 360s. i know the ps3 is better suited for my needs, but it would be hard to lose all the friends i could play with online. of course i would have the guys on here with ps3.

that's the biggest problem with me as well. Nobody I know has a ps3, except a few. almost all people I know have 360's

Same here. I have 17 friends with 360 and 4 with PS3.

And I mean real life friends, not somebody that added me after Madden or from the message boards.

lucky. <_< im split, because it seems my close friends are getting a ps3 or at least one of them is, but the rest of my outer friends have 360s. i know the ps3 is better suited for my needs, but it would be hard to lose all the friends i could play with online. of course i would have the guys on here with ps3.

I am pretty sure there is at least one instance of that not being a positive thing. I am happy with the 360, but I see myself playing more and more PS3 as good single player games come out. You are in a difficult position my friend. I don't think you have to worry about the reliability of the newer ones, but make sure it has the Jasper chip. It still isn't perfect, but it is more in the range of acceptable.