Falcons going corner- Stafford to the Rams

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa...t.e3cc4cc9.html

This is where Gosselin starts to get pretty accurate over the years.....

1. Detroit Lions:

Aaron Curry, OLB, Wake Forest

The first linebacker selected first overall since 1988

2. St. Louis Rams:

Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia

The Rams aren't sold on Marc Bulger

3. Kansas City Chiefs:

Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

Best player available at any position upgrades the Chiefs

4. Seattle Seahawks:

Mark Sanchez, QB, Southern California

Matt Hasselbeck turns 34 in September

5. Cleveland Browns:

Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

The Browns may trade Braylon Edwards before the draft

6. Cincinnati Bengals:

Eugene Monroe, OT, Virginia

The Bengals need to protect QB Carson Palmer better

7. Oakland Raiders:

Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

Al Davis sees Tim Brown all over again

8. Jacksonville Jaguars:

Andre Smith, OT, Alabama

Forget his weight – Smith is the best blocker in this draft

9. Green Bay Packers:

Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

Both starting cornerbacks are in their 30s

10. San Francisco 49ers:

Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State

Could be the Ben Roethlisberger of this draft

11. Buffalo Bills:

Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU

NFL's 22nd ranked run defense becomes more stout

12. Denver Broncos:

B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

Broncos need to get bigger, better in defensive front seven

13. Washington Redskins:

Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State

Redskins hope Maybin can give them what Jason Taylor didn't

14. New Orleans Saints:

Beanie Wells, HB, Ohio State

Saints envision Beanie as their new Deuce McAllister

15. Houston Texans:

Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas

Texans need help for Mario Williams up front

16. San Diego Chargers:

Knowshown Moreno, HB, Georgia

LaDainian Tomlinson older, Darren Sproles headed toward free agency in 2010

17. New York Jets:

Percy Harvin, WR, Florida

With WR Laveranues Coles gone, Jets need big plays on flank

18. Denver Broncos:

Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

Broncos need to get bigger, better in defensive front seven

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

Brian Cushing, OLB, Southern California

Both starting outside linebackers gone from 2008

20. Detroit Lions:

Peria Jerry, DT, Mississippi

Both starting defensive tackles gone from 2008 gone

21. Philadelphia Eagles:

Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi

Andy Reid loves offensive and defensive linemen

22. Minnesota Vikings:

Darius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

Better receiver play means better quarterback play

23. New England Patriots:

Rey Maualuga, MLB, Southern California

Maualuga and Jerod Mayo would forge a dynamic middle

24. Atlanta Falcons:

Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois

The NFL's 21st ranked pass defense needs his cover skills

25. Miami Dolphins:

Clay Matthews, OLB, Southern California

Bill Parcells loves stocking the defensive front seven

26. Baltimore Ravens:

Brandon Pettigrew, TE, Oklahoma State

Ravens always draft the best value on the board

27. Indianapolis Colts:

Ziggy Hood, DT, Missouri

GM Polian is tired of playing with free agents at DT

28. Buffalo Bills:

Eben Britton, OT, Arizona

Trading Pro Bowler Jason Peters to Eagles creates a huge hole at LT

29. New York Giants:

Kenny Britt, WR, Rutgers

Giants need a size receiver to replace Plaxico Burress

30. Tennessee Titans:

James Laurinaitis, MLB, Ohio State

Quality linebackers will go fast in this draft

31. Arizona Cardinals:

Donald Brown, HB, Connecticut

The heir apparent to Edgerrin James

32. Pittsburgh Steelers:

Eric Wood, C, Louisville

Wood can play inside at center or guard

As I agreed with you on TATF. Strange, Gosselin, usually does better homework to this point....

Gosselin's early stuff (well, early for him, which is usually 10 days before the draft) sucks. He is awful at analysis and has no clue of the needs of any team not named the Cowboy's. But fortunately for him, he does have some very good inside contact info that firms up some of the early picks for him more than the other guys the day prior to the draft. Gosselin usually gets 1 more pick right than Kiper, Wright, and others (yes 1 whole pick better, I think he averages 7 right where the others are about 6). I wish I could remember what website ranked all of these draft prognosticators. What's a better ranking to me than the number of picks exactly right is the percentage of players in the correct round & I think Gosselin is usually 3rd or 4th on that list.

Davis is one of the few guys that I can project, with confidence, as a "bust"

Davis' NFL performance will be determined a lot by who drafts him. If he goes to a team where the veterans get him in line, he'll get the biggest contract ever given to a corner in four years. He immediately becomes one of the top 5 corners in the NFL in terms of talent the instant he's drafted. The overhead is the concern. If he goes to a losing franchise and gets into a situation where his tendency toward being a griefer is enabled, he'll be in trouble. I am of the opinion that a lot of his problems in college stem from the fact that he thinks the same of Ron Zook that everyone else does. People have forgotten it lately, but Sporting News and at least one other service had him ranked as the top overall prospect at the start of the year. He has special talent and had two great years of film before the 2008 meltdown the entire Illinois team suffered.

Gosselin's early stuff (well, early for him, which is usually 10 days before the draft) sucks. He is awful at analysis and has no clue of the needs of any team not named the Cowboy's. But fortunately for him, he does have some very good inside contact info that firms up some of the early picks for him more than the other guys the day prior to the draft. Gosselin usually gets 1 more pick right than Kiper, Wright, and others (yes 1 whole pick better, I think he averages 7 right where the others are about 6). I wish I could remember what website ranked all of these draft prognosticators. What's a better ranking to me than the number of picks exactly right is the percentage of players in the correct round & I think Gosselin is usually 3rd or 4th on that list.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/mockdraftrankings.shtml

There is the rankings for the last three years Gosslien tops the list

I really don't get why anyone is still putting anyone other than Stafford at #1 in their mocks. It's just ridiculous at this point. I guess if they can't make an argument for something else, they'd have nothing to do.

Laurinitis at 30? Vontae davis @ 24 you got to be kidding me Gosselin. This is the only time that I had to disagree with you. Falcons need a prospective leader at LB. Lofton is a good MLB but Laurinaitis will be a big big upgrade from Brooking at WLB and he provides a sense of knowledege of the run and pass coverages used in a 4-3. Vontae Davis is good but Darius Butler and Malcolm Jenkins on paper would make much sense. And with the history of drafting solid and wonderful LB's like Brooking, Tuggle and Nobis; Laurinaitis would give the linebackers a big help. With that being said, the falcons can still get Fili Moala(a nice DT) or Asher Allen in the second and Chase Coffman or Travis Beckum in the third all will fill big big needs.

Davis' NFL performance will be determined a lot by who drafts him. If he goes to a team where the veterans get him in line, he'll get the biggest contract ever given to a corner in four years. He immediately becomes one of the top 5 corners in the NFL in terms of talent the instant he's drafted. The overhead is the concern. If he goes to a losing franchise and gets into a situation where his tendency toward being a griefer is enabled, he'll be in trouble. I am of the opinion that a lot of his problems in college stem from the fact that he thinks the same of Ron Zook that everyone else does. People have forgotten it lately, but Sporting News and at least one other service had him ranked as the top overall prospect at the start of the year. He has special talent and had two great years of film before the 2008 meltdown the entire Illinois team suffered.

Vontae is a lot like his brother Vernon. Both are better athletes than they are instinctive football players.

I disagree with that. I've seen Vontae Davis do some amazing things on the football field. Russ Lande didn't randomly put him at the top of his draft board at the start of the year. He could be the next Champ Bailey if grows up some.

The problem is that he hasn't consistently been the player that he should be with those physical tools. He was good in college, but he should have been great.