Patrick Chung

As it gets closer to the draft I cant go a day without looking at some sort of mock draft to see what the birds will do at 24 and in the later rounds as well. Also I noticed that a lot of fans talk about only two safeties. Delmas, and Moore. Now dont get me wrong I like both of them, but if they are off the board and we still need some safety help what do you guys think about patrick chung?

Projected as 1 of the top 3 safeties in the draft..some even have him as the top safety.

Height: 5'11

Weight: 212

40 yard dash: 4.54

Career Stats: 384 TKLS,17 PBU, 9 INT

Louis Delmas

Weight: 202

40 yard dash: 4.53

Career Stats: 310 TLKS, 18 PBU, 12 INT

William Moore

Height: 6'

Weight: 221

Career Stats: 284 TLKS, 22 PBU, 11 INT

Now I would love it if Delmas or Moore were available in round two, but if not I think Chung would not be a bad fit for us.

As far as I know Chung is decent and all but isnt his strength run support ... I heard he wasnt that affective in pass coverage ... could be wrong though

Its true chung fairs very well against the run, but I have seen some threads about him having some coverage issues. However they are not big problems, it is said he might have troubles matching up man to man with some wide outs in the game, but that comes with a rookie safety IMO. its not often that a rookie has all the skills needed right from the get go. (matt ryan ;) haha)

Its true chung fairs very well against the run, but I have seen some threads about him having some coverage issues. However they are not big problems, it is said he might have troubles matching up man to man with some wide outs in the game, but that comes with a rookie safety IMO. its not often that a rookie has all the skills needed right from the get go. (matt ryan ;) haha)

I would like to think he is not as bad as I have heard .... Maybe our best value would be Vaughn later in the draft

I would like to think he is not as bad as I have heard .... Maybe our best value would be Vaughn later in the draft

Yea I think we have a lot of options for a good safety this year..and not just in the first 3 rounds..If we do decide to go elsewhere in the earlier rounds then I wouldnt mind it at all if we waited for Vaughn.

He's the guy and best value for us in the 3rd possibly 4th round the safety class is'nt strong so for best value we wait to pull the trigger on a safety another guy to look at is Sherrod Martin I think he might be another 3rd rounder.

As it gets closer to the draft I cant go a day without looking at some sort of mock draft to see what the birds will do at 24 and in the later rounds as well. Also I noticed that a lot of fans talk about only two safeties. Delmas, and Moore. Now dont get me wrong I like both of them, but if they are off the board and we still need some safety help what do you guys think about patrick chung?

Projected as 1 of the top 3 safeties in the draft..some even have him as the top safety.

Weight: 212

40 yard dash: 4.54

Career Stats: 384 TKLS,17 PBU, 9 INT

Louis Delmas

Weight: 202

Career Stats: 310 TLKS, 18 PBU, 12 INT

William Moore

Height: 6'

Weight: 221

Career Stats: 284 TLKS, 22 PBU, 11 INT

Now I would love it if Delmas or Moore were available in round two, but if not I think Chung would not be a bad fit for us.

hes not bad i just heard hes not a good cover saftey

Patrick Chung is a very good player, make no mistake....but he will be a player who we will not reach for at #24 and he probaly will be the second safety behind Delmas to be drafted in the early second before our #55.

He would not be a player worth trading up for in value.

My thinking is that if Delmas is who we want TD needs to trade back in the first and acquire another second rounder. If not William Moore at the #55 or Chip Vaughn, Rashad Johnson in the Third Round.

I don't see any of them as a better player than Thomas Decoud is. He was drafted by TD because he fits our scheme and is very talented. He went in the 3rd in a better safety class and would be in the 2nd in this class as the same talent level as these guys. He also knows our system better than them now and has learned from some vets already. The guy should start this year and if he does good then great it saves us a pick and position. If he doesn't do so well then we take a top safety next year in Eric Berry, Taylor Mays, Major Wright, Morgan Burnett, Deaunta Williams, Kam Chancellor, or Myrone Rolle. Who in my opinion are all better talent at safety than this classes top guys in Delmas and Chung.