Chuck Liddell is done.

Just got KTFO by Shogun Rua. Dana White said this was a must win for him to continue in UFC. Looks like it's over for the Iceman.

Have you got any more details on the fight; such as what round, how it was going prior to the knockout? Chuck has excellent wrestling skills as well if I remember correctly but I think he fell in love with the knockout and probably never made himself as complete as he could have been.

i don't really follow ufc, but i remember when BSPN made a huge deal about liddell-jackson fight and they really hyped up liddell. Gave him the magazine cover and almost round the clock coverage. But then he got knocked the eff out in the first round I think, and it was like someone just popped BSPN's balloon. They certainly don't talk about UFC nowadays on BSPN like they use to do right before that fight. It's like they passed gas and high-tailed it out of there real quick lest someone figure out that they are the one who stunk up the joint.

Have you got any more details on the fight; such as what round, how it was going prior to the knockout? Chuck has excellent wrestling skills as well if I remember correctly but I think he fell in love with the knockout and probably never made himself as complete as he could have been.

Stand up fight pretty much, Liddell swung, Rua swung, Rua caught Liddell on the button and then hammer fisted him till it was called. Liddell looked not bad and he still has the power but he is a touch slower than he used to be and should hang them up.

Chuck actually scored a takedown right before the KO.

Rua caught him with a left hook. Landed it square on the jaw, and then hammerfisted him into oblivion. Chuck didn't even know what happened (literally -- he asked the ref "what happened?").

I'm a huge Chuck fan, but he needs to either fight in smaller productions where he can compete or hang it up. He's risking his health against elite athletes at this point.

Man, I remember when Chuck was freakin unbeatable. Dude was an absolute monster, and that was only a couple years ago.

Guy has went on a complete downward spiral.

The thing is, in any sport of this nature, whether it be boxing or MMA, etc, the span of time from being unstoppable to becoming a has been can be eerily short. Remember Mike Tyson? For less than a decade he was the most feared fighter in the world, and then almost overnight, he became a joke. Physical sports where athletes are paid to bludgeon or be bludgeoned on a regular basis are filled with Prime Timers with short careers. Chuck should consider getting out while he's still got most of his faculties. He's still got a relatively strong following, and a good name. There's probably several different avenues he can still pursue that will pay him well, with very little risk to his health. He can handle himself in the cage against most fighters, but he's at the end of his run of being a main event draw. If he continues to ignore the obvious, he's going to end up really hurt...or worse, a laughingstock. :unsure:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

random facts:

-Byron Scott`s son is the one rapping in this song

-his name is Tdot Scott

i thought chuck was actually looking good he just got caught

but its happening to him on the reggie now so ............his career should be over

silva may be the best fighter i have seen.Period he was toying with that guy

Silva is the most boring fighter to watch period. He was exicting when everyone was still trying to figure out his reaction style fighting. But now they just stand there and look at each other. **** the first round yesterday there was no real fighting until the last minute.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

random facts:

-his name is Tdot Scott

wtf how did I post this in here?

my bad

random facts:

-his name is Tdot Scott

wtf how did I post this in here?

my bad

LMAOOOOOOO, I was scrolling down thinking wtf.

The thing is, in any sport of this nature, whether it be boxing or MMA, etc, the span of time from being unstoppable to becoming a has been can be eerily short. Remember Mike Tyson? For less than a decade he was the most feared fighter in the world, and then almost overnight, he became a joke. Physical sports where athletes are paid to bludgeon or be bludgeoned on a regular basis are filled with Prime Timers with short careers. Chuck should consider getting out while he's still got most of his faculties. He's still got a relatively strong following, and a good name. There's probably several different avenues he can still pursue that will pay him well, with very little risk to his health. He can handle himself in the cage against most fighters, but he's at the end of his run of being a main event draw. If he continues to ignore the obvious, he's going to end up really hurt...or worse, a laughingstock. :unsure:

Yeah but Lidell was dominating kids in like 2007. This steep a drop off in two years is just weird. Not saying it can't happen, just that I haven't beared witness to it a whole lot. Albeit Andruw Jones comes to mind.

‘Shogun’ drops, finishes Liddell

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua looked like his old self. Chuck Liddell just looked old.

The flashy 27-year-old Brazilian stopped the former light heavyweight champion on first-round strikes in the co-main event. Rua dropped Liddell with a lead left hook and finished him off with hammerfists on the ground 4:28 into round one.

“I’m very happy,” Rua said. “Liddell is a legend in MMA.”

Rua’s gameplan was clear from the outset, as he attacked Liddell’s lead leg with kicks and kept him honest with overhand rights. The 2005 Pride middleweight grand prix winner took down Liddell and threatened him with a leg lock before the two light heavyweights resumed their exchanges standing.

In his first appearance since his brutal knockout loss to Rashad Evans last summer, Liddell’s moments were few and far between. He answered Rua’s takedown with one of his own but failed to consolidate it with any damage on the ground. Once the two men stood, Rua looked for an opening and capitalized.

“I’m disappointed,” Liddell said. “I had a great camp. I was in great shape. I was ready to go, and things weren’t firing quite right.”

Liddell (21-7), who turns 40 in December, has lost four of his last five bouts. Once the sport’s most dominant light heavyweight, he now must face the inevitable questions regarding a potential retirement.

“I gotta go home and talk to everybody,” Liddell said. “I don’t know. I just didn’t feel right tonight.”

LINK

Silva is the most boring fighter to watch period. He was exicting when everyone was still trying to figure out his reaction style fighting. But now they just stand there and look at each other. **** the first round yesterday there was no real fighting until the last minute.

I do not consider Anderson Silva a boring fighter, and would pay good dollar to see him take on some of the top contenders in the 205 division.