Give me One Position that would make the most impact on our team

hakim24

Most impact would be S for me:

Whether it is William Moore, Louis Delmas, Rashad Johnson or whoever, I think a new Safety will big a BIG step in improving our defense. Lawyer was TERRIBLE in coverage and Coleman was forced to carry him out there. Getting a new Safety will let everyone relax a little more and we can be a bit more aggressive.

We already signed Peterson to take over Brooking's spot so hopefully he is an upgrade there.

Least impact in this draft would be DT/NT:

Raji is the only DT that has everything we need in a DT and he will be long gone. Jerry and Hood are good UT prospects, but would not make a good tandem with Babs on Run Downs.

Our best option in the draft is to go for a late round guy like Myron Pryor of Roy Miller imo. Because they are late round rookies, you can never know how they will affect the game.

Most impact would be S for me:

Whether it is William Moore, Louis Delmas, Rashad Johnson or whoever, I think a new Safety will big a BIG step in improving our defense. Lawyer was TERRIBLE in coverage and Coleman was forced to carry him out there. Getting a new Safety will let everyone relax a little more and we can be a bit more aggressive.

We already signed Peterson to take over Brooking's spot so hopefully he is an upgrade there.

Least impact in this draft would be DT/NT:

Raji is the only DT that has everything we need in a DT and he will be long gone. Jerry and Hood are good UT prospects, but would not make a good tandem with Babs on Run Downs.

Our best option in the draft is to go for a late round guy like Myron Pryor of Roy Miller imo. Because they are late round rookies, you can never know how they will affect the game.

I think that S is probably the biggest question mark right now, so that would have high impact. Same with CB though, and I think a serious pass rushing end (English?) would also have the opportunity to make plays. That being said, I think I'm leaning towards LB in the first round (or even TE).

I agree with you about the DT. People want a solid NT, and I agree, but I don't think that means we should just pick the best DT available in the first. Hood is a borderline first round talent who Mayock describes as a one gap penetrator like Jerry. They might be good football players, but we have other holes to fill and as you said Raji is the only one who seems to fit the bill of what we want early. I know our DT's were pedestrian last year, but Hood or Jerry still probably leaves Jefferson etc... on the field more than I'd like.

Most impact

I feel like some one on D LINE would make the most impact because if we can generate some better pass rush we wouldn't rely as mich on our secondary

Least

Safety because i feel like decoud could fill the missing spot

also i just went off of positions on the D ^_^

The Most impact would be DE

- We need some help on the D-Line, even if they are a pass rusher there first year, due to the fact that we have Davis and JA98 to play on running downs. We need a good effective pass rusher opposite of Abe, and someone who can replace Abe, just in case he gets hurt. As i have pointed out before, Abe accounted for 47% of our sack total last year.

The least impact would be LB

- IMO i feel like we have our starters at LB, with Peterson, Lofton, Nicholas and the talent that will be available to us 24 is will not be a complete package who will be ready to start over what we have now. I also think that James will be a good option for us on passing downs if we need a nickel back. I know that alot of people here like Matthews and i like him too, but he is too inexperienced in my opinion to be ready to start. I do think that we need some depth at the position but we can wait until the later rounds to get that depth.

The position that would make the most impact would be on the D-line. The D line is the most important spot. Having a guy in the middle who can stop the run a little better and disrupt would be WAY more beneficial than any Safety or Corner we could draft. Especially in this draft class of Safeties and Corners.

The position that would make the least impact is DB. Whether we are talking about a Safety or Corner it does not matter. We can have legit corners all day long, but if we do not get pressure on the QB then it will not make any difference, but if we get a guy who can pressure the QB then that will make everyone in our secondary look like pro bowlers.

D line is most important and Secondary is least important

I completely disagree that DT would have the least impact on our team.

Right now we are relying on a 285 lb UT (and that may be exaggerated) and a guy from Washburn College who has missed the last year and half to injuries.

To say that DT isn't a need is crazy talk.

I like Babs as a rotational/pass rushing DT, signing him to an extensioin was a good thing IMO because of how much we like to rotate the DT's. That said, he is only a starter in the NFL because we don't have a single legitimate starter at DT. (I don't know, maybe Lewis is going to set the world on fire this season) Coleman was our last big time player at DT.

As far as I am concerned we need 2 DT's.

So, for the least impact full position, well I don't know for sure. I think our CB's are ok and can be more then serviceable if we can get pressure on the QB. I definitely think we will take a LB in this draft, early, but I think the Peterson/Lofton/Nicholas combination is ok too. I think a bigger LB would be nice to have but I don't know how much better they would be then Nicholas as a rookie.

I would say if we drafted a CB in the first round, I would expect the least amount of impact. He won't help us improve our porous run defense and probably won't help with coverage if we can't get after the QB.

The position I think would make the most impact on our team is TE. I'm not voting for a first round TE, and don't even want one, but that's the single position, which if significantly upgraded, will make the largest point differential. We were bad in the red zone, and our scoring offense was no better than our scoring defense. Our second biggest impact player would likely be a dominant RT. That would kick Clabo to RG, and would give us a mauling right side of the line. We were very bad last year in "force" situations, of 3rd and short, 3rd and goal, etc.

I know everyone wants to go D, and I largely agree, but those two positions are likely the ones that would make a bigger point per game difference than any others.

On D, I'd say penetrating DL first. This would add a guy to pair with Babs, and we'd have a lot of penetration on the inside to help our DEs. This would also make a great difference to the secondary as they benefit from a quarterback being antsy. I think second most helpful would be a playmaking safety, and third and OLB with great run fits.

Least helpful is likely a CB.

I completely disagree that DT would have the least impact on our team.

Right now we are relying on a 285 lb UT (and that may be exaggerated) and a guy from Washburn College who has missed the last year and half to injuries.

To say that DT isn't a need is crazy talk.

I like Babs as a rotational/pass rushing DT, signing him to an extensioin was a good thing IMO because of how much we like to rotate the DT's. That said, he is only a starter in the NFL because we don't have a single legitimate starter at DT. (I don't know, maybe Lewis is going to set the world on fire this season) Coleman was our last big time player at DT.

As far as I am concerned we need 2 DT's.

So, for the least impact full position, well I don't know for sure. I think our CB's are ok and can be more then serviceable if we can get pressure on the QB. I definitely think we will take a LB in this draft, early, but I think the Peterson/Lofton/Nicholas combination is ok too. I think a bigger LB would be nice to have but I don't know how much better they would be then Nicholas as a rookie.

I would say if we drafted a CB in the first round, I would expect the least amount of impact. He won't help us improve our porous run defense and probably won't help with coverage if we can't get after the QB.

I never said DT isn't a need. I just said that the 1st and 2nd round talent isn't what we need.

Most impact: OLB with a nose for getting to the qb. Babs and Abe can't do it all alone again this year.

Least impact: CB b/c we have a decent nucleus of young corners with talent. Would rather have a safety.

I agree absolutely. Almost verbatim what I was going to say. Been a while since we had a terror at the outside 'backer spot..... a Joel Williams type who can stick somebody on running plays, cover when needed, and a wrecking ball in the offensive backfield when he's turned loose on blitzes.

I think we're okay at corner with Houston, Jackson, and Hutchins. I wouldn't mind seeing and addional talented cover guy picked in the late rounds, but the needs on the defensive side begin with the front seven, in my opinion.